HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(Part Two) #1: Flyers @ Penguins - Thursday, Oct. 7, 2010 -

Old
10-08-2010, 01:00 AM
flyersguy33*

vCash: 500
One thing I noticed about Bob was that he likes to play back in his net and goes down a lot. He isnt very tall and on a few occasions there appeared to be a lot of net up top. Shooters are going to pick up on this sooner or later. He needs to stay out a little bit more.

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 01:12 AM
infidelappel*

Very good game tonight, and I'm soooo glad we spoiled the Penguins' big party.

Bobrovsky also played pretty well. I still maintain that his game has a number of flaws that will be exploited in this league if he can't correct them, but he had some very, very nice saves. He had a lot of pressure to perform on him tonight and he performed well, though, and I think that makes up for some of the technical deficiencies he displayed and the few times his happy feet took him a little out of position.

If he can learn to hold his ground a little better in the crease - by which I mean, not sliding too far out of position or sinking too deep in his net in traffic - and stay bigger in the net, he has the raw talent to run with this thing. Let's see what actual coaching does for him.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 01:24 AM
PhilaFlyers

Atta way to break in Consol. GO FLYERS

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 02:25 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers View Post
Atta way to break in Consol. GO FLYERS
It was Consol's prom night. She had a lovely date and a beautiful dress. It was to be the perfect evening. She was even planning on giving her virginity to the love of her life. Too bad Bob roofied her, banged her in the pooper, and left her passed out in a dingy bathroom stall near a pile of her own vomit and shame.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 02:50 AM
chaosof99*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
I wonder if this photograph was taken before or after this:

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 03:58 AM
Pwood
B-B-B-Bus can't swim

Send a message via AIM to Pwood Send a message via Yahoo to Pwood
Timonen had a very similar hit on Crosby tonight as well. Pens fans in the crowd all jumped up and wanted a call for a completely legal play.

There's some good pictures of it on the Flyers website in the Photo Gallery.

Pwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 04:03 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

The worst thing about that hit, is the fact that coburn hardly touches him, I've seen crosby battled through three players and win teh puck. Coburn pushes him and he flops all over the ice looking for a penalty.

bob was very good in the first two periods tonight, He was also very, very lucky. We were lucky it was the first game of the season, because you could definitly tell that Malkin and crosby were not on form .

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 04:20 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
The worst thing about that hit, is the fact that coburn hardly touches him, I've seen crosby battled through three players and win teh puck. Coburn pushes him and he flops all over the ice looking for a penalty.

bob was very good in the first two periods tonight, He was also very, very lucky. We were lucky it was the first game of the season, because you could definitly tell that Malkin and crosby were not on form .
Like I said in another thread: you create your own luck. If Bob doesn't make the quality stops that he did, it is no longer "lucky" that those shots hit the post. It would merely mean the difference between a convincing victory for the Pens and a blowout victory for them.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 04:27 AM
chaosof99*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwood View Post
Timonen had a very similar hit on Crosby tonight as well. Pens fans in the crowd all jumped up and wanted a call for a completely legal play.

Oh sweet zombie jesus. That photo gallery also has an image of some ****ing idiot's tatoo of Talbot doing the "shhhh"

There is actually a couple of Photos of Timonen and Crosby engaging in combat. Unfortunately most of them don't make Kimmo look too good. Malkin's still ugly as sin though.

Old
10-08-2010, 04:27 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Coburn and Hartnell looked like completely different players tonight compared to last regular season. Good to see.

Bob's pretty damn good. As is Giroux.

And Timonen.

Suck on that Consol Energy!!!

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 04:42 AM
The Saw Is the Law

****ing awesome!

Bobrovsky \o/ Giroux, Betts, Briere...

Good game for season opener.

Penguins down

The Saw Is the Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 05:03 AM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
I wonder if this photograph was taken before or after this:
After.
Quote:
NHLFlyers Philadelphia Flyers
2-0 Flyers after two periods. Crosby & Coburn exchanges some words at the end of the period in a scrum... Shots: 24-19 in favor of Pens

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 05:20 AM
Roland of Gilead
The Gunslinger

Never a boring game when Flyers are playing I watch almost every Flyers game last year and I will watch them this year too.

