HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Swedish newspaper: Lilja close to signing with Sharks;UPD released

Old
10-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

vCash: 50
http://www.deadstok.com/servlet/the-...i-heart/Detail

Saw these on the facebook page.

Graveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 10:25 PM
Vaasa

vCash: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
He has to go through waivers. That's how we got him IIRC and I am pretty sure I do, but after my last blunder, I'm not guaranteeing anything today
Actually, since Leach went through waivers to go down, he should be able to come up without going through waivers again. His contract at the AHL level does not trip any sort of re-entry waivers that I know of. Leach should then be able to stay at the NHL for something like 30 days or X number of games before he has to go through waivers again to go back to the AHL.

As always, I defer to kdb or LS on this question though.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
Actually, since Leach went through waivers to go down, he should be able to come up without going through waivers again. His contract at the AHL level does not trip any sort of re-entry waivers that I know of. Leach should then be able to stay at the NHL for something like 30 days or X number of games before he has to go through waivers again to go back to the AHL.

As always, I defer to kdb or LS on this question though.
From LS earlier:

And CBA, Article 50.9(g)

Which states in part:
Quote:
The Re-Entry Waiver procedure will not, however, be applicable to Veteran Minor League Players defined as follows: (i) for goaltenders, Players who have: (A) played in 180 or more professional games in North America (NHL, AHL, ECHL), and (B) not spent more than 80 NHL games on the NHL roster over the prior two (2) seasons or more than 40 NHL games on the NHL roster in the immediately prior season; and (ii) for defensemen and forwards, Players who have: (A) played in 320 or more professional games in North America (NHL, AHL, ECHL), and (B) not spent more than not spent more than 80 NHL games on the NHL roster over the prior two (2) seasons or more than 40 NHL games on the NHL roster in the immediately prior season.

So it looks like he is safe if I read that correctly.

"This is not a nick or a scratch, this is an open wound" - Doug Wilson.
Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 12:44 AM
WineShark
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
From LS earlier:

And CBA, Article 50.9(g)

Which states in part:
Quote:
The Re-Entry Waiver procedure will not, however, be applicable to Veteran Minor League Players defined as follows: (i) for goaltenders, Players who have: (A) played in 180 or more professional games in North America (NHL, AHL, ECHL), and (B) not spent more than 80 NHL games on the NHL roster over the prior two (2) seasons or more than 40 NHL games on the NHL roster in the immediately prior season; and (ii) for defensemen and forwards, Players who have: (A) played in 320 or more professional games in North America (NHL, AHL, ECHL), and (B) not spent more than not spent more than 80 NHL games on the NHL roster over the prior two (2) seasons or more than 40 NHL games on the NHL roster in the immediately prior season.

If you read that wrong, you really are an idiot!

10-06-2010, 12:53 AM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineShark View Post
If you read that wrong, you really are an idiot!
One would think But my brain is mush today and when you start having this if that and math, my dyslexia tends to get the better of me.

Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 01:56 AM
triplea112

Quote:
From LS earlier:

And CBA, Article 50.9(g)

Which states in part:
Quote:

also, to be eligible for re-entry waivers, he'd have to make over 105K in the AHL, and not surprisingly Leach and Sullivan are at 105k exactly.

http://capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=797
http://capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=1514

triplea112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 12:28 PM
apple22

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/sharks/...o-600000-deal/

Now a Duck!

apple22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Chaotic8
Boarding Major

vCash: 516
LOL, oh well. Good for Lilja for landing a contract, based on the performance of the Ducks so far, they desperately need the support.

Chaotic8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 01:10 PM
WineShark
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple22 View Post
Hope his agent wasn't trying for more than league minimum with the Sharks screwing his chance to play here, but on the surface it appears that the non-signing was in fact DW deciding he wasn't an upgrade over anyone.

WineShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 01:34 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/sharks/...o-600000-deal/

Pollak's reaction: the fact that Lilja fits in [Anaheim] doesn’t automatically mean the Sharks made a mistake in not signing him.

After all, the Ducks just lost Sutton for a few weeks with broken finger (thumb IIRC).

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote