HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fedotenko Signs (1yr / $1MM)

Old
10-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

vCash: 500
with prospal possibly out for the year this just makes the feds signing look even better

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 06:13 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTtoZ View Post
Ya I believe he played on the 3rd line with Jordan staal.
What a horribleeeeeeeeeeeeee linemate.

My gosh, poor Feds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface Avery View Post
Feds wasn't playing with Sid and Malkin last year.....just because they were on the same team doesnt mean they play together....

Thats like someone coming to our team and saying hey, why did boyle only put up 20 points last year when he was playing with gaborik.....
No ****. He also didn't have to worry about facing any top defenders, seeing as they were dealing Sid and Malkin on the top two lines.

Quote:
Yea but now all youre doing is talking about points...what about the other things? What about knowing what position to be in? What about knowing when to take a chance and when to not? What about turning the puck over from rookie mistakes?? What about taking a bad penalty? What about team play? Theres a lot of things that Feds can do that you cant just say "Oh yea that Rookie will do that!". Sure a lot of guys in our youth group can make up the 20-30 points but Feds has another upside as well...his experience. And who knows if he goes out and has a better season. He looked downright GREAT 2 years ago, espeically during the Cup playoffs...but was awful last year, expect a bounceback from what he showed us this season. We CANNOT just turn around and throw rookies out there...There is a team like that around here I think. Oh yea the Wolf pack!
Because Fedotenko doesn't do any of those things?

Noo I've never seen Ruslan turn the puck over before. Or take a bad penalty.

I've never ever heard of a rookie who knows how to be a part of a team. You're right.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 06:15 PM
SRTtoZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post

My gosh, poor Feds.

No ****. He also didn't have to worry about facing any top defenders, seeing as they were dealing Sid and Malkin on the top two lines.

Because Fedotenko doesn't do any of those things?

Noo I've never seen Ruslan turn the puck over before. Or take a bad penalty.

I've never ever heard of a rookie who knows how to be a part of a team. You're right.
Listen, theres a reason youre not running this club. He is just insurance and he beat out the guys in Preseason! Its that simple...if he does STINK it up during the season, we can just get rid of him and move on. Its WORTH the risk though since its such a small risk. If he DOES turn out good, then everyone on this board will be screaming to resign him. Just accept it.

SRTtoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 06:18 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:

My gosh, poor Feds.

No need for your hostility....people can disagree with you respectfully dude.....calm down

and yea he didn't face top defenders....and he wont be this year either? and honestly has probably rarely ever in his career

Feds has never been counted on to be an elite player.

Old
10-04-2010, 06:23 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Listen, theres a reason youre not running this club. He is just insurance and he beat out the guys in Preseason! Its that simple...if he does STINK it up during the season, we can just get rid of him and move on. Its WORTH the risk though since its such a small risk. If he DOES turn out good, then everyone on this board will be screaming to resign him. Just accept it.
And there's a reason Glen Sather is?

Insurance is Steve Eminger. Fedotenko was not signed to be insurance. He is expected to produce.

I never said it wasn't worth the risk. My question is what is the reward? 30 points?

What exactly is "turning out good"? I doubt the intelligent posters will be clamoring to re-sign him after this year. It would make no sense with the current state of the franchise.

I've accepted it. I just don't see the point.

Quote:
No need for your hostility....people can disagree with you respectfully dude.....calm down

and yea he didn't face top defenders....and he wont be this year either? and honestly has probably rarely ever in his career

Feds has never been counted on to be an elite player.

Can you explain what the point of him being here is? And how it makes our organization better in the long run?

Old
10-04-2010, 06:25 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

FEDAHHHHHHHTENKOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Can you explain what the point of him being here is? And how it makes our organization better in the long run?

