HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Warrior Elbow Pads

Old
10-06-2010, 11:17 AM
ChiTownHawks

vCash: 500
Warrior Elbow Pads

When I first started ice hockey I had some crappy Itech elbow pads that were uncomfortable so I decided to upgrade to some new Warrior Hustler Elbow pads. I tried them on in the store and they were very comfy so I ordered them online. Here's the issue; I am not sure which one goes which arm and they are not labeled. I asked a bunch of guys in the locker room last night and no one was sure. By the way the padding is set up I thought the straps should be tightened inwards toward my chest rather than outwards away from my body. My old pads tightened outwards and so did a lot of other guys on my team, but we could not come up with a concise answer. Does anyone have these elbow pads and know which one goes on which arm? I think the easiest way to let me know would be: Should the Warrior tab on the lowest strap be on the inside of my arm or the outside? Thanks

Oh and by the way they are comfortable both ways which made it more strange/confusing.

ChiTownHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 12:44 PM
thedonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownHawks View Post
When I first started ice hockey I had some crappy Itech elbow pads that were uncomfortable so I decided to upgrade to some new Warrior Hustler Elbow pads. I tried them on in the store and they were very comfy so I ordered them online. Here's the issue; I am not sure which one goes which arm and they are not labeled. I asked a bunch of guys in the locker room last night and no one was sure. By the way the padding is set up I thought the straps should be tightened inwards toward my chest rather than outwards away from my body. My old pads tightened outwards and so did a lot of other guys on my team, but we could not come up with a concise answer. Does anyone have these elbow pads and know which one goes on which arm? I think the easiest way to let me know would be: Should the Warrior tab on the lowest strap be on the inside of my arm or the outside? Thanks

Oh and by the way they are comfortable both ways which made it more strange/confusing.
if you'd have actually bought them at the shop you tried them on instead of cheaping out, you'd already have your answer.

thedonger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 12:57 PM
The Chel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownHawks View Post

Yeah, you've got it right...

Most of the protection goes on the upper arm on the outward facing direction.

So you pull straps towards yourself

The Chel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 01:00 PM
thefeebster

I have the Warrior hitman elbow pads and i struggled with this the first hour, but it became increasingly apparent that the lowest strap should be facing inwards of your arm. So if you held out both your arms, the warrior tab should be facing each other.

Then the second neoprene-like strap also goes towards the inside.

Also, something trivial would be why would they put the product name where it would never be seen - the upper cuff of the pad. So the hitman/hustler should be facing outwards.

thefeebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 02:54 PM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonger View Post
if you'd have actually bought them at the shop you tried them on instead of cheaping out, you'd already have your answer.
agreed, its not good taste to go into a store only to try on their stuff JUST so you can buy it online afterwards...assuming this was a local (not big-box) shop, your actions are what contribute to these smaller shops going out of business

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 03:02 PM
ponder

Most new elbow pads basically look like two pieces, the longer, stiffer piece covers the elbow and forearm, the shorter, more flexible piece covers you biceps/triceps. On the shorter piece, the flap that is supposed to face outwards (with your arms at your side) is generally bigger/more padded. This really is the same with more or less every remotely new elbow pad I've seen.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 03:35 PM
ChiTownHawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
agreed, its not good taste to go into a store only to try on their stuff JUST so you can buy it online afterwards...assuming this was a local (not big-box) shop, your actions are what contribute to these smaller shops going out of business
Ok well I guess I have to go into further detail about the purchase for the moral police on HFBoards. The place I tried them on was Total Hockey, not exactly a mom and pop shop. The online store I bought them at was totalhockey.com. I would have bought them directly at the store but for some reason they were trying to sell a used, discolored pair and that pair was their only medium. The closest Total Hockey that has them was St. Louis so I was told to order them online.

I would never go into a hockey store like Gunzos (one of the smaller shops that has a few locations in Chicagoland) to do this b/c I would not want them to go out of business. I have however priced things out at Total Hockey and then went online to try to find them at discount if I can. Hockey is too expensive to pay full retail and Total Hockey has plenty of my cash.

Old
10-06-2010, 03:40 PM
ChiTownHawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
I have the Warrior hitman elbow pads and i struggled with this the first hour, but it became increasingly apparent that the lowest strap should be facing inwards of your arm. So if you held out both your arms, the warrior tab should be facing each other.

Then the second neoprene-like strap also goes towards the inside.

Also, something trivial would be why would they put the product name where it would never be seen - the upper cuff of the pad. So the hitman/hustler should be facing outwards.
Thanks for you help. When you say hold out both your arms you are talking about palms up right? So if you held out your arms with the palms facing up the 2 warriors tabs should be right across from each other right?

Old
10-06-2010, 03:52 PM
PDX Coyotes

These?

Looks to me like this is 2 pictures of a left pad (taken from both sides). The forearm flap would close inward, so that the slash guard is facing outward.

PDX Coyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 04:53 PM
ChiTownHawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Coyotes View Post
These?

Looks to me like this is 2 pictures of a left pad (taken from both sides). The forearm flap would close inward, so that the slash guard is facing outward.
Yep, those are the ones. That is how I thought they would close too, until everyone at practice told me I was wrong. Thanks for the help.