HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What is the waiver pickup order as far as teams with first dibs to last?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-05-2010, 03:40 PM
  #1
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,502
vCash: 500
What is the waiver pickup order as far as teams with first dibs to last?

is it kind of like the draft order where it's worst team first, best team last?

I've never really had this clarified.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 03:41 PM
  #2
Hawksfan2828
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Libertyville, IL
Posts: 8,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbit3119 View Post
is it kind of like the draft order where it's worst team first, best team last?

I've never really had this clarified.
Yes, I believe you have it right.

Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 03:44 PM
  #3
hatterson
Global Moderator
 
hatterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North Tonawanda, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,803
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to hatterson
Reverse order of standings last year.

Ties are broken the same way.

hatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 03:44 PM
  #4
SLAPSHOT723
Moderator
Johnny Rockets
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 17,102
vCash: 500
What happens when a team claims a player off waiver? Do they go to the bottom of the waiver wire?

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 03:45 PM
  #5
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,711
vCash: 500
What teams have claimed players? I think they fall to the back of the order once they claim a player off waivers. The Islanders and Lightning are the teams that come to mind that have claimed players already that would have top 10 priority in waivers

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 03:50 PM
  #6
Brodeur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 12,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot723 View Post
What happens when a team claims a player off waiver? Do they go to the bottom of the waiver wire?
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
What teams have claimed players? I think they fall to the back of the order once they claim a player off waivers. The Islanders and Lightning are the teams that come to mind that have claimed players already that would have top 10 priority in waivers
Previous waiver claims don't drop a team in priority like they would in say a Yahoo fantasy league. The Islanders remain 5th in priority even after claiming Grabner.

Until November 1st, waiver priority is determined by last year's standings. After that, it's based on the current standings in terms of winning percentage. As I understand it, a team with 10 points from 12 games (.417) would have a higher priority than a team with 9 points from 10 games (.450).

Brodeur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 04:09 PM
  #7
SLAPSHOT723
Moderator
Johnny Rockets
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 17,102
vCash: 500
So if the Islanders wanted to pick up Parent they could still pick him up in the 5th spot?

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 04:16 PM
  #8
Brodeur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 12,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot723 View Post
So if the Islanders wanted to pick up Parent they could still pick him up in the 5th spot?
I believe so, quickly re-read the waiver section of the CBA and I didn't see any clauses specifying a team dropping in waiver priority after a successful claim.

Brodeur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 04:29 PM
  #9
Slick Rick 61
Registered User
 
Slick Rick 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Previous waiver claims don't drop a team in priority like they would in say a Yahoo fantasy league. The Islanders remain 5th in priority even after claiming Grabner.

Until November 1st, waiver priority is determined by last year's standings. After that, it's based on the current standings in terms of winning percentage. As I understand it, a team with 10 points from 12 games (.417) would have a higher priority than a team with 9 points from 10 games (.450).
This is correct. Yes, slapshot, Islanders have the #5 claim until November 1st.

Slick Rick 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 04:55 PM
  #10
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr
 
Stjonnypopo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mount Doom
Posts: 10,797
vCash: 500
Are these standings based off of points or playoff rankings?

ie. Would Montreal be in 19th place or 4th place?

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 05:46 PM
  #11
Brownies
Registered User
 
Brownies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Writing an Haiku or watching an habs game
Posts: 2,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
Are these standings based off of points or playoff rankings?

ie. Would Montreal be in 19th place or 4th place?
I came to ask the same question. Is it the same order as the regular draft ?

Brownies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 05:51 PM
  #12
Seachd
Registered User
 
Seachd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Fail
Posts: 13,676
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownies View Post
I came to ask the same question. Is it the same order as the regular draft ?
No, standings.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 05:52 PM
  #13
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
Are these standings based off of points or playoff rankings?

ie. Would Montreal be in 19th place or 4th place?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownies View Post
I came to ask the same question. Is it the same order as the regular draft ?
I'm 99% sure it is based off of the regular season standings, not the playoff results.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.