You remain hostile which is real nice.

and to answer your question....he doesn't make this team better in the long run....that is why he was only signed for one season as a stop-gap until our younger guys are ready

MZA is not ready, grachev is not ready...explain to me who elses spot he stole

Hes a good third liner and a veteran presence, something that this team lacks this season

and believe it or not.....glen sather has much more experience than you do....give the guy credit for sticking to his word this season and staying the course

He may have sucked in the past but he did nothing this off-season to dissapoint anyone.....in fact, dare i say, he did a good job

Feds is signed at a fair price, upside he does for us what prospal did last year....downside he sucks and is scratched and sits in the press box, traded or thrown on waivers....

Old
10-04-2010, 06:42 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
You remain hostile which is real nice.

and to answer your question....he doesn't make this team better in the long run....that is why he was only signed for one season as a stop-gap until our younger guys are ready

MZA is not ready, grachev is not ready...explain to me who elses spot he stole

Hes a good third liner and a veteran presence, something that this team lacks this season

and believe it or not.....glen sather has much more experience than you do....give the guy credit for sticking to his word this season and staying the course

He may have sucked in the past but he did nothing this off-season to dissapoint anyone.....in fact, dare i say, he did a good job

Feds is signed at a fair price, upside he does for us what prospal did last year....downside he sucks and is scratched and sits in the press box, traded or thrown on waivers....
How am I being hostile? You can't explain it to me so that equates to me being hostile?

MZA wasn't given much of a shot. I think it was fairly obvious they had a pre-determined plan for him, and that's fine. I still didn't see anything that would make me say I'd rather him be in Hartford and have Fedotenko on the team.

This team lacks third liners and veteran presence? Half our team is third liners. I forgot, we have no veterans....Hank, Avery, Rozsival, Biron, Prospal, White, Boogaard, Frolov, Gaborik, etc, etc, etc.

Are you just saying things for the sake of saying them?

If you want to keep cheering on an unnecessary mediocre signing then be my guest.

I've already stated that I'm not concerned about the risk, and I'm openly rooting for him to succeed. I just don't see a point to this.

And no one has said anything yet to convince me that I'm wrong.

Old
10-04-2010, 06:53 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
with prospal possibly out for the year this just makes the feds signing look even better
yep.

Prospal was a pleasant surprise. Too bad it looks like he is done.

Maybe Feds gives us some of the same?

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 07:38 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
yea because players who are hurt dont have to work themselves to get back into the lineup. im not a baseball fan but didnt the mets insert a player who has been hurt and it didnt work for them. start drury on the 4th line and go from there. if it isnt broken dont fix it.
it all depends on how well everyone is playing but lets be realistic, whether we like it or not, we know that drury is going to get a spot in the lineup when healthy. he'll probably miss like 4 games (1 week) and then maybe they send him on a 2 week conditioning stint to hartford since he missed all of preseason. but by the end of october he'll be on the 3rd line either centering or on the wing. i'm not saying thats the move i'd make but its the one i know will happen.

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 07:55 PM
nyr2417

feds- 17 goals 15 assists, stepan- 13 goals 27 assists, avery-15 goals 24 assists. That's my prediction for this years 3rd line

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 08:00 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
How am I being hostile? You can't explain it to me so that equates to me being hostile?

MZA wasn't given much of a shot. I think it was fairly obvious they had a pre-determined plan for him, and that's fine. I still didn't see anything that would make me say I'd rather him be in Hartford and have Fedotenko on the team.

This team lacks third liners and veteran presence? Half our team is third liners. I forgot, we have no veterans....Hank, Avery, Rozsival, Biron, Prospal, White, Boogaard, Frolov, Gaborik, etc, etc, etc.

Are you just saying things for the sake of saying them?

If you want to keep cheering on an unnecessary mediocre signing then be my guest.

I've already stated that I'm not concerned about the risk, and I'm openly rooting for him to succeed. I just don't see a point to this.

