HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fedotenko Signs (1yr / $1MM)

Old
10-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
Very nice...he's a good team guy and he really earned his spot.

Never really paid attention to him in the past but I really liked his play and he seems to fit.

Congrats to Feds

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 11:59 AM
OverTheCap

I'm fine with this signing, especially now that Prospal is injured.

But I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm a bit concerned about his inconsistent work ethic. Hopefully he stays motivated throughout the course of the season.

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 12:01 PM
pwoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
He has nothing in common with Lisin. This is a guy that has been a proven player before, not some prospect like Lisin.
Before yes, but he seems to only be useful in round 2 and beyond in the playoffs. He's like Lisin in that he's enigmatic. We'll hate him by December.

Guerin would be a better vet replacement (assuming Prospal is gone).. he had a decent season and post season...unlike last year's no show ftenk.

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Great youth movement so Far ! First Emminger and now Tank. WOW Torts did it again with the talking out of both sides of his mouth. Weise MZA and the defensemen all should be here b4 this drub,.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 12:04 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

He earned it, nothing really more to say about that.

His competition for having a job continues though, as do a few people on this team, with Drury and Prospal locks to take a roster spot back when they return from injury

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
Before yes, but he seems to only be useful in round 2 and beyond in the playoffs. He's like Lisin in that he's enigmatic. We'll hate him by December.

Guerin would be a better vet replacement (assuming Prospal is gone).. he had a decent season and post season...unlike last year's no show ftenk.
He is nothing like lisin dude.....

If anyone hes like prospal and that is why i have no problems with the terms

Lisin was a young, unproven player who had the hockey sense of a 3rd grader.

If anything ftenk is a proven 3rd/4th liner with hockey smarts who will be a good veteran prescene on one of the youngest teams in the league (especially to start)

Worse comes to worse we dump him at the deadline for a pick or cut ties at the end of the year

happy with it

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 12:05 PM
IAMREALITY

Welcome Fed!

He totally earned it. He was one of the most pleasant surprises through camp and he's a proven player with a great relationship with torts. Hopefully that keeps him going this season.

Still don't believe I'm saying it, but I'm proud of him and actually glad he got the contract. I like when players surprise me and step up with an attitude of "Oh yeah? Watch this" and actually deliver.

He earned the jersey and I'm hoping he'll carry his work ethic the entire season.

IAMREALITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 12:09 PM
ogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
I think either we have to send one down, or put Prospal on IR.

Wish we'd just cut White and get it over with.
white is gone once Drury comes back.

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 12:11 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Great youth movement so Far ! First Emminger and now Tank. WOW Torts did it again with the talking out of both sides of his mouth. Weise MZA and the defensemen all should be here b4 this drub,.
Stepan and Sauer don't count? How many rookies do you want to be happy?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
white is gone once Drury comes back.
its so inevitable. You would think he would go on waivers just to give the guy a chance to catch on somewhere no?

he doesnt have to be sent down if he clears anyway

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Levitate

As a third liner he's probably fine, and I'm pretty sure that's what he'll be with the Rangers, sooo...all he has to do is not suck as bad as he did last year

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 12:18 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Stepan and Sauer don't count? How many rookies do you want to be happy?
Agreed....Eminger will sit on the bench most of the season so I'm happy with the fact they didnt cut him because i dont want gilroy, sauer, McD or Vtank to sit in the press box for 70% of the season

I dont understand why people cant see the role eminger has on this team. He has no hopes of being a starting D-Man but he knows his role. All of the kids have potential to be top-4 and theres no WAY they should be sitting in the press box because it would make some of you happy that there on the nhl roster.

As for Feds...he earned his spot on this team and MZA proved hes not ready in pre-season so i dont really know what your upset about

This team looks good and honestly the only thing i MIGHT have changed is keeping Vtank over gilroy...otherwise i like the picks torts made

Remember we also never saw these guys in practices and scrimmages..who knows how they played besides the games.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 12:22 PM
ThirdEye

I'm pretty happy. He was playing way over his head during the preseason, but he looks legitimately happy to be here. Like really, really happy.

He had pretty good chemistry with Avery and Stepan, so that's also a plus if those three continue to be on a line during the regular season

To Dagoon: stop being so overly dramatic. We signed him to a 1 year 1 million dollar deal for godsake, not for 5 years @ 30 million. Players will get hurt and he's a good veteran depth option. Weise hasn't shown me anything special and Fedotenko is a much option at this point because of his experience. MZA needs some seasoning in the AHL. He's clearly not ready

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 12:23 PM
ruckus*

Really hated the idea of this.

Guy had a great camp though.

I just hope he uses the entire year as a tryout and plays like he has through 6 pre-season games.

That line with Avery and Step looked good.

Really hope we don't regret this.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Some of y'all are silly. Acting like signing someone who blew everyone away in camp is the end of the team

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 12:31 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
Really hated the idea of this.

Guy had a great camp though.

I just hope he uses the entire year as a tryout and plays like he has through 6 pre-season games.

That line with Avery and Step looked good.

Really hope we don't regret this.
Why would we regret it though? Would it be so hard to get rid of him if he doesn't play well? And even if we don't, he's making only a million bucks (relatively speaking of course)

I'm actually not really a fan of his, but he proved himself in the preseason. I think he was leading scorer

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 12:32 PM
King of cool
The winning hat

Welcome aboard Feds!

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 12:33 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Let's ignore the fact taht MZA and Weise showed they weren't ready yet and that Sauer and Stepan are on the opening roster...joining younger players: Anisimov, Callahan, Dubinsky, Boyle, Kennedy, Staal, Del Zotto. And then a handful of other guys are only 26 or 27 in Girardi, Gilroy, Eminger, Prust, and Christensen.

Sometimes I wonder if people realize the youth radical youth movement they're calling for is basically the Wolf Pack + Gaborik, Frolov, Dubinsky, Callahan, Anisimov, Staal, Del Zotto and Lundqvist

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post

Ruslan Fedotenko is not enigmatic. You can trust me on this, because I've been watching him for years. Last year he showed some signs of being an enigma, but before that, no. He's an active worker, and when it comes to important games he kicks it into high gear and works as hard as possibly can. I'll guarantee this right now, by the end of the year you'll all be hoping he gets resigned.

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 12:45 PM
The Perfect Paradox

vCash: 50
Really was never a fan of this guy. If he keeps up his high level of work ethic and continues to crash the net, I have no problem with this signing.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 12:46 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Really? Eminger is going to sit on the bench most of the season and Tank had a great preseason. Its not an issue of how old he is after that performance - its an issue of a coaching staff staying true to their word and putting those who performed the best on the team. MZA and Weise had every opportunity to outplay him and they didn't. The defensemen are totally irrelevant.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
if he keeps the preseason form during the season then it is a steal.
He has always been a clutch player in the playoffs.
So I am very happy having a guy who won 2 cups in the line up.

Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 12:50 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Two thoughts...

1)VP insurance.

2) there will always be that UFA who can't find a job, now they're going to come to the rangers because they give people a real shot every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panfork View Post
Ruslan Fedotenko is not enigmatic. You can trust me on this, because I've been watching him for years. Last year he showed some signs of being an enigma, but before that, no. He's an active worker, and when it comes to important games he kicks it into high gear and works as hard as possibly can. I'll guarantee this right now, by the end of the year you'll all be hoping he gets resigned.
Wow, we were totally having the same conversations about VP a year ago...lol

Feds and AA looked good together IMO. The signing is good to me just to help mentor and develop the youngster.

Last edited by vipernsx: 10-04-2010 at 12:58 PM.
vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Ugh, I hope he doesn't sputter out like he did last year. He was god-awful in Pittsburgh last year.

Still, $1MM to bolster the 3rd line when we're already filled with bottom-six players? Makes little sense to me. Rather see Kennedy in that role.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 12:57 PM
pwoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panfork View Post
So what explains last year, considering elite talent on a Pens' team around him... cup hangover?

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote