HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

GameCenter Live Blackouts?

Old
10-05-2010, 04:45 PM
jangster

vCash: 500
GameCenter Live Blackouts?

If I leave to go on like a vacation or something, and I bring my laptop will my local teams be blacked out still or are the blackouts based on like you're ip address or something?

jangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Probably IP address. You should be able to watch your teams if you are on vacation. Unless the game is on NHL Network or Versus, in which case the game is blacked out no matter where you are.

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 05:11 PM
fatloui

Quote:
Originally Posted by jangster View Post
If I leave to go on like a vacation or something, and I bring my laptop will my local teams be blacked out still or are the blackouts based on like you're ip address or something?
It's based off ip address, not billing address, so you can get your home town teams if your out of town.

fatloui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Lt Screwloose

You can also grab an IP blocker, or create your own proxy server so you can watch your home team in your city too. It works quite well

Lt Screwloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 05:30 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Screwloose View Post
You can also grab an IP blocker, or create your own proxy server so you can watch your home team in your city too. It works quite well
I want THAT! Help?!

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Lt Screwloose

Ok first off, I hope this isnt breaking any site rules. If so, please delete post!

You can find a bunch of them online using google, however most of them cost money. If you have a 2nd computer located in different city (such as a friend/family computer), you can create your own proxy following these instructions: http://lifehacker.com/237227/geek-to...sh-socks-proxy

However, if your like me....cheap.....hotspot shield does the job. Its a free download and it does allow you to watch blackouted gamecenter games in your area. The only real negative part of HS shield is that while its running, an ad will appear on the top of all your web pages. You can close these ads, but they will reappear once you load a new page.

Once you close HS shield though, the ads wont appear anymore.

Good Luck

Lt Screwloose is offline   Reply With Quote