HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL Discussion including Fantasy Talk, #5

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-04-2010, 12:58 PM
  #351
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
LA barely gave him a look down the stretch and Quick ended up being worn out by the time the playoffs came. There is a reason for that. He isnt that good.

NHLlive just mentioned Nashville put a claim in on him. Probably should wait for confirmation.
Ersberg or Quick?

Anyways, even if Ersberg were decent, it makes no sense to claim him when we already have Leighton, Boucher, Backlund, and Bob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Supposedly NSH put a claim on Ersberg, so that pretty much means he wont be coming here.

I still would like to take a shot at Grabner...doubt he makes it to us and even if he did, doubt Homer takes a shot. Guys that we want to take a shot at, Homer doesnt look their way. Guys we think blow. Homer takes a shot at.
I don't really care whether we grab Grabner. The guy is insanely overrated for someone who hasn't done jack **** to stay on a Vancouver or Florida team.

Garbage Goal is online now  
Old
10-04-2010, 01:03 PM
  #352
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,518
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Ersberg or Quick?

Anyways, even if Ersberg were decent, it makes no sense to claim him when we already have Leighton, Boucher, Backlund, and Bob..
yeah i probably wasnt clear in my previous post. Meant to say Ersberg isnt that good. LA didnt use Ersberg down the stretch when they really needed to give Quick a rest down the stretch. Quick had never played anywhere near 70 games(or whatever it was) and by the time the playoffs got around it showed. Im glad someone claimed Ersberg if the report is true, I want to see if Zatkoff can handle the #1 chores in Manchester.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
10-04-2010, 01:07 PM
  #353
CanadianFlyer88
Moderator
Knublin' PPs
 
CanadianFlyer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Van City
Posts: 14,084
vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I don't really care whether we grab Grabner. The guy is insanely overrated for someone who hasn't done jack **** to stay on a Vancouver or Florida team.
Grabner reminds me a lot of Mason Raymond when he was trying to crack the big club. Good speed and good hands but unable to consistently read to the speed of everything around him at the NHL level.

Florida never really gave Grabner a good look, since all they saw of him was at training camp.

He'll find his way on to an NHL club eventually.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline  
Old
10-04-2010, 04:04 PM
  #354
CanadianFlyer88
Moderator
Knublin' PPs
 
CanadianFlyer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Van City
Posts: 14,084
vCash: 955
After an impressive training camp with Vancouver, Brendan Morrison (who was let go from his PTO contract with the Canucks) has signed with rival Calgary.

Good pick up for the Flames, who will be without Langkow and Stajan for a while.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline  
Old
10-04-2010, 05:24 PM
  #355
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 110,571
vCash: 5888
That will grind the gears of Canucks fans a bit. They weren't happy when Bertuzzi went to Calgary.

GKJ is offline  
Old
10-04-2010, 06:39 PM
  #356
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Grabner reminds me a lot of Mason Raymond when he was trying to crack the big club. Good speed and good hands but unable to consistently read to the speed of everything around him at the NHL level.

Florida never really gave Grabner a good look, since all they saw of him was at training camp.

He'll find his way on to an NHL club eventually.
I still think the Flyers should try to get him.

SolidSnakeUS is online now  
Old
10-04-2010, 07:03 PM
  #357
mtxed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 743
vCash: 500
When are they gonna place Leighton on IR? Gezzz

mtxed is offline  
Old
10-04-2010, 07:22 PM
  #358
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,196
vCash: 500
Vaclav Prospal, the Rags second highest scorer last year, may be done with his career due to knee issues. For more just check out this topic (if you want more info on the career-ending part then just skip to the end of the topic)

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...8#post28106628

What I find funny is how not-so-bright half that Rags board is. Half the people in that topic are trying to rationalize how losing Prospal isn't a big deal.

Garbage Goal is online now  
Old
10-04-2010, 07:50 PM
  #359
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Vaclav Prospal, the Rags second highest scorer last year, may be done with his career due to knee issues. For more just check out this topic (if you want more info on the career-ending part then just skip to the end of the topic)

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...8#post28106628

What I find funny is how not-so-bright half that Rags board is. Half the people in that topic are trying to rationalize how losing Prospal isn't a big deal.
If Prospal was forced to sign a long series of one-year deals then he'd have 6 Cups and 1500+ points.

Valhoun* is offline  
Old
10-04-2010, 09:27 PM
  #360
ilovetheflyers8
Registered User
 
ilovetheflyers8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: D.C.
Country: French Guiana Independentist
Posts: 4,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtxed View Post
When are they gonna place Leighton on IR? Gezzz
I think you might have to wait till the season started to do that? But, I may be wrong.

ilovetheflyers8 is offline  
Old
10-04-2010, 09:36 PM
  #361
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
I think you might have to wait till the season started to do that? But, I may be wrong.
That is true. If we were to, for example, sign Guerin the team may well have had to wait until the season began and cap space was cleared by LTIR.

Valhoun* is offline  
Old
10-04-2010, 09:53 PM
  #362
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 110,571
vCash: 5888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
That is true. If we were to, for example, sign Guerin the team may well have had to wait until the season began and cap space was cleared by LTIR.
They didn't have to release him from the tryout. Guerin could have left the tryout, but it's a formality about Lappy hitting LTIR, so they could have had it done if they wanted to.

GKJ is offline  
Old
10-05-2010, 07:46 AM
  #363
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Whats going with Vancouver and Devils as well as Flames? Aren't they over the cap. Any news?

Hopefully, Devils trade Zubrus.

Kaktus* is offline  
Old
10-05-2010, 08:30 AM
  #364
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,488
vCash: 500
Prospal's career could be over.

Alchemy is offline  
Old
10-05-2010, 09:26 AM
  #365
Rick Deckard
Registered User
 
Rick Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Whats going with Vancouver and Devils as well as Flames? Aren't they over the cap. Any news?

Hopefully, Devils trade Zubrus.
For Vancouver Salo and Burrows will hit LTIR, and they are under. The Devils still have to do something, but they have time until Thursday. I have no clue about the Flames.

Rick Deckard is offline  
Old
10-05-2010, 09:26 AM
  #366
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Whats going with Vancouver and Devils as well as Flames? Aren't they over the cap. Any news?

Hopefully, Devils trade Zubrus.
I know Vancover is putting Salo on LTIR for now.

Calgary is trying to move Staios I think.

NJD will probably have to move one of Rolston, Zubrus or Langenbrunner or Salvardor

HoverCarle* is offline  
Old
10-05-2010, 09:28 AM
  #367
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
The ESPN previews are comical with the factual errors and typos... worth the read/watch just for the hathos.

Barry Melrose discussing giving up Gagne (paraphrase): ... tough to give up a guy like Gagne for a team that struggles to score goals as is.

Jester is offline  
Old
10-05-2010, 09:29 AM
  #368
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Deckard View Post
For Vancouver Salo and Burrows will hit LTIR, and they are under. The Devils still have to do something, but they have time until Thursday. I have no clue about the Flames.
Rosters have to be finalized tomorrow, no?

Jester is offline  
Old
10-05-2010, 09:31 AM
  #369
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
The ESPN previews are comical with the factual errors and typos... worth the read/watch just for the hathos.

Barry Melrose discussing giving up Gagne (paraphrase): ... tough to give up a guy like Gagne for a team that struggles to score goals as is.
He watched the team for 5 weeks last season, apparently.

Valhoun* is offline  
Old
10-05-2010, 09:33 AM
  #370
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
He watched the team for 5 weeks last season, apparently.
Well, what's amazing is that the Flyers have had one of the top PPs and been in the upper third for scoring for three consecutive years... and Barry Melrose was a COACH last year (or was that the year before? it all blurs together).

I mean, my God.

Jester is offline  
Old
10-05-2010, 09:52 AM
  #371
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 110,571
vCash: 5888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Well, what's amazing is that the Flyers have had one of the top PPs and been in the upper third for scoring for three consecutive years... and Barry Melrose was a COACH last year (or was that the year before? it all blurs together).

I mean, my God.
It was two years ago, because he said Stamkos wasn't ready for the NHL.

GKJ is offline  
Old
10-05-2010, 09:56 AM
  #372
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!
 
DeadPhish5858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: the Shade
Country: United States
Posts: 13,476
vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Why do people even bring up Barry Melrose. Everyone knows he is a joke.

DeadPhish5858 is offline  
Old
10-05-2010, 09:59 AM
  #373
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
Why do people even bring up Barry Melrose. Everyone knows he is a joke.
Whether he's a joke or not, he's informing opinion of the masses via ESPN. What I find befuddling is the complete lack of preparation that clearly goes into his work. This is hockey's biggest problem, the gross ignorance of the people paid to cover the sport. If you had someone making the errors that are routine with hockey scribes and pundits with regard to the NFL or MLB they would get absolutely *ing torched by fans, and the network would be forced to do something about them.

Jester is offline  
Old
10-05-2010, 10:04 AM
  #374
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 110,571
vCash: 5888
Remember when he said we traded for Sean Burke so he'd be our starting goaltender in the 2004 playoffs?

GKJ is offline  
Old
10-05-2010, 10:19 AM
  #375
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Remember when he said we traded for Sean Burke so he'd be our starting goaltender in the 2004 playoffs?
In fairness, the vast majority of the world was kind of shocked that didn't work out that way.

Jester is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.