HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The good the bad and the ugly going in 2010-11 season.

Old
10-06-2010, 06:19 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
Ugly: the Caps and Pens won't both screw the pooch in April this season
Good point. But we can hope...

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 06:46 AM
chaosof99*

The Good: The team looks solid.
The Bad: Injury trouble early.
The Ugly: Dan Carcillo

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 07:07 AM
Stockholm Syndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
The Good: The team looks solid.
The Bad: Injury trouble early.
The Ugly: Dan Carcillo
What you did there, I see it.

I generally agree with what is being said in this thread. JVR, the Giroux and Zherdev chemistry, Bob looking promising, all wonderful.

Stockholm Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 11:34 AM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Wasnt the contract year a positive for Emery last year??? He wasnt playing that great even before he got hurt....just saying
I always thought Emery was overrated from his Cup run in which he did very little (IMO). He also had an abysmal attitude in Ottawa. And even though I never really liked him, he was performing well enough behind our D until he ruined his abdomen and his hip died.

Comparing Carter to him is laughable. Carter has proven more to this point in his career than Emery ever has.

Comparing Zherdev to him is maybe a little closer, but still not the same. Zherdev has more talent than Emery did, by a ton. He's lacking in work ethic, but the good news is that - unlike Emery - he's not being depended on that much and can just play and have fun.

Apples to oranges.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 01:21 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Problem is you do not know wtf you are talking most of the time. Other then that, there is no problem.
Says who? You? Please.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 01:53 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Says who? You? Please.
Says most if not all people that read your bs about Carter from what I saw.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Says most if not all people that read your bs about Carter from what I saw.
Relax Francis, it is just an opinion of what I see from Carter. I want him to succeed and do well along with the team. The rest of the crap is just that, crap like anyone else spews in regards to their opinions, like you.

Old
10-06-2010, 02:45 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

The Good: Stacked Defence and Offence
The Bad: Another season of the goalie carousel
The Ugly: Seeing Gagne in another Jersey other than the Flyers/Canada.

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 02:45 PM
agrudez*

I kind of look at Cartsiephan as an unintentional satire of this entire board.

He has taken an irrational hatred of one player, molded it and made it into an irrational series of arguments against said player. This is something that I see on a daily basis in a slighly toned down version on this board.

He also derails unrelated threads with this irrational hatred. Yet another thing that I see on a daily basis on this board.

Honestly, he who hath not looked like a dumbass on this board for not liking a player for whatever reason and bashing them throweth the first stone.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post

He has taken an irrational hatred of one player, molded it and made it into an irrational series of arguments against said player. This is something that I see on a daily basis in a slighly toned down version on this board.

He also derails unrelated threads with this irrational hatred. Yet another thing that I see on a daily basis on this board.

Honestly, he who hath not looked like a dumbass on this board for not liking a player for whatever reason and bashing them throweth the first stone.
I can respect that opinion. Everyone not need to fluff the players on our team either.

Old
10-06-2010, 03:22 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
I can respect that opinion. Everyone not need to fluff the players on our team either.
I was one of the first to suggest that Carter ruins line chemistry with almost everyone he has ever been with and should be put with mucker and grinders like Hartnell, not wasting skill players like Giroux on his line. However, I can also recognize that he serves a very big purpose on the team and is one of the better scorers (top 30) in the league.

The only player I fluff is Matt Carle, but I do that more to offset some of that irrational hate everyone has that I was talking about before.

Honestly, if I ever met him in purpose I would introduce myself as his only fan based on the response his name invokes on this board. Those damn, pesky 30+ point high +/- defensemen man... they ruin our cup chances every year I tell ya.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Relax Francis, it is just an opinion of what I see from Carter. I want him to succeed and do well along with the team. The rest of the crap is just that, crap like anyone else spews in regards to their opinions, like you.
Francis is your fathers name, right? You see what from Carter? He is top 50 players in the league that scored 80 goals in last 2 season. So why would any fool put him into The bad section? Explain it to me, or do not. Maybe you are just not smart enough to understad what this thread is about. A? What do you say there, Francis?

Last edited by Kaktus*: 10-07-2010 at 06:59 AM.
Old
10-06-2010, 09:33 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
So why would any fool put him into The bad section?

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 01:11 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
^^^^^didnt see that coming

like I said earlier. the bs ragging on Carter is getting old.

if he wouldnt of played last year with those busted feet people would have called him a *****.
so ******* predictable people are on this board.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 01:15 AM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Is that the one where Niemi made a falling save? I think that was actually a good save. Carter did lift the puck, just not enough.

ilovetheflyers8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 02:04 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

The Good: Our Goaltending / Front Office

The Bad: Our defence as in Badass!!!

The Ugly: Our forwards. Our top three lines are so ugly it will make the other teams sick.

God Bless Lappy

GO FLYERS

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 02:08 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:

I agree we you here about that dude. I just blocked him out and you know what? Its been great! You just do not get caught up in his BS.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 04:19 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

A little peice of me dies inside everytime i see that picture

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 04:47 AM
The Saw Is the Law

The Good: Richards

The Bad: Pronger

and The Ugly: Carcillo

Damn i like this team!

The Saw Is the Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 06:57 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Can not display that image for whatever reason...

Old
10-07-2010, 07:52 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
I was one of the first to suggest that Carter ruins line chemistry with almost everyone he has ever been with and should be put with mucker and grinders like Hartnell, not wasting skill players like Giroux on his line. However, I can also recognize that he serves a very big purpose on the team and is one of the better scorers (top 30) in the league.

The only player I fluff is Matt Carle, but I do that more to offset some of that irrational hate everyone has that I was talking about before.

Honestly, if I ever met him in purpose I would introduce myself as his only fan based on the response his name invokes on this board. Those damn, pesky 30+ point high +/- defensemen man... they ruin our cup chances every year I tell ya.

When Carter came out with his 46 goal season I was thoroughly impressed, he scored and would dominate, but the playoffs that year he just disappeared against the Pens. Last season I witnessed him dominate games and then disappear, I do not know if it was the chemistry, coaching, or just his inability to be more consistent. When he is not scoring it also affects his defense, thus why I selected Carter and Zherdev as part of my concerns. When they are scoring they bring a game, but when they are not they seem to disappear. I hope this changes because the success/failure of this team to make a serious run will rely on them both to have good seasons. But let's also be realistic about the predictions, as Flyers fans we tend to be a wee-bit homerish.

I like Carle, while others bash him he consistently put up some solid numbers. He can also skate and move the puck which is necessary in Laviolettes scheme of moving the puck out of the zone.

Old
10-07-2010, 07:57 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Francis is your fathers name, right? You see what from Carter? He is top 50 players in the league that scored 80 goals in last 2 season. So why would any fool put him into The bad section? Explain it to me, or do not. Maybe you are just not smart enough to understad what this thread is about. A? What do you say there, Francis?
Zherdev and Carter both tend to float and disappear when not scoring, it should be a concern. If they fix this part of their games and Carter can develop more than the....drive the wing, get forced wide, shoot on a bad angle, lose possession of puck, odd-man rush up the opposite boards I am all good, if not it could turn out bad.

Zherdev, his MO is that he will score 15 goals in the first twenty games, and then disappear until after Christmas. They both also have a tendency to pad their stats but not show up in big games. Look at Joe Thornton or Ollie Jokinen, both are great scorers but do not have the ability to win big games. As I have stated elsewhere, I hope they prove me wrong, but they are not excluded from any criticism if you actually break down how they play and not just look at the fantasy stats.

And one last thing. BECAUSE they do have so much talent they are and will be held to a higher standard when you have guys busting their butts every shift with 1/2 the talent.

Last edited by Cartsiephan*: 10-07-2010 at 08:06 AM.
Old
10-07-2010, 08:10 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Carter picked up his physical game a good bit last year

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 08:17 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
Is that the one where Niemi made a falling save? I think that was actually a good save. Carter did lift the puck, just not enough.
Campbell did a decent job at getting his stick around, but as you can see if Carter had more of a one-timer that is game 7.

Old
10-07-2010, 08:20 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Carter picked up his physical game a good bit last year
If he developed more of a physical game and got to the net more he would be a better player, but he needs to make a mental choice to be more aggressive and play with more of a chip on his shoulder. I have heard the excuse that this is not his game, etc....but I am waiting to see what JvR does this year, all reports have him being more physical, this comes from dedicating himself to being a more well-rounded player because he was not really physical at UNH, he relied on his physical skills to dominate, much like Carter. I see a lot of similarities between the two.