HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Backlund, Laliberte among seven sent to the Phantoms (Oct. 4)

Old
10-04-2010, 12:48 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Sorry, double post.
$843,333

I don't know how Grabner was waiver eligible. He's still on his ELC. I thought everyone on their ELC was exempt.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 12:49 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Oh man, c'mon I did like Laliberte, but I guess this might give him another shot on another NHL team. Good luck man!
Laliberte will clear waivers. At least he should.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 12:51 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Unless someone is in love with Laliberte, he won't be claimed. He's not exactly a young prospect.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 12:56 PM
StandingCow

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoneyflyguy View Post
So "Bob The Backup?"
I hope not, at least not too long. Wouldn't think it is great for a goalie to just back up.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Don't really care whether Laliberte gets claimed. Really hoping Backlund doesn't though.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 01:04 PM
IrishSniper87

I hope Laliberte and Backlund get claimed so we can claim Grabner. I'm sure we are near the 50 contract limit anyway.

However, I expect Grabner to get picked up elsewhere and our shlubs to get thru waivers.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I hope Laliberte and Backlund get claimed so we can claim Grabner. I'm sure we are near the 50 contract limit anyway.

However, I expect Grabner to get picked up elsewhere and our shlubs to get thru waivers.
Out of curiosity, is the only reason why you think Backlund is worthless because he's 29 (oh, the horror) and because you want to make room for all of our ****** goalie prospects in NA like Stewart?

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 01:14 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Unless I'm wrong I think I heard on NHL Live, Nashville might go for Grabner.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 01:20 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Out of curiosity, is the only reason why you think Backlund is worthless because he's 29 (oh, the horror) and because you want to make room for all of our ****** goalie prospects in NA like Stewart?
Thats a freaking awesome reason actually if you think about it. What is the reason you want to keep him exactly?

What exactly is the point of carrying a 29 year old goalie on your AHL roster (and starting him no less) when you have a glut of goalie prospects who could benefit from AHL starts?

It's not like Backlund is "ready" either. No one here has confidence in him to backup in the NHL, so really, I see no point at all in keeping him. He can't be trusted to backup in the NHL, and he cant be considered a prospect. So therefore he is wasted roster space. It would benefit us to clear his contract off our 50-man limit anyway and give Bob the AHL starting job.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

Maybe I'm missing something, but it looks like capgeek has the Flyers at 47 contracts, with Backlund and Laliberte.

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=24

Murphy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Rick Deckard

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Thats a freaking awesome reason actually if you think about it. What is the reason you want to keep him exactly?

What exactly is the point of carrying a 29 year old goalie on your AHL roster (and starting him no less) when you have a glut of goalie prospects who could benefit from AHL starts?

It's not like Backlund is "ready" either. No one here has confidence in him to backup in the NHL, so really, I see no point at all in keeping him. He can't be trusted to backup in the NHL, and he cant be considered a prospect. So therefore he is wasted roster space. It would benefit us to clear his contract off our 50-man limit anyway and give Bob the AHL starting job.
Who they are? There are two other Goalies in the AHL, Riopel and Stewart, no one else.

Rick Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 01:38 PM
ilovetheflyers8

What's with this throwing Backlund under the bus stuff? He hadn't played since before last night in a long time. Apparently almost everyone in front of him didn't play particularly well either. It's not like he's been playing in North America forever and he's now 29, this will be his second season in North America.

edit 2: Couldn't we just have sent Laliberte down instead of waiving him?

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 01:43 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Didnt see this anywhere but:

Quote:
CSNPhilly's Tim Panaccio reporting forwards Testwuide, Laliberte, Kalinski, & Holmstrom, and defensemen Bourdon & Gustafsson assigned to ADR
So that means Nodl made the team. Either him or Carcillo will be the extras. You know, I always hated on Nodl BUT I think I'd be fine with him on a line with Giroux and Zherdev. Let Carcillo be the extra.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 01:47 PM
flyfan795

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy7 View Post
Maybe I'm missing something, but it looks like capgeek has the Flyers at 47 contracts, with Backlund and Laliberte.

