HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WFAN 660AM: Joe and Evan interview Johnny Mac

Old
10-06-2010, 06:07 PM
DerekDevils30

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
Any suggestions? I know about Toronto 590. I listen to that during the trade deadline.

Any other good station that stream live?
I like 1040 out of Vancouver.

Fan 590 Toronto is really good, too. Lots of Leaf coverage, obviously. Has its moments.

DerekDevils30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 08:25 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomtemperature View Post
And now you know why I hate Jets fans.
So in other words, you hate me? I'm hurt.

Seriously, even Jets fans can't stand the guy. We are ashamed to even have this clown as a Jets fan. Don't take it out on us just 'cause of this walking booger.

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 09:02 PM
Semak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
I want my own show where I can rant for two hours about nothing else but hockey and make believe nothing else exist.....I'll do Bean Pot updates during the NFL playoffs, preseason NCAA National Rankings infromation during baseball playoffs and if I mention another sport it'll because the player played hockey or is from Brantford Ontario where Gretzky is from....Just like that fat-butt Mike Francesa does with baseball. God I hate that guy.
I don't know about your radio voice, but giving you a radio show is a very good idea

To this day I don't get how hockey is a step child in the US. The fact that NASCAR is so big just doesn't compute. Heck, on my Tivo Sports Search the put all the popular sports on top and then the rest in alphabetical order. Of course the usual suspects are on top with NASCAR and soccer up there too, but for Hockey you have to scroll all the way to the bottom.

I stopped listening to 660 ages ago when I grew up and realized that hockey never even makes there 15-20min news updates on a regular basis. The only guy I ever heard there do a bit of hockey was Don Legraca and don't know if he's even around anymore. JMac being on was probably just a courtesy since for whatever strange reason the Devs are on 660 these days.

Semak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Eric Sachs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semak View Post
I don't know about your radio voice, but giving you a radio show is a very good idea

To this day I don't get how hockey is a step child in the US. The fact that NASCAR is so big just doesn't compute. Heck, on my Tivo Sports Search the put all the popular sports on top and then the rest in alphabetical order. Of course the usual suspects are on top with NASCAR and soccer up there too, but for Hockey you have to scroll all the way to the bottom.

I stopped listening to 660 ages ago when I grew up and realized that hockey never even makes there 15-20min news updates on a regular basis. The only guy I ever heard there do a bit of hockey was Don Legraca and don't know if he's even around anymore. JMac being on was probably just a courtesy since for whatever strange reason the Devs are on 660 these days.
Legraca is with the NHL Network on Sirius. He was doing ESPN radio but I don't know if he is still doing that.

Eric Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Roomtemperature

vCash: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
So in other words, you hate me? I'm hurt.

Seriously, even Jets fans can't stand the guy. We are ashamed to even have this clown as a Jets fan. Don't take it out on us just 'cause of this walking booger.

Being a Vikings fan I resent most teams that have won a Super Bowl. Also somehow my brother became a Bills fan so I sympathize with that team as well.

Roomtemperature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Semak

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilzrule27 View Post
Legraca is with the NHL Network on Sirius. He was doing ESPN radio but I don't know if he is still doing that.
There you go, proof here really was a hockey guy. So, 660 got rid of him Francesa is behind this!

Semak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 09:54 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomtemperature View Post
Being a Vikings fan I resent most teams that have won a Super Bowl. Also somehow my brother became a Bills fan so I sympathize with that team as well.
That so-called '69 superbowl doesn't count for the Jets as far as I'm concerned. So many people were high on Cocaine back in those days, I'm surprised anyone even Noticed that Football existed.

I was born in '77 and didn't get interested in Football until I was 17...To me, Joe Namath, was nothing but a guy who wore pantyhose and a fur coat to a game and also got drunk every chance he got. Had a QB done that these days, he would've been made fun of and crucified viciously....

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 11:13 PM
Unknown Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semak View Post
There you go, proof here really was a hockey guy. So, 660 got rid of him Francesa is behind this!
He's on 1050 with Michael Kay now.

Unknown Caller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 11:27 PM
Eric Sachs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Caller View Post
He's on 1050 with Michael Kay now.
Kay is a blow hard, why would anyone want to listen to him.

Old
10-06-2010, 11:36 PM
Unknown Caller

Quote:
Kay is a blow hard, why would anyone want to listen to him.
I don't know why everyone says that. I love listening to him and he seems like a good enough guy. I actually know people who have met him in person and they say he's a very nice guy.

Old
10-06-2010, 11:39 PM
Eric Sachs

Quote:
I don't know why everyone says that. I love listening to him and he seems like a good enough guy. I actually know people who have met him in person and they say he's a very nice guy.
Most of my hate for Kay stems from him calling baseball games. I absolutely hate him and I'm a Yankee's fan.

this rant of his just made me hate him even more.

Old
10-06-2010, 11:44 PM
guyincognito

he sounds like a more "motivated" fatcessa there. yeech

guyincognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 11:44 PM
Unknown Caller

Quote:
Most of my hate for Kay stems from him calling baseball games. I absolutely hate him and I'm a Yankee's fan.

this rant of his just made me hate him even more.

That actually makes me like him even more. And he's right. It's Michael Kay's preference to inform the audience if there's a perfect game or not. Who is that guy to tell Michael Kay it's "etiquette" not to inform the TV audience of a perfect game? I would never say it, but I'm not an announcer. It's at his discretion.

Old
10-07-2010, 12:01 AM
Eric Sachs

Quote:
That actually makes me like him even more. And he's right. It's Michael Kay's preference to inform the audience if there's a perfect game or not. Who is that guy to tell Michael Kay it's "etiquette" not to inform the TV audience of a perfect game? I would never say it, but I'm not an announcer. It's at his discretion.
Michael Kay has never informed a viewer of anything during a yankee game unless the Yankees are losing where he then finds the need to endlessly bash the other team.

Old
10-07-2010, 12:04 AM
Eric Sachs

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyincognito View Post
he sounds like a more "motivated" fatcessa there. yeech
I'm not a huge Francessa fan either but I liked him and Russo together. Russo going to Sirius is a big reason i reupped my subscription. I love listening to him.He knows he's an idiot, he knows he's a hater, and he just has fun with it.

Old
10-07-2010, 12:05 AM
PuckHogs29

Quote:
I love that. I hate that ******** "don't talk about it" crap. Doc says it all the time when Brodeur has a shutout and then always says "of course Marty has said he doesn't believe in that." It's so stupid because at some point they ALL say it when it's late in the game. Superstition like that is just ********.

PuckHogs29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 12:08 AM
Roomtemperature

vCash: 923
The only guy I really like who has his own show is Seth Everett on 1050 between 10-11 am only because when he had the show from 7- whenever he had a segment a night during the summer for all of the non baseball teams even the Nets or Islanders. Admittedly you tend to exhaust the topics in an off season but its was a breath of fresh air compared to constant Mets and Yankees talk. I like Don LaGreca too since he's a Devils fan too but he doesn't have his own show and while he tries to squeeze hockey on it its still rare.

Roomtemperature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 12:08 AM
Eric Sachs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckHogs29 View Post
I love that. I hate that ******** "don't talk about it" crap. Doc says it all the time when Brodeur has a shutout and then always says "of course Marty has said he doesn't believe in that." It's so stupid because at some point they ALL say it when it's late in the game. Superstition like that is just ********.
the point of that video isn't about the topic. It's about how much of a blow hard Kay is. He comes off as an arrogant *****.

Old
10-07-2010, 12:14 AM
Unknown Caller

Quote:
the point of that video isn't about the topic. It's about how much of a blow hard Kay is. He comes off as an arrogant *****.
If any of us were on the radio, we would get pissed like that at least once. The guy is only human and the caller was basically personally attacking Kay and blaming Wang's loss of the perfect game on Michael Kay. So what if he gets pissed? When you have to deal with asinine callers every single day, you're bound to get pissed.

Old
10-07-2010, 12:30 AM
PuckHogs29

Quote:
It's sports talk radio not NPR. Lighten up, Francis.

PuckHogs29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 01:36 AM
Eric Sachs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckHogs29 View Post
It's sports talk radio not NPR. Lighten up, Francis.
Whats your point?

If I'm going to spend my time listening to someone spew their garbage for 3 hours I either have to agree with their viewpoints for the most part or at least like listening to them talk sports. The whole point is I can stand neither from Kay. he annoys me to no end. He ruins yankee games for to the point where I mute the TV and listen to the radio or watch the road coverage whenever possible.