HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers Lounge the 4th

Closed Thread

Old
09-28-2010, 09:15 AM
Acadmus

vCash: 500
Panthers Lounge the 4th

You all know how this thread works by now - for all permissable off-topic discussion.

09-28-2010, 10:22 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
...Waiting for bitter old man Clints first "no hockey in the lounge!!!" appearance.

Old
09-28-2010, 08:21 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
...Waiting for bitter old man Clints first "no hockey in the lounge!!!" appearance.
Let me just facilitate said comment...

So tonight on the local news it was revealed that - for the second year in a row - the University of Vermont Catamounts booted a player off the men's hockey team for violation of athletic dept. policies. Victim: Tampa Bay Lightning prospect David Pacan. So like last year it's actually a player with some promise and talent that gets booted right before the season starts.

My only hope is this will mean more ice time for Connor Brickley

EDIT: According to the article in the paper today, Pacan is actually a Blackhawks prospect. Didn't realize that. And he was booted for violating the code of conduct, though it's not entirely clear if the article is saying the athletic dept. code or the University's code, but I think it's the athletic dept.

Last edited by Acadmus: 09-29-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Old
09-28-2010, 11:27 PM
silver surfer

vCash: 50
I posted this in the 3rd Panthers Lounge just before it was closed. Got one good response, but was wondering if anyone else wanted to chime in. Sorry for the re-post - just hoping to get some helpful tips for seeing a Panthers game.

I'll be in South Florida at the end of October for the Panthers/Isles game. Looking for some advice on tickets/transportation to the game.

Does it make sense to get tickets ahead of time or are there sometimes last minute walk up deals for seats? I've seen some sun-belt teams offering a seat plus a hot dog and a beer (or something like that) for one price. Do the Panthers do that sometimes?

Also wondering if there is there an easy way to get from the South Beach area to the game and back? Any sports bars offer a shuttle? Is there a train system?

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere. I looked through the threads and didn't see anything that seemed to cover this.

Thanks for your help!

Old
09-30-2010, 04:12 PM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
My group at EA Sports has launched their latest product: Madden NFL Superstars! The game is based on Madden Ultimate Team, a card-based game where you build up your team from various card packs and battle it out against your friends.

This version is simpler and based on Facebook, check it out at http://apps.facebook.com/maddennflsuperstars

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Old
10-05-2010, 04:57 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Ok. So I've come to the conclusion that my username and Booooooth10's usernames are too alike, and it even confuses me. I'll likely change mine when I can figure out what it will be. I'm not very creative with usernames, obviously. Haha.

Old
10-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

This belongs in the lounge (didn't deserve it's own thread). Apparently, the Panthers have already lost the Edmonton game according to ESPN.

Preseason standings for the Cats show as follows:

GP: 6 ; Wins: 3 ; Losses: 2 ; OTLs: 1 -- Streak: LOST 4

Old
10-07-2010, 01:01 PM
gizmo12688

I didn't want to make a new topic without knowing of something similar exists, but how about a sticky thread for our gamertags and so forth for some online gaming goodness?

Old
10-08-2010, 12:02 AM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther View Post
This belongs in the lounge (didn't deserve it's own thread). Apparently, the Panthers have already lost the Edmonton game according to ESPN.

Preseason standings for the Cats show as follows:

GP: 6 ; Wins: 3 ; Losses: 2 ; OTLs: 1 -- Streak: LOST 4
Shows how much you can trust ESPN when it comes to hockey. After all it is the "Especially Stupid Pinhead Network" right? Duh.

Old
10-08-2010, 08:05 AM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo12688 View Post
I didn't want to make a new topic without knowing of something similar exists, but how about a sticky thread for our gamertags and so forth for some online gaming goodness?
Not sure a sticky would really be necessary for that. The Lounge would be good, no? Sometimes, the stickies get out of hand and you can't even see the normal threads without scrolling. The mods do a good job of keeping it in line, like right now, it's not bad, but some times, it's pretty bad.

Old
10-08-2010, 08:57 AM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Quote:
Not sure a sticky would really be necessary for that. The Lounge would be good, no? Sometimes, the stickies get out of hand and you can't even see the normal threads without scrolling. The mods do a good job of keeping it in line, like right now, it's not bad, but some times, it's pretty bad.
Yeah we're definitely have more than enough stickies as it is.

Old
10-08-2010, 09:31 AM
gizmo12688

Quote:
Yeah perhaps you're right.

Well, XBL: gizmo12688

Old
10-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

So...I quit smoking (again) a couple of days ago. I've been a smoker for 15 years (except when I was pregnant). My husband came to me last week and asked me if I wanted to "quit" smoking by using e-cigs. Sure! Sounds great! Sign me up.

Basically, you inhale nicotine vapor. It comes in a variety of flavors, but since I smoked menthols, I went with the menthol cartridges. Still waiting on the sampler pack to come in before I commit to a larger order.

I like that it looks and feels like a cigarette. But I'm not going to lie - I've been a little edgy since I quit smoking the real things. I think I need to increase the nicotine level.

Anyway, if anyone's interested in trying these out shoot me a PM. I have a 15% off discount code you can use (plus I get store credit if you use the code ).

The company is based in Miami, and so far, their customer service has been top notch.

In other news, Domi (my mastiff) ate a bag of pumpkin Hershey Kisses and has been sick for two days. Sometimes I could just kill that dog. He's lucky he's cuter than the real life Domi.

Old
10-11-2010, 02:18 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
So...I quit smoking (again) a couple of days ago. I've been a smoker for 15 years (except when I was pregnant). My husband came to me last week and asked me if I wanted to "quit" smoking by using e-cigs. Sure! Sounds great! Sign me up.

Basically, you inhale nicotine vapor. It comes in a variety of flavors, but since I smoked menthols, I went with the menthol cartridges. Still waiting on the sampler pack to come in before I commit to a larger order.

I like that it looks and feels like a cigarette. But I'm not going to lie - I've been a little edgy since I quit smoking the real things. I think I need to increase the nicotine level.

Anyway, if anyone's interested in trying these out shoot me a PM. I have a 15% off discount code you can use (plus I get store credit if you use the code ).

The company is based in Miami, and so far, their customer service has been top notch.

In other news, Domi (my mastiff) ate a bag of pumpkin Hershey Kisses and has been sick for two days. Sometimes I could just kill that dog. He's lucky he's cuter than the real life Domi.
A coworker of mine has been quitting on those things and doing very well. It's really odd when he comes in my office and puffs on it though lol.

Old
10-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

So, I get married a week from this Saturday, pretty nervous about it. Gonna be gone for a little more than 2 weeks (honeymoon in Hawaii ). Hope the Panthers can win that night too, not that I'll be able to really check or anything heh.

Old
10-12-2010, 04:46 PM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post

Funny I always pictured Domi as more of a bulldog. (He's too small to be a pit) (or a mastiff!)

But seriously, I need to quit smoking again. Do the fake cigs actually help more than gum or patches?

Old
10-12-2010, 05:31 PM
gizmo12688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
So, I get married a week from this Saturday, pretty nervous about it. Gonna be gone for a little more than 2 weeks (honeymoon in Hawaii ). Hope the Panthers can win that night too, not that I'll be able to really check or anything heh.
Cheers buddy

Old
10-12-2010, 05:55 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:

HAHA Awesome! Hope you have a great wedding & exhausting honeymoon.

Old
10-12-2010, 11:18 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
WOW man, congrats PR. You couldnt find a better spot for the honeymoon than Hawaii, geesh

Old
10-16-2010, 03:17 PM
billysbreakdown

vCash: 235
nvm.

Last edited by billysbreakdown: 10-19-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old
10-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Acadmus

I've temporarily replaced my new tanking squirrel avatar with my son His first day of hockey, before he got into the whole slacking "I'm tired" mode and got passive aggressive

Sadly, I had to miss it - was working

Old
10-17-2010, 03:58 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
I've temporarily replaced my new tanking squirrel avatar with my son His first day of hockey, before he got into the whole slacking "I'm tired" mode and got passive aggressive

Heh, i just started some ice hockey classes, and i get the same way afterwards...

Old
10-17-2010, 06:45 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post

You replaced the tanking squirrel avatar I just made y...oh, for a pic of your son playing hockey, I see. Well then, EXCELLENT reason.

Old
10-18-2010, 10:26 PM
gizmo12688

Was in a car accident tonight. Got rear-ended. Luckily no one was hurt. Still a bit shaken up though. My poor car

Old
10-19-2010, 01:41 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo12688 View Post
Was in a car accident tonight. Got rear-ended. Luckily no one was hurt. Still a bit shaken up though. My poor car
Good to hear everyone is ok.

I just read an article in the Sun Sentinel about Clemmensen and Plante, and how they both have Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, which is what I have. I am contemplating whether or not to have the surgery, in which they burn the extra pathway in my heart. Its not open chest surgery, but it is surgery, so there is always concerns. Im gonna wait for now, and see how the pills work.

Closed Thread