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=24
They are actually at 46 contracts, Hostetter was sent back to juniors so his contract will not count against the 50 contract limit this season.

flyfan795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 01:49 PM
flyfan795

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Didnt see this anywhere but:

So that means Nodl made the team. Either him or Carcillo will be the extras. You know, I always hated on Nodl BUT I think I'd be fine with him on a line with Giroux and Zherdev. Let Carcillo be the extra.
Carcillo brings much more to this team then Nodl will ever. No way should Carcillo sit the in the stands before Nodl.

flyfan795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 01:51 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfan795 View Post
Carcillo brings much more to this team then Nodl will ever. No way should Carcillo sit the in the stands before Nodl.
Carcillo hasnt done anything all preseason. Plus Nodl has been playing on higher lines all preseason long. It doesnt matter anyway since Carcillo will be suspended within the first few games. Nodl has as good or better board work then Carcillo (which Carcillo fans say is his strong suit while playing on the top lines). He plays the pk which Carcillo wont even sniff. Only thing Carcillo brings is agitation. Both cant shoot.

Old
10-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Carcillo hasnt done anything all preseason. Plus Nodl has been playing on higher lines all preseason long. It doesnt matter anyway since Carcillo will be suspended within the first few games. Nodl has as good or better board work then Carcillo (which Carcillo fans say is his strong suit while playing on the top lines). He plays the pk which Carcillo wont even sniff. Only thing Carcillo brings is agitation. Both cant shoot.
Watch Carcillo getting under control and start playing like he did last season.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Flyskippy

Woot! New fan battle. (Street Fighter voice) Carcillo v. Nodl, fight!

Flyskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 01:57 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Watch Carcillo getting under control and start playing like he did last season.
Well the real question is. Do you play the player who has played better this preseason or risk that Carcillo "hopefully" cant get it under control? I gotta say, Carcillo is more work then what he brings. Just to get DECENT play out of him, he needs to be leashed and neutered. Not even worth it.

Old
10-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Well the real question is. Do you play the player who has played better this preseason or risk that Carcillo "hopefully" cant get it under control? I gotta say, Carcillo is more work then what he brings. Just to get DECENT play out of him, he needs to be leashed and neutered. Not even worth it.
Nodl played better in preseason? I did not even notice he played. What/where did he contribute?

Old
10-04-2010, 02:04 PM
Flyskippy

Quote:
He may be so geared to go due to his two offseason surgeries that it's tough for him to get himself under control. I have faith in Lava to set him (and the rest of this roster) straight.

Flyskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 02:06 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Nodl played better in preseason? I did not even notice he played. What/where did he contribute?
I noticed him more then Carcillo. He has a terrible shot and hands (well they both do), but he is ussually involved on the pk and forechecking while being able to keep up with his teammates skating wise. I think defensively he would help Giroux and Zherdev more then Carcillo could.

Also this isnt some Nodl love. I dont even like Nodl. This is more of me choosing the lesser of 2 evils. We might get a few less powerplays, but we will be alittle better defensively (plus resting our main guys so they dont have to play on the pk as much). 2+ minutes of Nodl on the pk will be better then 0 minutes of Carcillo on the pk.

Old
10-04-2010, 02:07 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyskippy View Post
Woot! New fan battle. (Street Fighter voice) Carcillo v. Nodl, fight!
We might argue about that on these boards but the fans in the arena are going to be about 90% Carcillo.

If you put Nodl with Giroux and Zherdev you will simply end up with Nodl being turned into a verb in much the same way as Knuble was.

"Well, ****, Giroux had another sweet pass Nodl'd."

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
I noticed him more then Carcillo. He has a terrible shot and hands (well they both do), but he is ussually involved on the pk and forechecking while being able to keep up with his teammates skating wise. I think defensively he would help Giroux and Zherdev more then Carcillo could.

Also this isnt some Nodl love. I dont even like Nodl. This is more of me choosing the lesser of 2 evils. We might get a few less powerplays, but we will be alittle better defensively (plus resting our main guys so they dont have to play on the pk as much). 2+ minutes of Nodl on the pk will be better then 0 minutes of Carcillo on the pk.
This isn't Carcillo love but Nodl ****ed up each and every scoring opporunity.

Did he even score a point?

Old
10-04-2010, 02:13 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
This isn't Carcillo love but Nodl ****ed up each and every scoring opporunity.
Atleast Nodl has been able to stay in every game...during preseason lol.

Carcillo just 2 game misconducts.... during preseason... it isnt even the season yet and he needs 1 more game misconduct before he is suspended YET again. The dude gets suspended more then any other guy I know. Yea, maybe the refs hate him, but it doesnt mater since they control the game. Them hating him hurts us.

Quote:
Did he even score a point?
Dont know. But I think I'll take a guy who has 0 points but has been able to stay in the game, over a guy who has 1 point and 2 game misconducts.