HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TSN Top 50 Players in NHL for this Year; Decided by 25 Experts

Old
10-06-2010, 01:09 PM
Illinihockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by busmaster View Post
If you're talking point production alone, Toews is not top 3. Thats clear. But I would venture to say that outside of Crosby, Toews has intangibles through the roof like no one at age 22. Add in his two-way play and his scoring and you have a top three guy.

I would also rank Parise slightly above Kaner.
Exactly go look at Toews face off percentage, his takeaways, his giveaways, his time on ice short handed....he kills Backstrom in those categories. Lets take Backstrom off of Ovie's line and lets see how many points he puts up.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 01:14 PM
shibbiness

Franzen? I ought to start watching more wings games, I wouldn't have put him on my top 50 list. Aside from that the players are about right I would say, some of the rankings could be changed however. I have no problem with Toews at Number 3 btw.

I hope Kessel and/or Phaneuf prove this year that they can make next years list.

shibbiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 02:20 PM
Ricelund
We like our team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbiness View Post
Franzen? I ought to start watching more wings games, I wouldn't have put him on my top 50 list. Aside from that the players are about right I would say, some of the rankings could be changed however. I have no problem with Toews at Number 3 btw.

I hope Kessel and/or Phaneuf prove this year that they can make next years list.
You have no problem with Toews at number three but Franzen isn't top 50? Franzen is one of the best goal scorers in the game, is great both ways, and has been easily the most clutch player in the playoffs the past few years. He has 31 goals in his last 51 playoff games. That's 50 goals over a season.

Last edited by Ricelund: 10-06-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Ricelund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 02:42 PM
shibbiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice View Post
You have no problem with Toews at number three but Franzen isn't top 50? Franzen is one of the best goal scorers in the game, is great both ways, and has been easily the most clutch player in the playoffs the past few years. He has 31 goals in his last 51 playoff games. That's 50 goals over a season.
Hence I said, "I ought to watch more wings games". I never said he didn't deserve to be in the top 50. I said I wouldn't have put him in my top 50 had I of made one, since I've never really followed the wings.

Relax bud.

shibbiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 02:46 PM
tha shape

teow's top 20. and there he's maybe 18th. no way that guy's #3, no way no way

tha shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 05:08 PM
DayNah
Ship it donk!

vCash: 561
There's no way Toews is the 3rd best player in the NHL right now. Maybe eventually but not right now. He's easily in the top 20(maybe even #9 or #10) but he's not #3. Hossa should be up a few notches I think too.

DayNah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayNah View Post
There's no way Toews is the 3rd best player in the NHL right now. Maybe eventually but not right now. He's easily in the top 20(maybe even #9 or #10) but he's not #3. Hossa should be up a few notches I think too.
I agree. I love Toews and am naturally more inclined to side with my fellow Hawk fans, but IMO Toews at #3 is insane. He's a hell of a leader and a great player, but not top-10 in the NHL.

Top-15, on the other hand? I would say so.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 08:21 PM
crimsonking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeno View Post
teow's top 20. and there he's maybe 18th. no way that guy's #3, no way no way
He's a little high, but not 15 spots high.

Otherwise, if I remember correctly, they stated at the top of the show that rankings were not based on last season necessarily, but what they see coming for this season. We really need to argue it after the season is over.

crimsonking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 07:27 AM
D-Block

Dumbest list

THE DUMBEST list.

A guy like Heatley is #36 while he has been top 10 in scoring for the past 4+years.

D-Block is offline   Reply With Quote