HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Radulov signs 2 year extension with Ufa

Closed Thread

Old
09-15-2010, 04:03 PM
HVR

vCash: 500
nashville imo could really do some damage if radulov returns and everytime i hear poile discuss this i get the feeling that he really wants him to return.

if you look around the league guys like radulov do not grow on trees and i for one would love to see what nashville could do with him in the lineup! he could have made the difference in the chicago series.most say you dont want to waste a year on him this year but how big is the window to win? i say if he could come back and if the situation was right ie injuries then why wouldnt you go for it?

Old
09-15-2010, 05:44 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Nashville isn't exactly one piece of the puzzle away from being a serious Cup contender. We'll compete for the play offs, and with the depth we now have might be able to actually make more noise. If, however, we were that one piece away then I'd say it would be worth it this year. Since we aren't I think patience is key. We'll benefit more by waiting until 2011-2012 to bring him back in.

Old
09-15-2010, 08:36 PM
HVR

how does anyone know going into a playoff series if theyre 1 piece away or 2 pieces away? tell any player before they go into the playoffs that they cant win this year cause they are missing a few pieces makes no sense. has any stanley cup winner won the cup missing pieces ? some would argue montreal was missing several pieces last year.

if you can add a guy like radulov for the playoffs especially if your squad is banged up than i think you do 100%

every team going into the playoffs thinks they can win not one person at this level says ah we are missing a few pieces so next year will be the year.

Old
09-20-2010, 02:46 PM
Kshahdoo

Radulov has 9 pts after 4 games (1 goal + 8 assists) and is a KHL's score leader again...

Old
09-20-2010, 03:04 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
Radulov has 9 pts after 4 games (1 goal + 8 assists) and is a KHL's score leader again...
I noticed that last night as well....He needs to come back to the NHL and play for us where there is competition for him. I expect him to get MVP again this year because he will be and the KHL wants him to stay.

Old
09-22-2010, 10:29 AM
HVR

exactly another reason to get him here playing asap!

we dont want him sitting idle in russia all spring and summer

Old
09-26-2010, 05:57 PM
Kshahdoo

Another 2+0 match. And 3+10 points after 7 games...

Old
09-27-2010, 04:38 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
Another 2+0 match. And 3+10 points after 7 games...
Wow, hopefully he realizes that he is too good for this league and will come back to better competition...

Old
10-04-2010, 12:17 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Either Radulov is becoming a playmaker or they are putting in a lot of his shots from rebounds. 9gp 3g 14a 17pts. Then again it is the KHL

Old
10-04-2010, 02:10 AM
fielding

His hot start has me worried. They are gonna throw a boatload of cash at him if he keeps this up. I feel like the better he does, the less likely he is to come back.

Old
10-04-2010, 10:55 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fielding View Post
His hot start has me worried. They are gonna throw a boatload of cash at him if he keeps this up. I feel like the better he does, the less likely he is to come back.
Relax, the KHL and NHL agree to recognize each other's contracts per NHl's twitter.

Radulov is coming back. http://twitter.com/#!/drosennhl

Old
10-04-2010, 07:10 PM
MrJoshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Relax, the KHL and NHL agree to recognize each other's contracts per NHl's twitter.

Radulov is coming back. http://twitter.com/#!/drosennhl
On NHL.com now: http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=5649236

Old
10-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Kshahdoo

Radulov has 19 pts after 10 games...

Old
10-05-2010, 06:18 PM
Imiss47

So that didn't really shed much light on whether players under NHL contracts playing in the KHL were obligated to return and finish out the terms of their contracts did it? Someone correct me if I'm wrong - please. I hope I am...

Still a huge step in the right direction between these two leagues regardless of what it means in regards to Radulov. But buy could we use his offense.

Old
10-06-2010, 08:07 AM
MrJoshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imiss47 View Post
So that didn't really shed much light on whether players under NHL contracts playing in the KHL were obligated to return and finish out the terms of their contracts did it? Someone correct me if I'm wrong - please. I hope I am...

Still a huge step in the right direction between these two leagues regardless of what it means in regards to Radulov. But buy could we use his offense.
Keep in mind that he's not going to dominate the way here that he does there ... but yeah, it would be nice to have him back.

