HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

With Prospal out indefinitely, who gets the 2nd A?

View Poll Results: With Prospal out indefinitely, who gets the 2nd A?
Marian Gaborik 67 55.83%
Michael Rozsival 18 15.00%
Marc Staal 30 25.00%
None of the above/No one 5 4.17%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-06-2010, 08:48 AM
  #51
Miller Time NYR
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Miller Time NYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,007
vCash: 500
Rozsival because of his tenure, i dont think gabby would want it he seams like a quiet lead by example kind of guy.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 10:00 AM
  #52
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue
 
N9Y4R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Gold Coast
Country: United States
Posts: 942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
Rozsival because of his tenure, i dont think gabby would want it he seams like a quiet lead by example kind of guy.
Nothing wrong with leading by example.

N9Y4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 10:09 AM
  #53
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,746
vCash: 500
No Dubinsky option?

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 10:20 AM
  #54
IAMREALITY
Registered User
 
IAMREALITY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
No Dubinsky option?
Dubinsky's there... He's just invisible...


IAMREALITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 10:38 AM
  #55
Miller Time NYR
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Miller Time NYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by N9Y4R View Post
Nothing wrong with leading by example.
Well yea of course not but I don't think he would get anybodys face like rozsival would.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 10:53 AM
  #56
Orr Nightmare
Registered User
 
Orr Nightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,605
vCash: 500
Give it to Rozy...so, the two worst players on our team will lead the team...

Strip Cally of his A, he is too good to be lumped in with Drury and Rozy.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 11:18 AM
  #57
CaptainCallahan*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
I know this is beating a dead horse, but please strip Chris Drury of the Captaincy. This is not because he scores 3 goals a season, it is because the pressure is simply too much for him, and you can see him playing out there with the weight of the world on his shoulders. If we can learn something from the Wade Redden debacle, it is that playing under a contract that you don't deserve, and trying to fulfill those epic expectations are too great a burden. Wade even said he felt like the world was on his shoulders, so every time he was on the ice, he felt he wasn't doing enough and had to do more, and this ultimately effected his play and decision making. It is pretty obvious this is happening to Drury. If he is such a great voice in the locker room, that is fine, you don't need a letter on your jersey to prove anything. Look at Detroit, they have a whole team worthy of wearing a letter but only 3 of them do. Without the C on his jersey, and less expectations and demands from the media, I think Drury will have a bounce back season.

What was truly special about Mark Messier was how often he stated that being the Captain of the New York Rangers was a privilege and an honor. Has Drury ever said that, and if he has, was it in a volume where you don't need a hearing aid to hear it?

The most humble person on this roster, who leaves everything out on the ice shift after shift, is Ryan Callahan. He should be wearing the C because he knows what it takes to be a New York Ranger, and he will wear that letter with honor and courage.

As for who wears the Alternates, I don't believe in the theory that your most skilled player should have one simply because he produces, or your most tenured player should have it because he has been around the longest. You have to earn that letter, and most importantly, you have to want that letter. It doesn't matter how old you are, wearing that letter is a symbol of accountability. You have to wear that letter proudly and know that your teammates have your complete respect, and you have to work that much harder to show them that you have their back and will leave it all out on the ice. Chris Drury may not be the offensive player we hoped we were signing, but the way he throws himself in front of every puck on the penalty kill, sacrificing his body to protect Henrik, really shows a great deal of character, and I think he deserves to have an A on his jersey. I think being the head honcho is too much pressure for him, but he deserves an A. As for the other A, that should go to one of the two rocks we have on defense, either Staal or Girardi. It is important to have a leader on the back end because he needs to hold his corp to the highest standards, and make sure they are looking after Henrik as best as they can.

CaptainCallahan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 11:32 AM
  #58
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,024
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCallahan View Post
I know this is beating a dead horse, but please strip Chris Drury of the Captaincy. This is not because he scores 3 goals a season, it is because the pressure is simply too much for him, and you can see him playing out there with the weight of the world on his shoulders. If we can learn something from the Wade Redden debacle, it is that playing under a contract that you don't deserve, and trying to fulfill those epic expectations are too great a burden. Wade even said he felt like the world was on his shoulders, so every time he was on the ice, he felt he wasn't doing enough and had to do more, and this ultimately effected his play and decision making. It is pretty obvious this is happening to Drury. If he is such a great voice in the locker room, that is fine, you don't need a letter on your jersey to prove anything. Look at Detroit, they have a whole team worthy of wearing a letter but only 3 of them do. Without the C on his jersey, and less expectations and demands from the media, I think Drury will have a bounce back season.
You do realize that Drury had what were his average seasons each year here befoe this past one, right? Unless removing the C from his chest can take three years off his age and his legs, then I'm all for it. The fact is, he's well respected and liked by his teammates and the coaching staff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCallahan View Post
What was truly special about Mark Messier was how often he stated that being the Captain of the New York Rangers was a privilege and an honor. Has Drury ever said that, and if he has, was it in a volume where you don't need a hearing aid to hear it?
That's just a sound bite. What was truly special about Mark Messier was he was an elite player. To compare 99% of the players to him is unfair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCallahan View Post
The most humble person on this roster, who leaves everything out on the ice shift after shift, is Ryan Callahan. He should be wearing the C because he knows what it takes to be a New York Ranger, and he will wear that letter with honor and courage.
I love Ryan Callahan. But who's to say the C on his chest isn't too much for him to handle (your theory with Drury, not mine)?

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 12:08 PM
  #59
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCallahan View Post
The most humble person on this roster, who leaves everything out on the ice shift after shift, is Chris Drury. He should be wearing the C because he knows what it takes to be a New York Ranger, and he will wear that letter with honor and courage.
Tell me this doesn't work.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 12:17 PM
  #60
BOXPLAY
Registered User
 
BOXPLAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 94
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BOXPLAY
Drury is a bum and should have his C stripped

BOXPLAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 01:45 PM
  #61
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,987
vCash: 500
thenyrangers NHL New York Rangers
Torts says that another player will be selected to wear an alternate captain's A in Prospal's absence....

Sounds like that Prospal will be out for a long while.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 02:04 PM
  #62
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now
 
TonyTheGr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Morris County, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,073
vCash: 500
Give the "A" to Dubi. And if Drury is out for any extended period of time, give Cally or Dubi the "C", the other an "A", and then give the 2nd "A" to Gabs. Either way, I think Dubi or Cally should start being groomed as the future Capt. of this team.

And Rosival sucks. I don't care what any of you say. He sucks so bad, the Mets wouldn't want him as a ball boy. And I'm a Mets fan. The only reasons he is still on this team, is because the Rangers didn't want to bury 2 albatross contracts in the minors, and because they need bodies out there..and Rosival, as much as he sucks, isn't as bad as Redden.


Last edited by TonyTheGr8: 10-06-2010 at 02:11 PM.
TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 02:45 PM
  #63
Chazoulay
Registered User
 
Chazoulay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 160
vCash: 500
Vote for Gaborik

Chazoulay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 01:16 PM
  #64
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
Torts said he isn't going to name the A until we get some games in. He wants someone to earn it like Callahan and Prospal did.

I'd watch Stepan to emerge here. However, b/c of seniority w/ the team I assume some other players will be ahead of Step even though he deserves it.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 12:11 AM
  #65
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
Considering how Girardi is playing and how he does have a social game on the ice I think he's a strong candidate for the 2nd "A".

In fact, I'd much rather prefer Girardi over Staal/Rozsy/Gabby etc.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 04:20 AM
  #66
ShutThePuckUp
Custom User Title
 
ShutThePuckUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 163
vCash: 500
Staal or Girardi.

ShutThePuckUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 04:29 AM
  #67
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
I think it should be Avery, actually. Call me crazy, but he's kind of a leader on this team. Prospal was the emotional leader, in a sense. In a different sense, Avery is one, too.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 05:55 PM
  #68
Fataldogg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,986
vCash: 500
Should be Rozsival. Longest tenured Ranger. Has had a decent run with the team DESPITE being extremely under appreciated by the fans. Brings a veteran presence to the extremely young defensive core. Plays solid defense.

I know people on here probably wouldn't give him the "A" because he struggles handling the puck at the blue line on the PP sometimes or because he passes too much OR maybe because he isn't a $5 million defense man. That doesn't change the fact he'd be the next best choice. The alternate captain doesn't have to be a popular choice but the right choice.

After Rozsival I'd probably go with Staal, Dubinsky or Girardi.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 05:57 PM
  #69
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
I think it should be Avery, actually. Call me crazy, but he's kind of a leader on this team. Prospal was the emotional leader, in a sense. In a different sense, Avery is one, too.
I would agree with this. Avery has been vocal in the locker room too, if I'm not mistaken. And who knows, it might keep him focused.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 05:58 PM
  #70
FOXHOUND*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodside, Queens
Country: United States
Posts: 3,507
vCash: 500
Gabs will get it. He leads with his play on the ice and he's a leader on the bench.

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 07:04 PM
  #71
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
NYDNRangers

Marc Staal listed as second #NYR alternate captain alongside Callahan, though Tortorella said earlier he wasn't sure about naming "A" yet.
Staal it is.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.