HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(Part Two) #1: Flyers @ Penguins - Thursday, Oct. 7, 2010 -

Old
10-07-2010, 11:25 PM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
Well the Flyers didn't exactly play a flawless game.
It's the first game of the season ...

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jester

Bob is incredibly athletic, and has great recovery... assuming he improves technically (gets a bit loose in the net at times it seems), he's going to be very, very good.

He does have a LONG way to go in the playing the puck area, though. That turnover was putrid.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

That faceoff discrepancy is going to have to change if we don't want to play in our end a lot....still a carry over from last year...wasn't really addressed in the offseason.

Flyers Pitt
3 Goals 2
1 Power Play Goals 1
4 Power Play Opportunities 5
1 Shorthanded Goals 0
6 Penalties 5
12 Penalty Minutes 10
27 Shots on Goal 31
34 Hits 32
22 Faceoffs Won 34

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 11:26 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Consider all these facts:

-The only experience Bob has playing on North American ice is in a few pre-season games from earlier this year.

-He wasn't expecting to be given the nod for this game and wasn't given it until earlier today.

-He's a rookie.

-He doesn't speak English.

-He's never had a goalie coach in his life.

-We were playing one of the best teams in the NHL.

-I heard that the 1st goal he let in was due to an equipment malfunction, but I haven't see any confirmation of that. If it's true though then, really, he only let in one goal that was his fault and it was an incredibly tough deflection at that.

Considering all of those things, he did terrific. We got the win and that's all that matters. Teams hit posts and miss empty nets all the time. It's part of the game and to attribute it to "luck" or being "unlucky" is just pure ********. Good teams make their own luck. If hitting the post or missing the net entirely counted as a goal then the Pens probably would have won, but guess what, they don't.

If the Pens and their fans want to win next time then try not hitting the ****ing post.
For reals. You could have posted just that one sentence and you would have been right.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 11:27 PM
AK

Bobrovsky was really impressive. I have a feeling he's going to be a lot like Varlamov in Washington. It might take a while to stick as a starter, but he's poised enough that what ever talent he has will take him a decent ways.

Great game all around. I hate that the Flyers opened up the arena with a win, but I love it when these two teams play. It's nice to watch games that look like playoff games.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 11:27 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Bob is incredibly athletic, and has great recovery... assuming he improves technically (gets a bit loose in the net at times it seems), he's going to be very, very good.

He does have a LONG way to go in the playing the puck area, though. That turnover was putrid.
Aww come on now, you HAVE to be used to it with the past like 5 goalies we have had (well mostly Leighton and Boosh lol)

Old
10-07-2010, 11:28 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Aww come on now, you HAVE to be used to it with the past like 5 goalies we have had (well mostly Leighton and Boosh lol)
It was definitely Boucher-esque (still not recovered from that one he had against the Rangers last year).

Old
10-07-2010, 11:30 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:

-The only experience Bob has playing on North American ice is in a few pre-season games from earlier this year.

-He wasn't expecting to be given the nod for this game and wasn't given it until earlier today.

-He's a rookie.

-I heard that the 1st goal he let in was due to an equipment malfunction, but I haven't see any confirmation of that. If it's true though then, really, he only let in one goal that was his fault and it was an incredibly tough deflection at that.

Considering all of those things, he did terrific. We got the win and that's all that matters. Teams hit posts and miss empty nets all the time. It's part of the game and to attribute it to "luck" or being "unlucky" is just pure ********. Good teams make their own luck. If hitting the post or missing the net entirely counted as a goal then the Pens probably would have won, but guess what, they don't.

If the Pens and their fans want to win next time then try not hitting the ****ing post.
Good points it's similar to that clown on the Reds last night that said the Umpire gave the Reds no chance to hit against Halladay last night. Daulton said he one time made the same remark and the coach said to him "did you get a pitch to hit in the count?" he said "yeah"..."well you should have hit the ball."

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 11:31 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
It was definitely Boucher-esque (still not recovered from that one he had against the Rangers last year).
Yea I was actually surprised he did it though. It was definitely a communication thing. If the guy new a spic of English, I think there could have been a different result.

Him not knowing English is going to hurt us in the long run. Being honest though, I do think after tonight he might get the start Sat. Lavy is pretty consistent with playing the hot goalie. If he plays Sat, he might officially be considered the starter.

Old
10-07-2010, 11:31 PM
hockeyphan25

Quote:

I liked when he knocked that rebound into the corner with a Pen closing in though

hockeyphan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 11:35 PM
Pwood
B-B-B-Bus can't swim

Send a message via AIM to Pwood Send a message via Yahoo to Pwood
Quote:
We were outplayed for like one period in the season opener. Nothing to get up-in-arms about.

The beginning of the season rarely says anything about a team.
Not up in arms. It was just obvious we got outplayed.

Pwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 11:35 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Yea I was actually surprised he did it though. It was definitely a communication thing. If the guy new a spic of English, I think there could have been a different result.

Him not knowing English is going to hurt us in the long run. Being honest though, I do think after tonight he might get the start Sat. Lavy is pretty consistent with playing the hot goalie. If he plays Sat, he might officially be considered the starter.
Yeah, hopefully he's a quick study with the English tutor.

Old
10-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyphan25 View Post
I liked when he knocked that rebound into the corner with a Pen closing in though
I just like that he seems to make an effort to direct his rebounds.

Old
10-07-2010, 11:38 PM
Mgkibbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
It's the first game of the season ...
Hence there being a lot of mistakes...

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 11:40 PM
Mgkibbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Why don't I wait here while you tell me who has EVER played a flawless game. And that would be in any sport ever played.

Waiting...
Ole-Kristian Tollefson

Old
10-07-2010, 11:43 PM
Mgkibbles

Quote:

-He's a rookie.

Do people just ignore what I write? Why does everyone act like I said Bob played poorly? I said he played well, he made some great saves, but there were also a lot of times he nearly gave me a heart attack.

Old
10-07-2010, 11:48 PM
i am dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
Ok forget posts, how about when Malkin missed a wide open net when Bobrovsky was looking the wrong way, or when a few pucks went into Bobrovsky's feet and somehow stayed out of the net? Again, Bob played well, especially for his first start in the NHL at 22 years old against a Cup contender, but lets not crown him just yet guys.

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 11:50 PM
Mgkibbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am dave View Post
THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!....AND WE LET UM OFF THE HOOK!

Old
10-07-2010, 11:53 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
On the first goal, it looked like he may have damaged a skate blade against the post. When he tried to move laterally he had to use two awkward motions to do it. He then got the blade repaired after the goal.

On the second, he was screened by three Flyers and a Pen. It was a quality goal.

He did get lucky a few times but the Flyers weren't exactly doing him any favors throughout most of the game. And, in the NHL, you create your own luck. If he didn't stop some quality chances then it doesn't matter if some other pucks hit the post or not.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 11:57 PM
KaraLupin
카라

What were the lines tonight?

KaraLupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 12:04 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Yeah, hopefully he's a quick study with the English tutor.

I want to make ****, Berserker!

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 12:20 AM
mypunkrock

Who looked good, and who did not?

Darroll Powe - On pace for 82 assists. Hands of stone my ass

mypunkrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 12:28 AM
TheLegendkiller

Breaking that place in was awesome. I was watching this game with Pens fans too. Poor Kara. Hahah yes YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In case you didn't notice...I'm drunk.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 12:54 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
The Flyers won.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 01:15 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:

agreed, his tracking the puck behind the net and in traffic needs some work too.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote