HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Posting Pet Peeves

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-03-2010, 03:26 AM
  #101
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity
 
ChumpyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Country: Sami
Posts: 2,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda Popinski View Post
Jordan TooToo...
Archbishop Desmond Tutu.

My interwebs pet peeves are as follows:

2 words: "epic" and "fail" (especially when fail is used as a noun).

Also, "I should/would/could of....". I know that's how you've pronounced it your whole life, but that pronunciation is just the way should/would/could've sounds. The 've is short for "have". English. It's the language you speak. It's not that hard. Figure it out.

(apologies to our friends from other parts of the world... who probably speak better English than most Americans)


Last edited by ChumpyG: 10-03-2010 at 03:33 AM.
ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 11:58 AM
  #102
Flyskippy
Registered User
 
Flyskippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Audubon, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
When people type "....." instead of "..." since there is only supposed to be 3.
Unless it's at the end of a sentence, where a period follows the periods of ellipsis. Thus, there can be four periods. Like so....

Flyskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 12:16 PM
  #103
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!
 
Yukon Cornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,552
vCash: 50
Spectrum II, CoreStates Center, First Union Center, Wachovia Center, Wells Fargo Center...

Can we collectively agree on a new name (nickname) for the building here on the boards. I refuse to type Wells-Fargo Center again. For an organization that prides, and markets, itself after it's outlaw/outsider image, We sure suck a lot of corporate **** when it comes to the naming rights.

Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 12:33 PM
  #104
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
On the topic of the ,,,, I have seen it on this site. Bothers the **** out of me.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 01:02 PM
  #105
Jaydepps
Registered User
 
Jaydepps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Greenfield, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,393
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jaydepps
I hate when GMs are criticized for what they might have done in a completely hypothetical scenario made up by the poster.

Jaydepps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 01:33 PM
  #106
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philly Area
Posts: 4,910
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydepps View Post
I hate when GMs are criticized for what they might have done in a completely hypothetical scenario made up by the poster.
Or when someone looks back on free agency or a trade 2 other teams made and say "instead of signing player X we could have waited until the offseason and signed player Y for 100k less. What an idiot!". Or " we got this for player x and another team got more for player y a year before and they are similar players. Our GM sucks.". Hindsight is 20/20 and here everyone has some quality hindsight.


On the same thought. I hate when people make quantity for quality trades. Please don't offer your 3 borderline NHL prospects and 2 2nd rounders for Carter, it's not happening. I also hate when people don't even consider team needs when offering a trade. All the Kaberle offers this summer were tiring. Please, we have 8 dmen, we don't want Kaberle for Carter.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 01:54 PM
  #107
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
I hate when people post direct quotes from Paul Holmgren. I believe the rules of the site specifically disallow posting lies and deliberately inflammatory/insane remarks.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 11:41 AM
  #108
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
When certain Flyers fans say Ovechkin sucks for no other reason than him playing for the Caps.
What is your point? He plays for the Cap, HE SUCKS.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 11:50 AM
  #109
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
What is your point? He plays for the Cap, HE SUCKS.
Truth. Last I checked, Crosby sucked because he played for the Pens.

And when he was around, Randy Jones sucked because he played for the Flyers.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 12:34 PM
  #110
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Truth. Last I checked, Crosby sucked because he played for the Pens.

And when he was around, Randy Jones sucked because he played for the Flyers.
Two out of three ain't bad.

Ovy sucks because he plays for the Caps.
Sid sucks because he plays for the Pens.
Jones sucks.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 01:40 PM
  #111
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Crosby sucks because he is a *****. I guess I would take him on our team, however.

Ovi sucks because he plays for the Caps.

Jones just sucks and plays in the NHL, while much more talented players are in the AHL.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 01:41 PM
  #112
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
I hate that Habs, Maple Laughs, and Pens fans are allowed to post on HFBoards.com

For some reason, those 3 fanbases in particular really lower the quality of the site.

Examples include

The sheer ignorance and number of Kaberle threads this past offseason.
The sheer ignorance and number of Price/Halak threads this past offseason.
The sheer ignorance and number of bandwagon Pens fans.

Now, why are people hating on 'memes'? They are a joke. Get over it.

If I want to say "epic fail" when someone fails epically, then I will. If I want to say "noob" when some idiot goes into the OT Flyers HFBoard NHL 11 thread with a post count of 5 and proceeds to tell us how we suck, then I will.

And Kambo, if I want to talk about Apple computers or PC's in the OT thread, where that discussion belongs, I will. Sucks for you if you're not interested. I'm not interested in most of the stuff in the various 36+ OT threads myself, so I skip over it and only respond to stuff I feel like responding too.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 01:45 PM
  #113
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
When all my teachers assign tests all on the same week. Thanks guys, since I have to study for 5 tests I am bound to fail at least one.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 01:47 PM
  #114
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philly Area
Posts: 4,910
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I hate that Habs, Maple Laughs, Pens fans and IrishSniper87 are allowed to post on HFBoards.com

For some reason, those 3 fanbases and IrishSniper87 in particular really lower the quality of the site.

Examples include

The sheer ignorance and number of Kaberle threads this past offseason.
The sheer ignorance and number of Price/Halak threads this past offseason.
The sheer ignorance and number of bandwagon Pens fans.

Now, why are people hating on 'memes'? They are a joke. Get over it.

If I want to say "epic fail" when someone fails epically, then I will. If I want to say "noob" when some idiot goes into the OT Flyers HFBoard NHL 11 thread with a post count of 5 and proceeds to tell us how we suck, then I will.

And Kambo, if I want to talk about Apple computers or PC's in the OT thread, where that discussion belongs, I will. Sucks for you if you're not interested. I'm not interested in most of the stuff in the various 36+ OT threads myself, so I skip over it and only respond to stuff I feel like responding too.
Fixed to suit how everyone else feels.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 01:50 PM
  #115
The Cheat
Habitual Linestepper
 
The Cheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Guilford, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 8,309
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Cheat Send a message via MSN to The Cheat
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Now, why are people hating on 'memes'? They are a joke. Get over it.

The Cheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 05:43 PM
  #116
CTU2fan
Registered User
 
CTU2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
Crosby sucks because he is a *****. I guess I would take him on our team, however.

Ovi sucks because he plays for the Caps.

Jones just sucks and plays in the NHL, while much more talented players are in the AHL.
On that note, I hate when people make blanket assumptions like "you'd love Crosby if he was on your team". No, I wouldn't. I'd root for him because in general I root for laundry, but he's not my type of player. But Ovi? I'd be a total Ovechkin fanboy if he was a Flyer. But Crosby? He's in that Peyton/ARod class of guys that I could never really embrace.

CTU2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 06:22 PM
  #117
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTU2fan View Post
On that note, I hate when people make blanket assumptions like "you'd love Crosby if he was on your team". No, I wouldn't. I'd root for him because in general I root for laundry, but he's not my type of player. But Ovi? I'd be a total Ovechkin fanboy if he was a Flyer. But Crosby? He's in that Peyton/ARod class of guys that I could never really embrace.
I'd root for Crosby because he was on my team.

I'd love Ovechkin here tho, but I like him on the Caps regardless.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 06:41 PM
  #118
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Now, why are people hating on 'memes'? They are a joke. Get over it.
Meme Theory is actually a really advanced concept in philosophy and neuroscience and something that has to be reckoned with and has far reaching consequences towards are attitudes about free will, deep structure grammar, and human nature.

But then the internet turned it into LOLcats and Pedobears.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 08:21 PM
  #119
i am dave
Registered User
 
i am dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st
Country: United States
Posts: 2,182
vCash: 500
People who do the "LET'S GO FLYERS!" chant wrong.

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 08:25 PM
  #120
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philly Area
Posts: 4,910
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by i am dave View Post
People who do the "LET'S GO FLYERS!" chant wrong.
I hate that!


Last edited by Juicy Couturier*: 10-05-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 09:30 PM
  #121
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,839
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
I hate that!

this is how it's done, no?


Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 09:32 PM
  #122
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philly Area
Posts: 4,910
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Actually no, the bird got it wrong.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 09:34 PM
  #123
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,839
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
Actually no, the bird got it wrong.
i dare not question Franklin.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 09:36 PM
  #124
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun
Meme Theory is actually a really advanced concept in philosophy and neuroscience and something that has to be reckoned with and has far reaching consequences towards are attitudes about free will, deep structure grammar, and human nature.
Is your newsletter downloadable?

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 06:58 AM
  #125
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
"Let's go Flyers" chant Nazis.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.