And no one has said anything yet to convince me that I'm wrong.
He did explain you just don't get it b/c it would mean acknowledging an opposing opinion could make sense.. Also you were being very very hostile. You even got the * treatment for cursing at someone. I get your point and I disagree with it. So do several others. They already said exactly what I woulda said though about not just throwing rookies in there and letting them develop in the AHL b/c they showed that's where they should be. Quite frankly if he sucks I couldn't care less. He gets replaced by another player or helps us to another dissappointing season on our way to developing youth over the next 2-3 years.

Last edited by nyr2k2: 10-04-2010 at 08:57 PM.
JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 08:57 PM
BobSantos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
one thing that i think has been overlooked here is that the line of avery-stepan-fedotenko looked fantastic during preseason. so instead of looking at it as 'why couldn't <insert kid> get that spot instead'? i'm looking at it as starting the year on a 3rd line between avery and fedotenko, who he showed chemistry with, gives stepan the best situation to succeed and adjust to the nhl game...

that line probably gets broken up when drury returns but for now thats a good spot for dstep to start with
This is a very good point.

I like this signing.

BobSantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 09:11 PM
ruckus*

[QUOTE=deriik2020;28106447]He did explain you just don't get it b/c it would mean acknowledging an opposing opinion could make sense.. Also you were being very very hostile. You even got the * treatment for cursing at someone. I get your point and I disagree with it. So do several others. They already said exactly what I woulda said though about not just throwing rookies in there and letting them develop in the AHL b/c they showed that's where they should be. Quite frankly if he sucks I couldn't care less. He gets replaced by another player or helps us to another dissappointing season on our way to developing youth over the next 2-3 years.[/QUOTE]

So what you're saying is you're a hypocrite? Because if you believed that, then you'd be against this signing.

What happens next year when another veteran is brought in and takes another roster spot?

Old
10-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
You were being hostile and continue to do so...your tone is demeaning. I don't understand why you cant just have a conversation instead of getting so defensive.

Now to answer the above question....you named two goalies...white is going to be dumped for his salary and crappy play (which was nowhere near Feds), Prospal is potentially out the season. And are you seriously calling Boogaard a veteran. He may have played 250 games or so but he is on this team and in the NHL for one reason, to fight. I certainly hope you agree in that this guy is not the one mentoring the kids!

The players on this team this season that will be above 30 are drury, rosi and feds. I'm sorry but in my opinion you need a few guys who have played in the league a few years and have won cups. They are the only two to have done so.

And to answer your last post...who is saying that feds will be out next year and another vet in. No one knows what's going to happen next season. We all would have penciled in cherepanov for this season. MZA needs time to develop and get used to the NA style. Maybe he will be ready mid-season and can come up then.

Now to dead this, were obviously not going to agree and no matter what i say your going to continue to claim it as me spewing nonsense. I have gone as in depth as im willing to with you because you seem to want to argue for the sake of arguing. You have your opinions i have mine. Lets just hope, for the sake of the team, that you are proven wrong this season about feds.

Old
10-04-2010, 10:29 PM
lbrowne

Put me in the camp of being against this try out but being proven wrong.

Everything he has shown in preseason warrants him staying. Here's to hoping he continues on through the regular season with his level of play.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 10:30 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

i love this signing. he is a proven winner and only 31. not a bad move if he can help the team win. and he played for Torts, i mean Torts know how to use him. now if the Rangers can snag Kubina for Rozsival then id be happy

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 11:14 PM
darko

Quote:

He doesnt make us better in the long run but he makes us better this season. Find me a guy who could replace him in the lineup right now. Guys like Grachev and MZA are not ready. If he was taking a place from 1 of those 2 that would be an issue, but he isn't.

