HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Strong out of the gate - miss the playoffs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-03-2010, 10:00 AM
  #51
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 5,389
vCash: 500
Agree with IAMREALITY more than RangerESQ.

However, good god guys, let's let the puck drop on the regular season already before one of you two have an aneurism.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 11:48 AM
  #52
IAMREALITY
Registered User
 
IAMREALITY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Agree with IAMREALITY more than RangerESQ.

However, good god guys, let's let the puck drop on the regular season already before one of you two have an aneurism.
Oh you're entertained and you know it

IAMREALITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 11:56 AM
  #53
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,945
vCash: 500
Actually, I can see just the opposite happening.

This team is going to miss the veteran presences up front of guys like Drury and Prospal in the early going.

The wheels can fly off a lot quicker with young/inexperienced/overmatched players.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 06:04 PM
  #54
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Country: England
Posts: 3,831
vCash: 500
I'm hoping this year is a case where we're too young to realize we're not supposed to win.

ChipAyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 06:06 PM
  #55
dtrap
Registered User
 
dtrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,720
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dtrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthefrowner View Post
Hurricanes? Who did they add of significance?
No one...but hey this is HFBoards...the place where the Rangers HAVE to be the worst team in professional hockey. There is no possible way anyone could be worse.

dtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 06:36 PM
  #56
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Blueshirt Special's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAyten View Post
I'm hoping this year is a case where we're too young to realize we're not supposed to win.
I like this.

Kind of like the year after the lockout when we were picked to be 30th

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 08:31 PM
  #57
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
i always worry about this with torts conditioning and wear on the players....hopefully they keep playing the way they showed they can in the pre-season

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 09:43 PM
  #58
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Country: England
Posts: 3,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface Avery View Post
i always worry about this with torts conditioning and wear on the players....hopefully they keep playing the way they showed they can in the pre-season
I think conditioning and physical shape is something that would become more apparent as the season goes on and wear & fatigue begin to set in. Hard to imagine professional athletes coming in to work not having fulfilled a job requirement (being in shape) to start a season, but I guess it happens.

ChipAyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 10:55 PM
  #59
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMREALITY View Post
Oh you're entertained and you know it
Not really. Both of you just sound really pissy and whiny

I actually think you make good points sometimes, but I don't understand why you need to be so overly sarcastic so frequently. You seem to be more concerned with winning arguments and making posters look bad rather than actually stating what you think

You can clamor about how this team will be better and everything, but at the end of the day all the evidence we have so far is a handful of preseason games. It would ridiculously naive to assume we'll be better just based on that alone. What you say may make sense, but it's not fact. A lot of it is just assumptions

I also think we'll be better, but I'm not going to jump on every poster who thinks otherwise because I don't have psychic powers and realize a lot of things can also go wrong. Just say you disagree and tell us why. No need to get personal all the damn time

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 02:42 AM
  #60
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
Pre-season kind of means jack **** when it comes to the regular season. Just look at different team's pre-season records throughout the year. Just last year the Leafs were pre-season dynamos and we saw how that turned out.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 09:14 AM
  #61
IAMREALITY
Registered User
 
IAMREALITY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Not really. Both of you just sound really pissy and whiny
Wasn't talkin to you son.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
I actually think you make good points sometimes,
Yes! I have arrived!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
but I don't understand why you need to be so overly sarcastic so frequently.
Nor do you need to. How bout this: I'll let you be you, and you let me be me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
You seem to be more concerned with winning arguments and making posters look bad rather than actually stating what you think
You're projecting. And trying to win a debate on a message board? Blasphemy! Further more, when taken into consideration that my average post is like a page unto itself, I'd say I probably state what I think rather well. Oh, and for what it's worth, if anything all I can do is make myself look good. Only you can make yourself look bad.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
You can clamor about how this team will be better and everything, but at the end of the day all the evidence we have so far is a handful of preseason games.
Thanks Captain Obvious.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
It would ridiculously naive to assume we'll be better just based on that alone.
Weird. One would think by reading your statement that I had said otherwise or something. I should mention my disappointment in there not being a "DUH" smilie.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
What you say may make sense, but it's not fact. A lot of it is just assumptions
Ok, be honest: Do you just say these "water is wet" statements so that it looks like you're winning an argument since you know everyone would agree with your positions? I mean, c'mon... Only evidence we have is preseason? Can't use that alone to accurately predict the season? Opinions on the season aren't fact? Most of what we have to go by are assumptions? Really now lol.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
I also think we'll be better, but I'm not going to jump on every poster who thinks otherwise because I don't have psychic powers and realize a lot of things can also go wrong.
Oh stop being so dramatic. I haven't jumped on every poster that says otherwise. I'd say the poster I responded to was a special case.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Just say you disagree and tell us why.
No.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
No need to get personal all the damn time
So sayeth someone who just out of nowhere, when he wasn't even the one being spoken to, decided to spend an entire post attacking my character, twisting my arguments, attempting to make me look bad and getting personal. Hmmmmmm, hypocrisy?

You should probably be more concerned with yourself and how you engage on the board before you worry about ruling others.

IAMREALITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 09:37 AM
  #62
mullichicken25
Registered User
 
mullichicken25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAyten View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that we're going to carry the preseason momentum on to a some impressive winning streak in the first 10 games, then flicker out into mediocrity once more? Its becoming an annual ritual with this team.
they'll play good enough out of the gate for posters to start formulating playoff match ups and custom ordering stanley cup jerseys

then they'll play bad enough that whatever posters didnt jump off a bridge will scream about how we need to trade everyone and tank because it will garentee us winning the cup for the next 3 years

then they will pick things up just enough to have a nail bighter down to the last game...where its a coin flip if we make/miss the playoffs

then repeate in 2011-2012

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 10:03 AM
  #63
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Blueshirt Special's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,122
vCash: 500
I have absolutely no expectations for this team this year.

I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised, but I'm OK going along for the ride.

Whatever chance we may have had since the post-lockout season to make a any kind of a run has passed. I'm OK viewing the team from a "re-group & re-build" mode for now.

It will be fun if we can get off to a good start utilizing a lot of our prospects, but if they falter come December (as they most likely will), I'll be OK with that.

If we are in serious contention for the playoffs (6 or better) come late February, then I'll start to get excited,.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 10:26 AM
  #64
Melrose_Jr.
Registered User
 
Melrose_Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
This Ranger season probably hinges more on the relative success of their conference rivals. In a vacuum, they're a playoff bubble team, period, and there isn't a lot they can do about at this point in time.

I think there are some major question marks surrounding the "best" teams in the East though and a major f-up like Philly goaltending could very well bring a superior team of skaters down below the Rangers in terms of competitiveness, just as it did last year. Conversely, a team like Atlanta could easily overachieve and make life really tough for the other bubble teams next April.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.