HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Raitis Ivanans vs Steve MacIntyre

Old
10-03-2010, 12:57 AM
hangons

vCash: 500
Raitis Ivanans vs Steve MacIntyre

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/97104

hangons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 03:03 AM
riseandfall9

Funny. He hasn't fought like this for us in YEARS. Actually come to think about I don't think he did that for us EVER except 1 time vs. Parros in his first year. Eh...I hope Westgarth knocks his sox off.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 08:55 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
Funny. He hasn't fought like this for us in YEARS. Actually come to think about I don't think he did that for us EVER except 1 time vs. Parros in his first year. Eh...I hope Westgarth knocks his sox off.
Ivanans problem was that he usually fought to the level of his competition. Looked good against the Super HWs like Boogard, McGrattan, Shelley etc.. but would look like crap against lower tier guys like Boll, Stortini and Brookbank.

Great fight with Mac right here but, still, where is the haymaker KO punch from Ivanans? Still mostly jabs and straight right hands.

Westgarth has laid out more damage in his pre-season fighting career than Ivanans did his entire tenure. Dropped Scott Parker at FF 2 years ago and then broke Koci's jaw this pre-season.

Give me the guy who aims to hurt instead of teh guy who aims not to lose.

BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 09:43 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
Ivanans problem was that he usually fought to the level of his competition. Looked good against the Super HWs like Boogard, McGrattan, Shelley etc.. but would look like crap against lower tier guys like Boll, Stortini and Brookbank.

Great fight with Mac right here but, still, where is the haymaker KO punch from Ivanans? Still mostly jabs and straight right hands.

Westgarth has laid out more damage in his pre-season fighting career than Ivanans did his entire tenure. Dropped Scott Parker at FF 2 years ago and then broke Koci's jaw this pre-season.

I couldn't have said it better.

Not that I want people to get hurt and have their careers messed up. But it says a lot when Westgarth runs by the bench and says you **** with my guys and I am going to break your jaw like Koci`s or something like that.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 09:47 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I (and a few others) have waited two years for Westy to make the team and can't to see how the ice opens up now that he is here. Its been so long since we have had a legitimate heavy weight that there are allot of us who have forgotten how important they are to a teams success.

And Westy can play to boot.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 09:59 PM
Johnny Utah

Ivanans' problem wasn't so much the fighting, it was the lack of the killer instinct he had in the ECHL...He rarely jumped guys or threw gloved punches...he rarely smack talked. Clifford, Westgarth and Nolan have looked ten times meaner and more aggressive in a few pre-seasons games. They instigate, they push, the talk smack.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 10:42 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

You and I both know the difference, they are actual enforcers as opposed to being average players who *can* fight.
We have two serious heavy weight types in our system now and will likely ice at least 1 this season and then have another 1 to 2 middle weights on the team this year. They will bting a sense of protection that has been missing forever as well as a sense of aggression that has also been absent forver.

The bottom line is that we are taking another big steptowards becoming a legitimate contender and I honestly almost cant believe it. If you look at our team now all we need is a seriously legitimate sniper with speed and I would call us as good as anyone and better than most. True contenders.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 10:48 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Ivanans' problem wasn't so much the fighting, it was the lack of the killer instinct he had in the ECHL...He rarely jumped guys or threw gloved punches...he rarely smack talked. Clifford, Westgarth and Nolan have looked ten times meaner and more aggressive in a few pre-seasons games. They instigate, they push, the talk smack.
I belive it may have been Herby who mentioned this in another thread, but the final straw for me was going after David Moss in Calgary after Kopitar got smashed by Phaneuf.

Now, I like going after a non-fighter just like Kopi is not a fighter but HE CAN'T EVEN GO AFTER SOMEONE RIGHT!!! Jesus, he goes and attacks this guy but barely touches him and then gets kicked out of the game so no revenge can be extracted.

He doesnt know how to enforce. That is the big problem. The other issue is that he doesn't punch to kill and, when he does, he usually misses.

Westgarth has much better accuracy. The Klotz mauling is a prime example of his pinpoint accuracy. Sent the kid into convulsions and split him open real good from a punch and not from the guy hitting his head on the ice. You don't see convulsions from a punch in a hockey fight.

As a huge fan of the fights, this is two years too late; however, he is a better player than two years ago so it's all working out.

BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 11:04 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
I belive it may have been Herby who mentioned this in another thread, but the final straw for me was going after David Moss in Calgary after Kopitar got smashed by Phaneuf.

Now, I like going after a non-fighter just like Kopi is not a fighter but HE CAN'T EVEN GO AFTER SOMEONE RIGHT!!! Jesus, he goes and attacks this guy but barely touches him and then gets kicked out of the game so no revenge can be extracted.

He doesnt know how to enforce. That is the big problem. The other issue is that he doesn't punch to kill and, when he does, he usually misses.

Westgarth has much better accuracy. The Klotz mauling is a prime example of his pinpoint accuracy. Sent the kid into convulsions and split him open real good from a punch and not from the guy hitting his head on the ice. You don't see convulsions from a punch in a hockey fight.

As a huge fan of the fights, this is two years too late; however, he is a better player than two years ago so it's all working out.
The last straw for me was getting worked by Pyatt, or getting worked by Konopka. Either way, I'm glad the Ivanans era is over.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 11:04 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Hopefully Westgarth and Ivanans fight on Sunday!

