HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

East Division Semi-finals: Binghamton (E1) vs Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (E4)

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2005, 02:24 PM
V for Voodoo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Does anybody know where I can catch this on the radio or something?

Old
05-01-2005, 02:45 PM
CRUNK JUICE

Send a message via AIM to CRUNK JUICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo
Does anybody know where I can catch this on the radio or something?
Click here for the Pens feed and here for the Sens feed.

Hilarious avatar, btw. If Arrested Development gets canceled, I'm storming the Fox HQ with a pitchfork and a torch.

Old
05-01-2005, 02:57 PM
bruins4777*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo
Chiodo has always come up big in key moments.
But WB as a whole is a team with a lot of heart and always hard to beat in the playoffs (two big runs in the past three years).

It's not so much about the prediction but rather the way they were put that I found arrogant.
So it's only fair to give them the return.
Whatever happens next, these Baby Sens won't have dominated WB the way some thought they would.
A lot of heart? You cant honestly tell me that after this season at times. I mean they show it now, which is true, but coming into this series i really questioned the heart of this team.

I honestly gave the pens till game 7 to lose if fleury and the team showed up, and till 5 if the team didn't. I don't think the "arrogant" predictions were arrogant in any way shape or form. With the way fleury's played of late, the pens as a whole BARELY sneaking into the playoffs, and such and considering how the sens rode a what? 6 game streak or something scoring at least 4 or 5 goals every game, i don't think the claim was AT ALL arrogant.

I don't think anyone expected chiodo to come in, in the first place. To be quite honest. This was supposed to be "fleury's year". Obviously not true...Hopefully the kid will pick it up somewhere down the line...well more like hopefully from the perspective of the pens fans.

Old
05-01-2005, 03:13 PM
CRUNK JUICE

Send a message via AIM to CRUNK JUICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins4777
A lot of heart? You cant honestly tell me that after this season at times. I mean they show it now, which is true, but coming into this series i really questioned the heart of this team.

I honestly gave the pens till game 7 to lose if fleury and the team showed up, and till 5 if the team didn't. I don't think the "arrogant" predictions were arrogant in any way shape or form. With the way fleury's played of late, the pens as a whole BARELY sneaking into the playoffs, and such and considering how the sens rode a what? 6 game streak or something scoring at least 4 or 5 goals every game, i don't think the claim was AT ALL arrogant.

I don't think anyone expected chiodo to come in, in the first place. To be quite honest. This was supposed to be "fleury's year". Obviously not true...Hopefully the kid will pick it up somewhere down the line...well more like hopefully from the perspective of the pens fans.
I have to agree. WBS lost 7 of 8 games to Bingo this season and Bingo was a full 14 points ahead in the standings. I can't blame anyone who picked a sweep, even if I thought the Pens would at least make a series of it.

Old
05-01-2005, 03:15 PM
Evilo

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins4777

Doesn't matter one bit. History has shown the Baby Pens have tremendous heart in the playoffs (where the fans matter the most BTW).

Old
05-01-2005, 03:23 PM
bruins4777*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo
Doesn't matter one bit. History has shown the Baby Pens have tremendous heart in the playoffs (where the fans matter the most BTW).
What exactly doesn't matter?

I'm sorry, but i just don't buy that whole "history" thing. The minor leagues are so much more different than the NHL. And you are right the fans matter a load, but i still dont' feel that people's feeligns were unjustified.

And as far as heart will carry you, its not like the sens weren't playing with heart as well leading up to the playoffs. You need to play with heart in order to get a demolishing streak like the sens had.

Old
05-01-2005, 03:36 PM
Evilo

Yes but the playoffs are an entire different story.
History repeats itself much more and means more than regular season.

Old
05-01-2005, 06:36 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
And the Pens advance. B-Sens blow it.

Old
05-01-2005, 06:38 PM
clefty
What a nice fella

2-1 in Game Six, Penguins win 4 games to 2. Binghamton lost while leading after two periods for the first time this season. Quite an upset.

Last edited by clefty: 05-01-2005 at 06:43 PM.
Old
05-01-2005, 06:42 PM
littleD

Send a message via MSN to littleD

Sounded like a big game by Chiodo.

Congrats to the Pens.

Old
05-01-2005, 07:34 PM
Jacob

I think all Pens fans predicted that should the Penguins manage to advance past Binghamton they should certainly have lots of confidence going into the second round, likely matching up against a team (Philadelphia) that, unlike Binghamton, didn't completely torch them in the regular season.

Old
05-02-2005, 01:09 AM
IdiotsPickedMyName*

Congrats to the Pens fans, looks like our baby sens follow in the O-Sens model, Oh well theres always next year

BTW What the he-double-hockey-sticks happened to MAF???

Old
05-02-2005, 02:25 AM
katodelder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbth
BTW What the he-double-hockey-sticks happened to MAF???
never been the same since the 2004 world juniors gaffe

Old
05-02-2005, 02:37 AM
Jacob

I blame society.

Last edited by Jacob: 05-02-2005 at 02:43 AM.
Old
05-02-2005, 07:10 AM
Evilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobv2
I blame society.
I blame it on the boogie.

Old
05-02-2005, 07:52 AM
Calorissi

Congrats Pens, good luck from here on in. I'll be routing for you.

Old
05-02-2005, 08:07 AM
SENSible1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calorissi
Congrats Pens, good luck from here on in. I'll be routing for you.
Kudos to the Pens.

I too will be cheering for them from here on out. I liked the tight playoff game your team displayed in the final 4 games of the series. If Chiodo can maintain his solid play, that style can take you a long way.

Good luck.

Old
05-02-2005, 08:36 AM
pelts35.com

So much for my Empire state Calder Cup finals prediction.

Old
05-02-2005, 09:09 AM
Nikk

I think what helped WB to win is that they play their 4 lines. Binghamton plays mostly with their first 2 lines which takes a lot of juice out of them. I heard that the WB 4th line was playing against Binghamton's 2nd line and were doing great.
Even if I do take for WB, both teams played great and Chiodo came out strong and the baby Pens gave everything they had against the baby Sens. It is an upset but you cannot look at the standings when you go into series because its very different in the playoffs and all teams give everything they have to win. Congrats to both teams for their efforts but a special congrats to the Pens for their hard work & heart and I hope you can do the same against Philadelphia. Good luck!

Closed Thread