Great start for a season and whats better way to do it than a win against Penquins in their new arena

Roland of Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 05:27 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwood View Post

I know, this happened multiple times. Crosby brings in the puck over the line, does some moves, skates into a Flyer/Flyer takes the body and the entire crowd is immediately demanding a penalty.

Our fans certainly can be very biased, but to me, that just speaks to a total lack of understanding of how the game is played.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 05:36 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
reminds me of this

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 05:37 AM
Mylec 22

Quote:
...... Malkin's still ugly as sin though.

He's a mouth breather deluxe. He looks like the creature from the black lagoon gasping for air.

Mylec 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 06:12 AM
MiD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylec 22 View Post
He's a mouth breather deluxe. He looks like the creature from the black lagoon gasping for air.
come on... he was born and raised in the city which air have all periodic elements in density that human being can't have right to survive...

MiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 06:45 AM
Talbetts

Besideds the obvious....Giroux and Bob....Briere looked great last night!!! Leino too.

It's kind of funny, but it appeared that Richards and Carter may be the shutdown guys on the team and the goal scoring may be left up to others. I'm sure they will get theirs and it isn't that much different than before, but it looked like this was BOTH of their objectives last night. Good game plan if you ask me!

Mezsaros looked slow, but was actually better defensively than I expected...

Bart had a bad turn over but it resulted in a hooking call on Malkin. Besides that, he looked good out there.

This is going to be a FUN year! I will go on record as saying nice work Homer. I really like this crew...

Talbetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 06:58 AM
ToTheNet

Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Quote:
Oh sweet zombie jesus. That photo gallery also has an image of some ****ing idiot's tatoo of Talbot doing the "shhhh"

There is actually a couple of Photos of Timonen and Crosby engaging in combat. Unfortunately most of them don't make Kimmo look too good. Malkin's still ugly as sin though.
Ha, awesome I am in a couple of pics. The one with Briere when he missed on the breakaway chance and Giroux when he gets knocked over when he was coming from behind the net.

ToTheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 07:27 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

The announcers are so obviously biased it's incredible. The Flyers score a goal and they announcers almost sound disappointed. The Pens score a goal and it's ****ing New Year.

ihatebraydenschenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 07:32 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersguy33 View Post
One thing I noticed about Bob was that he likes to play back in his net and goes down a lot. He isnt very tall and on a few occasions there appeared to be a lot of net up top. Shooters are going to pick up on this sooner or later. He needs to stay out a little bit more.
To be expected of a young goalie from Europe... just the way it is. They play a more passive game over there.

He's going to make up for some of those technical flaws with his raw athleticism, on the plus side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post

Crosby's MO. When the play is still live and he has a chance at the net, there's almost no way to knock him down... when the puck gets jarred loose, or he's getting squeezed off... he goes down real easy.

Thus why it's so obvious when he dives. The dude is a beast on his skates... if he doesn't want to hit the ice, he isn't going to.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 07:50 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by galvo View Post
The announcers are so obviously biased it's incredible. The Flyers score a goal and they announcers almost sound disappointed. The Pens score a goal and it's ****ing New Year.
Sounds like a New Year, eh? Like when horns and sirens go off? When the home team scores it always sounds like a new year.

I guess we're going to do the "Versus hates the Flyers" thing even though the Flyers parent corporation owns Versus.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 08:05 AM
chaosof99*

So I'm reading the GDT from the Pens board because I kinda enjoy the wails of agony of my enemies. However, there were actually two hilarious things in it. The first was the Tonya Harding Opponent Elimination Service in the OP of that thread.

The other is Bobrosski:

Old
10-08-2010, 08:13 AM
SilkyMitts

did anybody mention yet, or notice last night how annoying bettman was talking about the new arena, and how the fans were getting used to their new seats, and how eager the fans would be to react to the first goal in the arena? anyone remember any more of his stupid quotes?
could you blow the pens any harder?

good thing briere got the first one.

SilkyMitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 08:14 AM
Kaktus*

If Boucher was in the net we would lose this game. Bob was good but Pens hit 3-4 posts in last nights game.

Richards and Carter need to be split up. A lot of turnovers in this game and some bad penalties like the one by Shelley. We were crap on faceoffs. I thought our D looked good for the most part.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote