My problem is absolutely with Homer. And Carter doesnt just have holes in his game....he really only has a great shot and thats it. He has size that he doesnt use, and speed that he barely uses....When he gets the puck he just takes it to the net and shoots. He is terrible...
Gee, if I didn't know any better, I'd say we lost.
exactly... never seen so much anger after beating the Penguins, and shutting out Crosby on the scoresheet. we should be dancing in the streets. Carter had a good pre-season... I'm not ready to throw him under the bus after 1 game, 1 game! He probably played mostly at center in pre-season due to the make-up of the lines so I think we can cut him some slack, maybe 3 games?
Just got back from the game here are a few interesting things to note
1) The Consol Energy Center is a pretty nice place
2) You can tell that the majority of Pen's fans are bandwagon fans because in my entire 2 mile WALK to the arena in my flyers garb, not one person said anything to me or even looked at me funny
3) I was probably on TV most of the game. . . anyone see me? Old School Orange Flyers jersey, with a Flyers hat on, surrounded by Pens fans on the Flyer bench side between the face-off dot and goal line. I was also standing behind Bobro during his interview on the post game.
4) When Bob finished his interview I yelled out to him and he gave me a smile and acknowledged me, that was pretty sweet.
5) As I was standing there Paul Holmgren came down the steps and I shook his hand.
All in all it was a pretty awesome experience. Bob looked good, but shaky. Neither goal was his fault and sure he got lucky, but that is all part of the position.
Giroux looked NASTY out there, as did JVR. Their line was great, as was Briere's. I was VERY impressed by O'Donnell. I thought he was very solid and made a lot of smart veteran plays.
I've got some photos on my facebook for all those interested.
Honestly, can we make the GED a requirement to post on this board?
The team does have too many Centers (and none in the classic 3rd line Center mold) so trading one of them not named Richards would make sense, as painful as that would be. However, I'm not sure that Carter is first on that list.
Additionally, I'm not sure how many perennial 35+ goal scoring wingers are under 27, will fit under our cap situation, and available if we were to trade Carter.
From Frank, Daily News: Claude Giroux had an x-ray after the game on his ankle. He was hit with a shot. Paul Holmgren says it is nothing, without seeing results.
I understand Mr. Holmgren doesn't understand the salary cap in the modern era of the NHL and all, but is it possible maybe he doesn't understand how modern medicine works as well? No wonder this team has had dubious injury problems over the past how many years??