HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Waiver Draft List

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2003, 03:33 PM
CoyoteBaloney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hordichuk_24
Columbus had the most fighting majors in the NHL last season. Phoenix had the second most with 70.

I don't think it was the penalties that lost Simpson his job. It was the $1.5 million he was making. And knowing that they have a young guy like Spiller that costs less and can potentially play a similar game.
No, it wasnt the fighting majors that lost Simpson his job. I was just making a connection between fighting majors and low points. It is interesting that Columbus and Phoenix are two of the worse NHL teams and have the most fighting majors though.

Old
10-04-2003, 03:44 PM
ulf

i'm gonna go with mgmt is bare boning this team the best it can.a quality character like simpson need not be shipped out because of a couple of innapropriate penalties or a 1.5 mill contract which is chicken feed in the era.

they can't be so stupid as to not see how weak a d we have this year and yet blow away an nhl d man.

the theory of making room for youth doesn't hold much water as we all know that dmen take more time and mgmt is obviously not going to rush our youthful fwd's into the bigs or should they be rushing in the green dmen of our minor system.

the real question is why is mgmt doing this at this time?
does dropping the product on the ice to a minimum value make sense when your opening a new arena....or is it simply stay the course for the betterment of the future??

Old
10-04-2003, 04:17 PM
CoyoteBaloney

it is simple:
1. Management needs to cut another $3 million in salary before the start of the season.
2. Simpson's undisciplined play was much more then a few untimely penalties.
3. Simpson did not figure into the future plans of the Coyotes.
4. Simpson's contract was the biggest of all the defenders.
5. Simpson could be more easily or just as easily replaced than other defenders.

result: Expose Simpson and hope someone takes his contract off your hands.

Old
10-04-2003, 04:25 PM
Hoot

I agree with CT here. I think Simpson got the evil eye from management early last season and it was only a matter of time before he was gone.

Old
10-04-2003, 04:27 PM
Hordichuk_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteTony
No, it wasnt the fighting majors that lost Simpson his job. I was just making a connection between fighting majors and low points. It is interesting that Columbus and Phoenix are two of the worse NHL teams and have the most fighting majors though.
Its real simple. Frusteration.

Closed Thread