HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chicago Blackhawks Training Camp 2010 - Roster finalized

Old
10-06-2010, 03:50 PM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
Q seems to do that though. Two stars and a scrub on each of the top lines. Did it last year with Brouwer.
Except Brouwer isn't a scrub at all.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 03:50 PM
JUICEY*

The only one I see getting sent down for Morin is Leddy. With Campbell back we will have 8 defensemen. Hendry and Boynton would have to clear waivers.

JUICEY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUICEY View Post
The only one I see getting sent down for Morin is Leddy. With Campbell back we will have 8 defensemen. Hendry and Boynton would have to clear waivers.
If Leddy plays great why punish the kid?

Whoever sucks more between Hendry or Boynton gets waived if that is the case

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 04:23 PM
JUICEY*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

Well yeah, that really depends on how Leddy plays. Also how Boynton and Hendry play as well.

JUICEY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUICEY View Post
Well yeah, that really depends on how Leddy plays. Also how Boynton and Hendry play as well.
Hendry doesnt add anything that you cant easily find

If it came down to that waive Hendry, or just keep both I dunno

Atleast Boynton Hits, Fights, Stands up for teammates though, ect

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
Hendry doesnt add anything that you cant easily find

If it came down to that waive Hendry, or just keep both I dunno

Atleast Boynton Hits, Fights, Stands up for teammates though, ect
Boynton:

Hits: Sometimes but, they're not impactful.

Fights: He does occassionally but, he should stop. He's gotten a two concussion and 3 broken bones in his face total the last two times he's fought.

Stands up for teammates: Yes, he does, but gets his **** rocked every time.

I think Hendry has him beat with skating and can at least get the puck on net from the point more so than Nick can. I say if Leddy shines, waive Boynton. That's my opinion but, mine doesn't matter- Q's does. We know Keith, Seabrook, Leddy, Hjalmarsson, Hendry, and Scott will be up on Thursday in Denver. If Campbell comes back at a time where Leddy is doing bad, Leddy goes back down and we save some more cap space.

Basically:

With Leddy shining and Campbell back, I would prefer 7 defensemen consisting of: Keith, Seabrook, Campbell, Hjalmarsson, Leddy, Hendry, and Scott.

With Leddy not shining and Campbell back, I would prefer 7 defensemen consisting of: Keith, Seabrook, Campbell, Hjalmarsson, Hendry, Boynton, and Scott.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Boynton:

Hits: Sometimes but, they're not impactful.

Fights: He does occassionally but, he should stop. He's gotten a two concussion and 3 broken bones in his face total the last two times he's fought.

Stands up for teammates: Yes, he does, but gets his **** rocked every time.

I think Hendry has him beat with skating and can at least get the puck on net from the point more so than Nick can. I say if Leddy shines, waive Boynton. That's my opinion but, mine doesn't matter- Q's does. We know Keith, Seabrook, Leddy, Hjalmarsson, Hendry, and Scott will be up on Thursday in Denver. If Campbell comes back at a time where Leddy is doing bad, Leddy goes back down and we save some more cap space.

Basically:

With Leddy shining and Campbell back, I would prefer 7 defensemen consisting of: Keith, Seabrook, Campbell, Hjalmarsson, Leddy, Hendry, and Scott.

With Leddy not shining and Campbell back, I would prefer 7 defensemen consisting of: Keith, Seabrook, Campbell, Hjalmarsson, Hendry, Boynton, and Scott.
I really doubt the Hawks waive Boynton. I have a hunch that Q will develop a crush for him like he did for Sopel... plus he offers much needed veteran experience. We'll likely let his contract run out if Leddy starts to shine.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 06:59 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by shartmcgart View Post
I really doubt the Hawks waive Boynton. I have a hunch that Q will develop a crush for him like he did for Sopel... plus he offers much needed veteran experience. We'll likely let his contract run out if Leddy starts to shine.
I know that, the post you quoted is if I could have it my way. I mean, do we really need veteran experience now? I mean, we have how man guys who know what it takes to win the Cup now on our team? Boynton doesn't really provide more than what Hendry brings. Hendry is faster and has a better shot though, both really don't have much offensive upside. Hendry can recover quicker than Boynton can since he's younger and faster. The only thing that would be nice about having Boynton instead of Hendry among our 7 defensemen is that Boynton's cap hit is $100K less than Hendry's.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I guess I just mean that Boynton provides a veteran experience that Hendry/Leddy don't provide. In that sense, it's better to have that experience than not. With newcomers/rookies like Stalberg, Skille, Dowell, Bickell, Leddy, and Crawford... it'd be nice to have as many guys with as much NHL/Blackhawk experience as possible.

Edit: Sorry I didn't pick up that it would be how you would do things... and honestly, I don't disagree in the slightest. I like Boynton but I'd love to get some rookies some NHL experience, as this year is a nice transition year to allow it. Worst case scenario, we have a 7th/8th defenseman who's been in the league for a while. Too much Toews/Stamkos debating on the main boards has inhibited my ability to think clearly haha

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 08:27 PM
crimsonking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

I agree. If Leddy is playing well, it would be hard to just send him down. Between the other two, if one is waived, I could see Hendry clearing waivers, but Boynton would likely get scooped up.

crimsonking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 12:54 AM
MrSerious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Except Brouwer isn't a scrub at all.
Maybe a little harsh calling him a scrub. I meant compared to the rest of the line.

MrSerious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 01:41 AM
EmeticDonut

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
Maybe a little harsh calling him a scrub. I meant compared to the rest of the line.
Around here you are either a star or a scrub, there is no in between.

EmeticDonut is offline   Reply With Quote