HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The good the bad and the ugly going in 2010-11 season.

Old
10-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Kaktus*

vCash: 500
Carter does not have to be physical because someone says he should be. Thats not his game to destroy people. Being not physical does not make him a bad player. Sure it would be nice if Carter used his size more but to be to whine about it all summer long and calling out Carter a is just pathetic. He will throw about 60-80 hits a season. and score 35-40 goals deal with it.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 11:13 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post

Zherdev, his MO is that he will score 15 goals in the first twenty games, and then disappear until after Christmas. They both also have a tendency to pad their stats but not show up in big games. Look at Joe Thornton or Ollie Jokinen, both are great scorers but do not have the ability to win big games. As I have stated elsewhere, I hope they prove me wrong, but they are not excluded from any criticism if you actually break down how they play and not just look at the fantasy stats.

you do know that goal scorers are usually streaky. case in point, remember when we had Lupul? I am not worried about Zherdev or Carter. Zherdev wants to prove alot of people wrong and he has vets who will push him. Carter will be fine. He will get his 35-40 goals.
People will still whine about his high and wide and being lazy ******** tho

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
you do know that goal scorers are usually streaky. case in point, remember when we had Lupul? I am not worried about Zherdev or Carter. Zherdev wants to prove alot of people wrong and he has vets who will push him. Carter will be fine. He will get his 35-40 goals.
People will still whine about his high and wide and being lazy ******** tho
I am not concerned about the streaky scoring, but when they are not scoring other aspects of their game go with it, whether it is confidence who knows. Just commit to doing the other things when the well dries up, period.

BTW, what was the MO on Lupul, when he was not scoring he was considered a liability. Another case in point, while Zherdev and Carter both possess more skills than Lupul the level of expectation is also raised.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Carter does not have to be physical because someone says he should be. Thats not his game to destroy people. Being not physical does not make him a bad player. Sure it would be nice if Carter used his size more but to be to whine about it all summer long and calling out Carter a is just pathetic. He will throw about 60-80 hits a season. and score 35-40 goals deal with it.
We can just disagree on this point, but if JvR comes out and has a really strong season and brings a little fire to his game you may just want to revisit your stance. JvR seems to have committed to developing more of his game to be better, he is working hard to do this both mentally and physically. I am interested to see how he does as well as Carter.

Old
10-07-2010, 12:55 PM
Kaktus*

JVR was not better then Carter in 1st season. No way no how. No idea why we are talking about JVR now. I guess you are running out of options?

No idea why solid 30 goals scorer gets picked on by some annoying fan. O well...

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
JVR was not better then Carter in 1st season. No way no how. No idea why we are talking about JVR now. I guess you are running out of options?

No idea why solid 30 goals scorer gets picked on by some annoying fan. O well...
Are we comparing Carter to Jvr in first seasons? If so, Carter(23-19-45 in a more prominant role) and JvR(15-20-35 in a lesser role)......a push. I am referring to JvR because he seems to have taken the offseason to improve in areas where he needed to and his preseason play seems to show that he is ready to step up in the physical nature of his game.

Picking on him? Come on, just pointing out that he has all the skills but still room to improve. One area would be to raise his physical game, be more of a PIA to play against. Go to the net more, get his nose dirty, play stronger along the boards. Not a lot to ask for a guy who gets so much praise from the fanbase.

Old
10-07-2010, 04:51 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
like I said earlier. the bs ragging on Carter is getting old.
He'll be known as a small time player for so long as he fails to come up big when they need him to.

He does have the albatross of Richards though. 18 is a Philly-type player and 17 is not.

Quote:
Can not display that image for whatever reason...
It was just a wiseass pic anyway.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote