HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#1: Flyers @ Penguins - Thursday, Oct. 7, 2010 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-07-2010, 12:18 PM
  #151
Flyskippy
Registered User
 
Flyskippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Audubon, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,078
vCash: 500
First goal: Briere
First assist: Leino
First big hit: Carcillo
First goal allowed: Crosby
First fight: Shelley/Cooke (one can wish)
First penalty: Hartnell - hooking

Flyskippy is offline  
Old
10-07-2010, 12:27 PM
  #152
CptCannon
Registered User
 
CptCannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Oulu
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,970
vCash: 500
What the...... Bobs in the net? Gotta re-work the schedule, just absolutely CANNOT miss this one!

Also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
PREDICTION TIME:
First goal: Zherdev (1-timer from Giroux's saucer)
First assist: Giroux (cross-ice saucer)
First big hit: Hartnell (on Goligoski)
First goal allowed: - (Bobs shutout )
First fight: Hartnell vs. Letang (Letang with instigator)
First penalty: Bartulis (interference)

CptCannon is offline  
Old
10-07-2010, 12:31 PM
  #153
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Who comes in with Pronger out? Walker or bartulis?

HoverCarle* is offline  
Old
10-07-2010, 12:32 PM
  #154
Flyskippy
Registered User
 
Flyskippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Audubon, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptCannon View Post
What the...... Bobs in the net? Gotta re-work the schedule, just absolutely CANNOT miss this one!

Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912
PREDICTION TIME:
First goal: Zherdev (1-timer from Giroux's saucer)
First assist: Giroux (cross-ice saucer)
First big hit: Hartnell (on Goligoski)
First goal allowed: - (Bobs shutout )
First fight: Hartnell vs. Letang (Letang with instigator)
First penalty: Bartulis (interference)
Any biting in that Hartnell-Letang dust-off? Your prediction seems incomplete without it.

Flyskippy is offline  
Old
10-07-2010, 12:32 PM
  #155
RoDu
Registered User
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,606
vCash: 500
PREDICTION TIME:
First goal: JvR
First assist: Giroux
First big hit: Powe
First goal allowed: Malkin
First fight: none tonight
First penalty: Carcillo (unsportsmanlike)

RoDu is offline  
Old
10-07-2010, 12:33 PM
  #156
Teezax
Registered User
 
Teezax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,450
vCash: 500
First goal: Zherdev
First assist: Giroux
First big hit: Shelley
First goal allowed: Bobo
First fight: Shelley
First penalty: Hartnell

Teezax is offline  
Old
10-07-2010, 12:36 PM
  #157
Teezax
Registered User
 
Teezax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Who comes in with Pronger out? Walker or bartulis?
As per Bill Meltzer, Pronger out, Bartulis in, Walker healthy scratch.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-...guins/45/30602

Teezax is offline  
Old
10-07-2010, 12:41 PM
  #158
RoDu
Registered User
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax View Post
As per Bill Meltzer, Pronger out, Bartulis in, Walker healthy scratch.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-...guins/45/30602
I wonder if we waive Walker when pronge is back, would make sense cap wise

RoDu is offline  
Old
10-07-2010, 12:42 PM
  #159
CptCannon
Registered User
 
CptCannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Oulu
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyskippy View Post
Any biting in that Hartnell-Letang dust-off? Your prediction seems incomplete without it.
No biting this time, sorry lad. Quite some hair pulling by both, though.

CptCannon is offline  
Old
10-07-2010, 12:42 PM
  #160
CharlieGirl
Summer
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
I wonder if we waive Walker when pronge is back, would make sense cap wise
That would be a dream come true, and would open up options for the deadline or to sign a free agent (not named Guerin) before then.

CharlieGirl is offline  
Old
10-07-2010, 12:46 PM
  #161
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax View Post
As per Bill Meltzer, Pronger out, Bartulis in, Walker healthy scratch.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-...guins/45/30602
Thats awesome. I hope Walker is ditched.

I would put Coburn and Carle together, and Meszaros with Timonen tonight I think. Bartulis with O'Donnell

HoverCarle* is offline  
Old
10-07-2010, 12:50 PM
  #162
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 115,956
vCash: 625
RT @DNFlyers: Still stunned Bobrovsky will start tonight. Boucher was, too. He said he thought he did everything he was asked for the team in playoffs.

__________________
Philadelphia's Real Alternative
(ynotradio.net)

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline  
Old
10-07-2010, 12:53 PM
  #163
chaosof99*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,614
vCash: 500
I really wonder how much Bobrovsky was chosen for symbolism, i.e. "He's the goalie of our future". Hope he'll have a good one.

chaosof99* is offline  
Old
10-07-2010, 12:55 PM
  #164
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Thats awesome. I hope Walker is ditched.

I would put Coburn and Carle together, and Meszaros with Timonen tonight I think. Bartulis with O'Donnell
o'donnel and carle is the way i go
kimmo-coburn

Rather have walker as he at least has the potential to hurt someone. This d gest torched tonight lol.

jb** is offline  
Old
10-07-2010, 12:58 PM
  #165
flyersfan420
Registered User
 
flyersfan420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,257
vCash: 500
LETS GO FLYERS!! cant believe bob is starting... hope he plays well.... got a pens fan coming over tonight! come on boys lets burn the 1st game in their new building

flyersfan420 is offline  
Old
10-07-2010, 12:59 PM
  #166
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
RT @DNFlyers: Still stunned Bobrovsky will start tonight. Boucher was, too. He said he thought he did everything he was asked for the team in playoffs.
Dear Brian Boucher,

Every old player has to move to make way for youth. That is the circle of life (of a professional athlete). Please get over the fact Bob just bumped you down the depth chart. This team owes you nothing. They gave you a two-year deal with more then fair compensation.

If you looked at the situation of many other goalies around the league, you would realize you have it pretty good here. Remember Brian, you are going to turn 34 in January. You are no spring chicken. You have had more then ample time to earn a starting job SOMEWHERE. You didn't.

Best wishes,
Flyers fans

P.S. Enjoy mentoring Bob!

IrishSniper87 is offline  
Old
10-07-2010, 12:59 PM
  #167
healthyscratch
Registered User
 
healthyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,799
vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
RT @DNFlyers: Still stunned Bobrovsky will start tonight. Boucher was, too. He said he thought he did everything he was asked for the team in playoffs.
Everything asked in playoffs? What the hell does that have anything to do with opening night and a new season? Oh man he's pouting already, and assumed he was the starter with Leighton out. I can't way until Boosh is gone after Bob takes over and Leighton returns as the backup.

healthyscratch is offline  
Old
10-07-2010, 12:59 PM
  #168
Flyskippy
Registered User
 
Flyskippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Audubon, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
o'donnel and carle is the way i go
kimmo-coburn

Rather have walker as he at least has the potential to hurt someone.
This d gest torched tonight lol.
Yeah, Walker would hurt Bob, as he gets undressed often.

As to your last sentence.

Flyskippy is offline  
Old
10-07-2010, 01:00 PM
  #169
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
I really wonder how much Bobrovsky was chosen for symbolism, i.e. "He's the goalie of our future". Hope he'll have a good one.
Try watching him play sometime. Then you will get it.

IrishSniper87 is offline  
Old
10-07-2010, 01:00 PM
  #170
Flyskippy
Registered User
 
Flyskippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Audubon, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Dear Brian Boucher,

Every old player has to move to make way for youth. That is the circle of life (of a professional athlete). Please get over the fact Bob just bumped you down the depth chart. This team owes you nothing. They gave you a two-year deal with more then fair compensation.

If you looked at the situation of many other goalies around the league, you would realize you have it pretty good here. Remember Brian, you are going to turn 34 in January. You are no spring chicken. You have had more then ample time to earn a starting job SOMEWHERE. You didn't.

Best wishes,
Flyers fans

P.S. Enjoy mentoring Bob!
Would've been funnier if it were closed with:

"Best wishes,
John Vanbiesbrouck (remember me?)"

Flyskippy is offline  
Old
10-07-2010, 01:01 PM
  #171
healthyscratch
Registered User
 
healthyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,799
vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Dear Brian Boucher,

Every old player has to move to make way for youth. That is the circle of life (of a professional athlete). Please get over the fact Bob just bumped you down the depth chart. This team owes you nothing. They gave you a two-year deal with more then fair compensation.

If you looked at the situation of many other goalies around the league, you would realize you have it pretty good here. Remember Brian, you are going to turn 34 in January. You are no spring chicken. You have had more then ample time to earn a starting job SOMEWHERE. You didn't.

Best wishes,
Flyers fans

P.S. Enjoy mentoring Bob!

x2, well said.

healthyscratch is offline  
Old
10-07-2010, 01:01 PM
  #172
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyskippy View Post
Yeah, Walker would hurt Bob, as he gets undressed often.

As to your last sentence.
Why does Walker get undressed during games? Isn't it illegal to take off your clothes in public?


IrishSniper87 is offline  
Old
10-07-2010, 01:01 PM
  #173
Flyskippy
Registered User
 
Flyskippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Audubon, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Everything asked in playoffs? What the hell does that have anything to do with opening night and a new season? Oh man he's pouting already, and assumed he was the starter with Leighton out. I can't way until Boosh is gone after Bob takes over and Leighton returns as the backup.
Consider the source. I don't put much stock in a quote from someone trying to drum up readership/sensationalism.

Flyskippy is offline  
Old
10-07-2010, 01:02 PM
  #174
Flyskippy
Registered User
 
Flyskippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Audubon, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Why does Walker get undressed during games? Isn't it illegal to take off your clothes in public?

Doh!

Flyskippy is offline  
Old
10-07-2010, 01:04 PM
  #175
chaosof99*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Try watching him play sometime. Then you will get it.
Dude, I know. Bobrovsky is good, and if he keeps progressing he'll have a bright future ahead of him. However, Boucher probably would have been the safer and the expected choice in this situation. I was just wondering if there was factor included in the decision that wasn't necessarily their performance.

chaosof99* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.