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 11:50 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I'm surprised they kept playing Ivanans after all the untimely and stupid penalties he would take, and they weren't penalties trying to stand up for his team, he would take boneheaded penalties that were completely unnecessary. He was a complete cement head. The last great enforcer to put on a Kings uniform was #32, Stu Grimson. Hopefully Westgarth grows to be one of the best enforcers in Kings history, much like the Grim Reaper or Marty McSorley.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 12:04 AM
Johnny Utah

Stu Grimson was here for only 1 season but he did everything we expected...he stood up for guys, he fought when the team was down, he fought to send a mesage. Grimson was the last great enforcer and Marty McSorley was before him.

Since then we have had Matt Johnson, Steve McKenna, Ryan Flinn, Troy Crowder, Kip Brennan, Raitis Ivanans and George Parros....none of them were able to do what Stu or Marty did.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 12:34 AM
hangons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Stu Grimson was here for only 1 season but he did everything we expected...he stood up for guys, he fought when the team was down, he fought to send a mesage. Grimson was the last great enforcer and Marty McSorley was before him.

Since then we have had Matt Johnson, Steve McKenna, Ryan Flinn, Troy Crowder, Kip Brennan, Raitis Ivanans and George Parros....none of them were able to do what Stu or Marty did.
Actually, Matt Johnson was pretty sick! He didn't lose many fights.

hangons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 02:05 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

The only time Ivanans actually made a statement when he dropped the gloves was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSvu1nB7o7o

Even this preseason Ivanans has taken some boneheaded penalties while playing Calgary.

Everyone makes such a big deal that he doesn't score, ever. Who gives a crap. He's an enforcer. Get over it. But, if you can't enforce when you're an enforcer, you don't deserve to be on the ice.

Malkin is still laughing after cheap shotting Simmonds at the end of the game and all Ivanans did was yap at him.

I was glad to see Ivanans go.

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 11:43 PM
vindogla

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
See below and I agree. Plus I don't think he even fought that well in this video.

Quote:

Danny Maloney. Two hits. You know the rest of the saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I (and a few others) have waited two years for Westy to make the team and can't to see how the ice opens up now that he is here. Its been so long since we have had a legitimate heavy weight that there are allot of us who have forgotten how important they are to a teams success.

And Westy can play to boot.
Aha, someone who also understands the other part of the game. Punching and fighting are great but when you have someone that can skate AND think AND maybe score as well = Bonus.

I've been waiting too. I'm sure Murray said DAMN when Ivy came back and Westy went down.

Quote:

Down boy. Convulsions, heads hitting ice, bad. Not Westies fault necessarily but don't gloat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Hopefully Westgarth and Ivanans fight on Sunday!
+1 that would be frikken cool except Ivy probably won't even play cuz he sucks and Calgary sucks too so they need every useful thing they have IMO on the ice and Ivy is not it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromtears View Post
The only time Ivanans actually made a statement when he dropped the gloves was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSvu1nB7o7o

Even this preseason Ivanans has taken some boneheaded penalties while playing Calgary.

Everyone makes such a big deal that he doesn't score, ever. Who gives a crap. He's an enforcer. Get over it. But, if you can't enforce when you're an enforcer, you don't deserve to be on the ice.

Malkin is still laughing after cheap shotting Simmonds at the end of the game and all Ivanans did was yap at him.

I was glad to see Ivanans go.
See?

vindogla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 01:57 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindogla View Post
See?

Huh!?

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 11:42 PM
redcard

They just went again, and Ivanans got knocked out. TKO.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 11:43 PM
Jebus
That boulder?

Part II Tonight

Ivanans destroyed. Poor Raitis.

Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
They just went again, and Ivanans got knocked out. TKO.
That was brutal. Ivanans got destroyed.

Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
Ivanans destroyed. Poor Raitis.
I've never seen him lose a fight that badly. Wow.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 11:44 PM
Belanger25
ZUES!

I hope he's ok, wow did he just get KO'ed. Poor guy.

Belanger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 11:44 PM
KingNothing4

Man knock out blow, bloodied Rat. Still just givin the little jabs and got caught. Looking fwd to Iv VS West.

KingNothing4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 2
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
That was hard to watch. Ivanans almost got knocked out cold, he was obviously not there mentally when the trainer was assisting him, and then he had to be carried off the ice by his teammates... Pretty disturbing to watch.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 11:45 PM
KingNothing4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
I've never seen him lose a fight that badly. Wow.
That's what I was thinking. Just out cold

Edit: Not quite old cold I see now, but still...

Last edited by KingNothing4: 10-08-2010 at 12:19 AM.
KingNothing4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 11:47 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Thank God this freak is gone from my beloved Kings.............

Serious... every gm who signs player like that belongs to be questioned.
He brings nothing to the game, just slows his team mates down and has no clue
what "enforcing" actually means.

After that knockout i see him done on NHL level.
He was fighting like always.... just pure agression and violence.
He doesn't even try to protect himself.

He a nice time in Europe Raitis and take your younger clowns with you.
I'm pretty sure the crowd will love a Cliche, Clune , Ivanans line

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote