HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pre #8: Flyers @ Sabres - Sunday, Oct. 3, 2010 - 6:00 PM (ET)

Old
10-03-2010, 07:33 PM
infidelappel*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Nodl was good on the PP there as well.
Oh, yeah, I forgot Nodl. I really wish he would get some confidence; he does such good work along the wall, and he clearly has the speed and hands to do good things with the puck, but he just will not bring it to the net and put it on. It's unfortunate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harakiri View Post
Bob should be the backup until Leights gets back.
I don't want him backing up, waste of time. If he's going to be with the Flyers I hope he starts, even though in a perfect world I would really want him to start the year in the AHL, and let Backlund ride the pine with the Flyers.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 07:33 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Maroon is awesome. He's just bashing people on the forecheck. Love it.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 07:34 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Look at all the reasons I've high-lighted in my previous post. We brought the worst team possible to play in front of Backlund, Buffalo practically brought their best team possible, Backlund hasn't played in like six ****ing months, and the defensive coverage was absolutely atrocious to flat-out non-existent on every single one of the goals against.

It's ridiculous and, frankly, idiotic to judge Backlund just on this one game.
i see what you're saying now. i kind of forgot this is the phantom's plus the fourth line.

ive missed a bit of the game. how has bob looked?

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Last game, but you don't know how ready he was. Best not to jump to conclusions. They made the decision to give him this whole game.

It sucks, but if he was healthy, he would've gotten the go before Bob this preseason.
Not jumping to conclusions.

But all logic points to the fact that, if you have a goalie as your backup on the bench then he's probably healthy. Why would you put an unhealthy goalie on the bench?

Combine that with the fact that literally two days and one game later they felt he was suddenly "healthy" enough to start a game and it makes perfect sense that he was probably healthy last game and possibly even before that.

Doesn't really matter though. It's just ridiculous that Backlund's being given such **** support and practically no chance to show what he has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
I made the comment last March that after the NHL decided not to suspend Carcillo for shoving a linesman in the Boston game, that the refs would make sure that they would form their own justice against Carcillo.
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like NHL refs are a very tight-knit, ultra-sensitive group. They kind of seem like, for lack of a better word, ****** to me. I think the Burrows incident is proof of that.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

That was pathetic.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

What the ****?

Defense...do ANYTHING to help Bob? Anything?

Old
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

2-8

RevUpThoseGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Bourdon got turned inside out.

Sad

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

holy ****...this IS nhl10 on easy. good lord.

edit: i mean come the **** on.

Old
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Hope Nodl is okay.

Old
10-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Pwood
B-B-B-Bus can't swim

Send a message via AIM to Pwood Send a message via Yahoo to Pwood
Bob is a bust.

Pwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Yeah, I have no idea how the coaching staff couldn't see this coming, unless they though, for whatever reason, that Buffalo would play only prospects and fringe NHLers as well.

I even said on the first page of this topic that I can't see us winning.
Well, I don't even care about the lineup as far as competing with Buffalo in the preseason. I just think it's a bit ridiculous to put Backlund in this situation after not having played in so long. I mean, give the guy a fair shot to be evaluated. And like I said, I'm not even a Backlund fan.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

was that a pass to bob?

Old
10-03-2010, 07:37 PM
infidelappel*

Wow, Bourdon just got dangled so hard.

That goal is obviously not on Bob at all, but it'd be nice to see him stay up a little longer there. He has to learn to try to fight for a more upright position and keep his hands higher.

Again, I am NOT blaming him for that, but his response to that play won't really work in the NHL. Just sayin'.

Old
10-03-2010, 07:38 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
Wow, Bourdon just got dangled so hard.

That goal is obviously not on Bob at all, but it'd be nice to see him stay up a little longer there. He has to learn to try to fight for a more upright position and keep his hands higher.

Again, I am NOT blaming him for that, but his response to that play won't really work in the NHL. Just sayin'.
Bob reacted poorly to it, but really, he should not have expected someone to split through a 1 foot gap between two defensemen with out so much as getting a body on the guy, let alone a stick-check.

That was the worst defensive effort I've seen in forever.

Old
10-03-2010, 07:39 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
Is there a stream anywhere? I'd love to watch Bob play.
http://livetv.ru/webplayer.php?t=rtm...2266&ci=2&si=2

Here's a stream but, it hasn't worked for a number of people. If you live in the Philadelphia area it is on the Flyers site.