Also, the agreement is that each side will respect the other's contracts. Radulov will have no KHL contract after this year. He still has an NHL contract. Ergo, signing a new KHL contract would be against the agreement since they'd be signing a player with a valid NHL contract. So assuming this agreement holds water, Radulov should be back with the Preds next season.

What happens after THAT is anybody's guess.

Old
10-08-2010, 10:35 PM
thrillhous

21 points in 11 games.

Old
10-12-2010, 08:44 AM
TatarBashqort

update: 12 games 23 points

oh God makes me feel sick when i realise that he'll leave us next year

he's a great joy to watch his work ethic is unbelievable he's fighting like a lion on the ice so much charisma, so he's absolute favourite of Ufa Arena, Ufa city just loves him

on the other hand i do realise that he has to grow as a player, and i do know that he has to play in NHL and have a run for SC in solid team, so guys you're lucky if he comes next year to play for Nashville

btw thou he's so spectacular you have to give a credit to his line mates Zinoviev(Nilsson) and Thoresen it's the best first line in KHL by far and the most entertaining to watch, and all we need here in Ufa is a win in Gagarin Cup play-offs this year to make Radu's realease less painful and to give a little boost for NHL - like pshycology of the winner, you can laugh and taunt on KHL but play-off here is a great hockey too, and i think Radu wants that damn cup already (from his two last years first year it was Jagr's Avangard and last season in 1/2 that bloody great foe of us Ak Bars with finish Pettri Vehanen who'd been the wall)

good luck this season Nashville cheers from Ufa Arena we have a game in 30 minutes, watching Radu's pre game skating right now)

Old
10-13-2010, 04:04 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

6 secs into game

Old
10-13-2010, 07:15 AM
TJFitz

This kid made a poor choice making his move like he did and lost any respectability that he had. Although, he was/is a kid and when you are young, talented and people are throwing cash at you to come and play in your own country...I am not to sure many of us in his situation would not had done the same thing. Do if feel he made a mistake...yes but, he made a choice and hopefully he fulfills his contact with the KHL and then he returns to the NHL/Predators and finishes out his contract with Nashville. From there I wish him the very best in is inevitable return and hope he ends up with Nashville for many years to come if he is producing.

Old
10-13-2010, 01:20 PM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJFitz View Post
This kid made a poor choice making his move like he did and lost any respectability that he had. Although, he was/is a kid and when you are young, talented and people are throwing cash at you to come and play in your own country...I am not to sure many of us in his situation would not had done the same thing. Do if feel he made a mistake...yes but, he made a choice and hopefully he fulfills his contact with the KHL and then he returns to the NHL/Predators and finishes out his contract with Nashville. From there I wish him the very best in is inevitable return and hope he ends up with Nashville for many years to come if he is producing.
I guess it's better for him to get back to NHL and finish that year. Just for more business choices. Competion between NHL and KHL teams will give him pretty good opportunities...

Old
10-21-2010, 01:55 PM
Generational Talent

28 points in 16 games...
what are the odds of him coming back next year? Does he have to come back because of the agreement between the Nhl and the KHL (have to respect valid contract)?

Old
10-21-2010, 02:30 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generational Talent View Post
28 points in 16 games...
what are the odds of him coming back next year? Does he have to come back because of the agreement between the Nhl and the KHL (have to respect valid contract)?
if you read back through the thread, there were indicators that he wanted\planned to come back next season regardless, but the recent agreement should increase those chances even more.

Old
10-21-2010, 02:35 PM
WalkmanX

I can't wait for him to come back and see him play on a line with Wilson and Marty, but we will see...'

On a side note, me and a buddy of mine are making plans to go and see a regular season game between Ufa and Dinamo Riga witch is going to be held in Riga (closest to us) in February and hopefully get a close look on Rads

Old
10-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Billy The Kid

Rads extends his contract ???

Taken from the KHL board:

According to Sportsdaily.ru Radulov just extended his contract with Salavat Yulaev of Ufa. http://www.sportsdaily.ru/articles/r...alavatom-39907

Old
10-21-2010, 05:28 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

About to post this. This would be protested in The Court of Arbitration in Sport if my sports law knowledge is still up.

http://www.tas-cas.org

Nashville has a case with Radulov having one year left on his rookie contract and then it get's fuzzy with RFA status the year after.

If true, this would be more than a shot across the bow of the recent KHL/NHL agreement.

Closed Thread