Good signing. I like it.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 11:24 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
You've gotta love that some people are still on the MZA hype train so hard that they're going to be bitter about a signing we can easily just forget if it goes sour.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 11:44 PM
17futurecap

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
You've gotta love that some people are still on the MZA hype train so hard that they're going to be bitter about a signing we can easily just forget if it goes sour.
Exactly, if he stinks it up he will be waived. I mean Sather waived Rissmiller after what 2 games on the first year of a 3 year contract which saw him make 1 million a year, 1 year 1 million is nothing for this organization.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 12:45 AM
ohbaby

He might not be the most prolific scorer, but damn he works hard. I think he's a great fit on this team. And playing along side Stepan, his scoring might increase.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 11:40 AM
ruckus*

Quote:
You were being hostile and continue to do so...your tone is demeaning. I don't understand why you cant just have a conversation instead of getting so defensive.

Now to answer the above question....you named two goalies...white is going to be dumped for his salary and crappy play (which was nowhere near Feds), Prospal is potentially out the season. And are you seriously calling Boogaard a veteran. He may have played 250 games or so but he is on this team and in the NHL for one reason, to fight. I certainly hope you agree in that this guy is not the one mentoring the kids!

The players on this team this season that will be above 30 are drury, rosi and feds. I'm sorry but in my opinion you need a few guys who have played in the league a few years and have won cups. They are the only two to have done so.

And to answer your last post...who is saying that feds will be out next year and another vet in. No one knows what's going to happen next season. We all would have penciled in cherepanov for this season. MZA needs time to develop and get used to the NA style. Maybe he will be ready mid-season and can come up then.

Now to dead this, were obviously not going to agree and no matter what i say your going to continue to claim it as me spewing nonsense. I have gone as in depth as im willing to with you because you seem to want to argue for the sake of arguing. You have your opinions i have mine. Lets just hope, for the sake of the team, that you are proven wrong this season about feds.
I asked you a question. If you interpret that as being hostile and demeaning then maybe you should see a psychologist.

Basically what you're saying is that you'll subjectively pick and choose who you think fits your requirement of a veteran. I'm sure no one on the team listens to Hank about anything, right? I'm sure he has absolutely no effect on anyone.

If you want to replace goalies with players I can replace them with Staal and Girardi. Both guys who have been in the league long enough to know how things work.

I am also not saying that Feds will be on the team next year. My point was that if it's okay this year, then will it be okay next year as well?

For the one millionth time in this thread, I don't despise this signing, and will be rooting for him to perform.

But based on his track record, the current state of the organization, and all things considered, it is my PERSONAL OPINION that I would rather have a player who is part of our future playing those minutes in that spot.

30 points is not enough for me to change my opinion on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
He doesnt make us better in the long run but he makes us better this season. Find me a guy who could replace him in the lineup right now. Guys like Grachev and MZA are not ready. If he was taking a place from 1 of those 2 that would be an issue, but he isn't.

Good signing. I like it.
I want to succeed this year, but IMO this isn't a signing that significantly improves the team enough to make it worthwhile.

Grachev and MZA are not ready based on what?

MZA looked pretty good to me. I understand the need to adjust to the N/A style of play, but his offensive talent and skills alone make me prefer that he be adjusting with the big club on the third line instead of someone like Fedotenko.

That's just my opinion.

Everyone rips on Grachev because he got 2 games with a bunch of guys he's never played with and didn't score 5 goals.

I agree he's got a lot to learn, but again, I would rather struggle with players who are part of our future.

If this season we were closer to truly contending, I wouldn't have a problem with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post

I hope you're not referring to me, because if you are you clearly can't read.

Do people really just interpret things the way they like to feel better or something?

How many times do I have to say I want him to succeed and am rooting for him?

Just because I would've done things differently doesn't mean that I'm bitter.

Old
10-05-2010, 11:59 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Nice.

Just keeping the jersey warm for Kreider.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Chazoulay

/cheer

Chazoulay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 04:31 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
#NYRangers Ruslan Fedotenko says sides agreed to $1M salary before tryout began. Only question was whether he would make team or not.
https://twitter.com/AGrossRecord/status/26487926960

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote