HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Bobrovsky baptism of fire, give it to him Now!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-07-2010, 09:25 PM
  #376
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
I didn't say he didn't work hard did I? I said we don't know how his body of work was (only the coaching staff does)...if it was better than Bob's though I would gather that Lavy would be saying what he did about Boosh and he would have started. Kind of seems logical...

Lavy said Bob's preparation for 30 days was very good hence his start
I would say the implication was there.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 09:28 PM
  #377
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
I would say the implication was there.
Sure if you want to create a straw man by putting words in my mouth...I didn't say it period!
The implication is in Lavy's words not mine....that Bob's work ethic was consistent hence the start not that Boosh's work ethic was bad. It's called competition.....seems Bob outcompeted Boosh in his body of work not that Boosh didn't work hard.....

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 09:28 PM
  #378
Flyerfan808
Registered User
 
Flyerfan808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Honolulu, HI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,002
vCash: 500
I know its only 1 game but this was not an easy win tonight. Bob deserves major cudos! It will be interesting to see if the Flyers keep starting him in Leighton's abscence or if they will throw Boosh back in? I have a feeling they are going to let Bobrovsky have a fair crack at the starter position even AFTER Leighton gets back.

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 09:49 PM
  #379
vecens24
Registered User
 
vecens24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,002
vCash: 500
Best way to put Bobrovsky's performance tonight is a text I sent to my friend after the first period who couldn't watch the game (exact text):

Tangradi is a beast, Letestu is defintiely the 3rd line center all season, "and the Flyers may have finally found a good good goalie...I'm mildly frightened of how good this guy looks right now."

Honestly he looked that good tonight...I know it's only the first game but you guys really may have a keeper in this guy.

vecens24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 09:54 PM
  #380
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
Best way to put Bobrovsky's performance tonight is a text I sent to my friend after the first period who couldn't watch the game (exact text):

Tangradi is a beast, Letestu is defintiely the 3rd line center all season, "and the Flyers may have finally found a good good goalie...I'm mildly frightened of how good this guy looks right now."

Honestly he looked that good tonight...I know it's only the first game but you guys really may have a keeper in this guy.
He has potential. He actually hasn't had a real goalie coach in years so he relies a lot on instinct and athleticism. Which is all very good, but if he can incorporate good coaching and discipline into his game, watch out.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 09:55 PM
  #381
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
I know its only 1 game but this was not an easy win tonight. Bob deserves major cudos! It will be interesting to see if the Flyers keep starting him in Leighton's abscence or if they will throw Boosh back in? I have a feeling they are going to let Bobrovsky have a fair crack at the starter position even AFTER Leighton gets back.
It is fairly rare that Lavi doesn't play the best players available. But each goalie makes roughly the same, right? So if Bob sticks in the NHL, Boosh might be done. Which would be a bit sad simply because he really has done everything asked of him (though, to be fair, so has Leighton.)

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 10:01 PM
  #382
phillyflu
Registered User
 
phillyflu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 197
vCash: 500


I know, it's only one game.

phillyflu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 10:05 PM
  #383
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB
 
dingbathero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyflu View Post


I know, it's only one game.
GOLD!

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 10:07 PM
  #384
Cinerary
The Inexorable
 
Cinerary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: West Chester, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyflu View Post


I know, it's only one game.
Ha ha, it was the same way with Emery last season. Didn't end so well for him, though.

Cinerary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 10:13 PM
  #385
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,269
vCash: 500
One thing I think we should all agree on...Shelley should not have been in the lineup against Pitt...he's going to be an expensive guy for a handful of games against teams like the Rangers. Rangers aren't going to be much competition IMO so not sure why you would need to get a goon against them....they can be neutralized in other ways....or they will just neutralize themselves..

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 10:13 PM
  #386
phillyflu
Registered User
 
phillyflu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinerary View Post
Ha ha, it was the same way with Emery last season. Didn't end so well for him, though.
Hopefully Bob doesn't have a degenerative bone disease we don't know about. What are the odds of that happening again?

phillyflu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 10:15 PM
  #387
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
One thing I think we should all agree on...Shelley should not have been in the lineup against Pitt...he's going to be an expensive guy for a handful of games against teams like the Rangers. Rangers aren't going to be much competition IMO so not sure why you would need to get a goon against them....they can be neutralized in other ways....or they will just neutralize themselves..
Carcillo looked out of place on the top line. I still think they should sit Shelly, put Carcillo on the 4th line and put a rookie in the top 9 (Nodl, Holmstrom, or f'ing someone else)

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 10:20 PM
  #388
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,269
vCash: 500
Ha ha love Malkin's comments....ME MALKIN NO SEE THIS GUY..BOOGA BOOGA! Hey Neanderthal you will know him.....and you won't like him!

Quote:
"I never see this guy play, never met him," Malkin said. "It's a little bit harder when you don't know how he plays, nothing about him."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=301007016

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 10:22 PM
  #389
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Ha ha love Malkin's comments....ME MALKIN NO SEE THIS GUY..BOOGA BOOGA! Hey Neanderthal you will know him.....and you won't like him!
Hate to say it, but thats alot more English then what our Russian goalie speaks lol

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 10:23 PM
  #390
i am dave
Registered User
 
i am dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st
Country: United States
Posts: 2,182
vCash: 500
Well with only one game by which we can judge Bobrovsky, I think there's really only one thing to say...

We got this in the bag. WOOOOO!!!!!

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 10:30 PM
  #391
Flyerfan808
Registered User
 
Flyerfan808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Honolulu, HI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Hate to say it, but thats alot more English then what our Russian goalie speaks lol
Better no English at all than his broken-ass caveman speak.

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 10:32 PM
  #392
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Hate to say it, but thats alot more English then what our Russian goalie speaks lol
True but Bob is the man...Malkin is Captain Caveman....

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 10:33 PM
  #393
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
Better no English at all than his broken-ass caveman speak.
Yea, but Bob could easily speak like that when he learns a few words.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 10:33 PM
  #394
Flyerfan808
Registered User
 
Flyerfan808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Honolulu, HI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
It is fairly rare that Lavi doesn't play the best players available. But each goalie makes roughly the same, right? So if Bob sticks in the NHL, Boosh might be done. Which would be a bit sad simply because he really has done everything asked of him (though, to be fair, so has Leighton.)
I keep pumping the breaks trying not to get too excited. Yet I allow myself to wonder if this is the start of something more permanent? If so I think you're right. Boosh might be done if Bob takes the starting job.

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 10:34 PM
  #395
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rocky Point
Country: United States
Posts: 24,130
vCash: 500
Bob-O had an awesome game. Congrats.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 10:34 PM
  #396
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
Better no English at all than his broken-ass caveman speak.
What's funny is the part about how he never met him....not sure you can get a read on Bob's game by "meeting him" LOL!

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 10:35 PM
  #397
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Yea, but Bob could easily speak like that when he learns a few words.
I'm sure he'll be a disaster....but how can you rip on such a happy go lucky guy...have you seen that dorky smile..LOL

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 10:37 PM
  #398
Clown Baby
Registered User
 
Clown Baby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Ha ha love Malkin's comments....ME MALKIN NO SEE THIS GUY..BOOGA BOOGA! Hey Neanderthal you will know him.....and you won't like him!
Damnit. Now Holmgren's going to make it a point to change out goalies like used underwear.

Clown Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 10:38 PM
  #399
Flyerfan808
Registered User
 
Flyerfan808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Honolulu, HI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Yea, but Bob could easily speak like that when he learns a few words.
Let me enjoy it while I still can

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 10:41 PM
  #400
CanadianFlyer88
Moderator
Knublin' PPs
 
CanadianFlyer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Van City
Posts: 13,960
vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyflu View Post


I know, it's only one game.
I love that the ghost image is of a skater.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.