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
By the way, since Carcillo already has two game misconducts, any others during the season will incur an automatic suspensions. He's going into the season with absolutely no room for error, or even interpretation by the league. That includes if he chooses to fight 3 times in a game.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyphan25 View Post
Nice, I just moved to Cinnaminson this Summer. BTW I couldn't steam from the Flyers site either tonight.
Really? Cool. Where do you live? You going to high school here or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
i see what you're saying now. i kind of forgot this is the phantom's plus the fourth line.

ive missed a bit of the game. how has bob looked?
Ah, that explains it.

The best goalie in the league would look like **** with this defense playing for them. Bob hasn't played much or seen many shots. While Laviolette switched goalies he called a timeout and yelled at the team for being ****ing horrible. You know how effective those timeouts are.

So the team is playing a bit better for Bob and he hasn't been challenged as much as Backlund, but Bob just let one goal in at the end of the period where the defense just let a Buffalo forward walk through them again.

So Bob looks just as good as Backlund so far because both of them might as well not have a defense playing in front of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
holy ****...this IS nhl10 on easy. good lord.

edit: i mean come the **** on.
lol. I said the same thing earlier.

See what I'm saying now? Backlund has looked perfectly fine. Bob just got the same kind of support on his goal against that Backlund received on all seven of his against.

Old
10-03-2010, 07:41 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Bob reacted poorly to it, but really, he should not have expected someone to split through a 1 foot gap between two defensemen with out so much as getting a body on the guy, let alone a stick-check.

Believe me, I know, which is why I said not once, but twice, that I wasn't putting that goal on him in any form. That's just a horrible situation to get stuck in, and that is ALL on the defense. Bourdon blew it hard.

But it was also a demonstration of his tendency to drop a little early, and a situation in which it's just not gonna work at all. If he fights a little more to stay in his butterfly longer, he gives himself as hot to make that save. That's ALL I'm saying, it's something I'd like to see him keep working on.

Old
10-03-2010, 07:41 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
By the way, since Carcillo already has two game misconducts, any others during the season will incur an automatic suspensions. He's going into the season with absolutely no room for error, or even interpretation by the league.
I'm just hoping he makes the team

RevUpThoseGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Kaktus*

this game is ****...

another 29 year old bust.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevUpThoseFlyers View Post
I'm just hoping he makes the team
He will make the team, but there's a better than average chance he'll be on another team later in the season.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Flyer View Post
Well, I don't even care about the lineup as far as competing with Buffalo in the preseason. I just think it's a bit ridiculous to put Backlund in this situation after not having played in so long. I mean, give the guy a fair shot to be evaluated. And like I said, I'm not even a Backlund fan.
Exactly how I feel.

What makes it all the more ridiculous is that, considering our goalie situation (being that we don't have a legitimate NHL starter and only two prospects who can potentially step in), it's extremely important to give Backlund a fair shot, unless you're perfectly fine with rushing Bob (which the Flyers organization apparently is).

Quote:

I've never seen worse defensive zone coverage or even effort in any NHL game ever. Even in the pre-season.

Old
10-03-2010, 07:43 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
Believe me, I know, which is why I said not once, but twice, that I wasn't putting that goal on him in any form. That's just a horrible situation to get stuck in, and that is ALL on the defense. Bourdon blew it hard.

But it was also a demonstration of his tendency to drop a little early, and a situation in which it's just not gonna work at all. If he fights a little more to stay in his butterfly longer, he gives himself as hot to make that save. That's ALL I'm saying, it's something I'd like to see him keep working on.
This is something I bet the coaches are looking at when they say he's not NHL ready just yet.

Don't forget, kid's never had a goalie coach.

Old
10-03-2010, 07:43 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Really? Cool. Where do you live? You going to high school here or something?

Ah, that explains it.

The best goalie in the league would look like **** with this defense playing for them. Bob hasn't played much or seen many shots. While Laviolette switched goalies he called a timeout and yelled at the team for being ****ing horrible. You know how effective those timeouts are.

So the team is playing a bit better for Bob and he hasn't been challenged as much as Backlund, but Bob just let one goal in at the end of the period where the defense just let a Buffalo forward walk through them again.

So Bob looks just as good as Backlund so far because both of them might as well not have a defense playing in front of them.

lol. I said the same thing earlier.

See what I'm saying now? Backlund has looked perfectly fine. Bob just got the same kind of support on his goal against that Backlund received on all seven of his against.

yeah i see it. between the redskins game and paperwork, ive missed big chunks of the game, and have only seen snippets of goals being scored. once i saw some replays...damn. they could at least pretend they've heard the word "defense" once in their lives.