HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Down Time? Get To Know Your Fellow HFNYR Board Brethren!

Old
10-08-2010, 09:19 AM
IAMREALITY

vCash: 500
Down Time? Get To Know Your Fellow HFNYR Board Brethren!

So it seems we have some downtime right now, a fleeting luxury that is sure to pass once the puck drops tomorrow night. We all can argue till we wanna punch each other out but at the end of the day we're all NYR fans right? So heck, why not use the downtime to at least find out a little about each other, via a quick game of 20 (# not exact) questions. All answers are optional, of course. Oblige me, if you will?

Favorite current Ranger:

Favorite all time Ranger:

Favorite all time hockey player:

What age were you when you became a Ranger fan?

Anyone in particular you owe becoming a NYR fan to?

Did you actually play hockey growing up? Street, ice and/or school?

Ever build your own goal net as a kid?

NYR bumper/window sticker on your vehicle. Yay or nay?

If yes above, do you purposely pull in front of cars with Devils bumperstickers so that they can see it?

If it were up to you, what song would play in the Garden before the PP started?

'Potvin sucks!'... Time to move on from the chant or funny as ever?

Favorite NYR memory NOT from the '94 season:

Do you have kids and if so, are they hockey fans? NYR fans?

If you were on the rules committee and could change one rule, which one?

Fighting in hockey: Too much, too little, or just right?

Third man in. Toss it out?

Ok cheesy questions time: Favorite tv show?

Favorite munchie during the games?

What'cha drinkin?

Favorite motto/cliche?

Ok. That's about enough. Left 'em blank so they're easy to fill in. I'll put my own answers below instead.

IAMREALITY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMREALITY View Post
Top 7 threads on the board right now we've got 3 overall boring polls, a thread about baseball, one about a tv channel, and one about purchasing tickets. The other, well, is about umm, well, Scott Stajcer possibly taking Hank's job. I digress.

So it seems we have some downtime right now, a fleeting luxury that is sure to pass once the puck drops tomorrow night. We all can argue till we wanna punch each other out but at the end of the day we're all NYR fans right? So heck, why not use the downtime to at least find out a little about each other, via a quick game of 20 (# not exact) questions. All answers are optional, of course. Oblige me, if you will?

Favorite current Ranger: Staal

Favorite all time Ranger: Brian Leetch

Favorite all time hockey player: gotta go with Brian Leetch as well

What age were you when you became a Ranger fan? 6 ('94) is when I really started watching

Anyone in particular you owe becoming a NYR fan to? my dad

Did you actually play hockey growing up? Street, ice and/or school? played roller hockey in various leagues since I was 8, and played in ice hockey club for a year in college

Ever build your own goal net as a kid? not as a kid, as a freshman in college LOL

NYR bumper/window sticker on your vehicle. Yay or nay? meh. I already have a NY Giants bumper sticker so I like to limit my car to one team

If yes above, do you purposely pull in front of cars with Devils bumperstickers so that they can see it?

If it were up to you, what song would play in the Garden before the PP started? The Trooper by Iron Maiden

'Potvin sucks!'... Time to move on from the chant or funny as ever? Never, ever will I get tired of Potvin Sucks

Favorite NYR memory NOT from the '94 season: winning that first playoff series in a LONG time in 2006-2007 against Atlanta

Do you have kids and if so, are they hockey fans? NYR fans? no

Fighting in hockey: Too much, too little, or just right? perfect. NHL needs to stop limiting it

Third man in. Toss it out?

Ok cheesy questions time: Favorite tv show? seinfeld

Favorite munchie during the games? popcorn shrimp

What'cha drinkin? guiness

Favorite motto/cliche?

Ok. That's about enough. Left 'em blank so they're easy to fill in. I'll put my own answers below instead.
inserted in bold

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Balej20*

I'll bite...slow day at work.

Favorite current Ranger: Avery, Gaborik or Callahan...No one stands out for me yet.

Favorite all time Ranger: Mark Messier

Favorite all time hockey player: Mark Messier

What age were you when you became a Ranger fan? 7

Anyone in particular you owe becoming a NYR fan to? My father

Did you actually play hockey growing up? Street, ice and/or school? All of the above. Started playing street, then ice, then school.

Ever build your own goal net as a kid? Of course.

NYR bumper/window sticker on your vehicle. Yay or nay? Yep

If yes above, do you purposely pull in front of cars with Devils bumperstickers so that they can see it? *Islander bumper stickers

If it were up to you, what song would play in the Garden before the PP started? "Hit me with your best shot, FIRE AWAY" I know, lame joke, but they need to shoot the damn puck.

'Potvin sucks!'... Time to move on from the chant or funny as ever? I like how you can go to any sporting event in NY and hear this chant. I think it is over done at Ranger games though. 1 or 2 times is enough.

Favorite NYR memory NOT from the '94 season: That whole '96 season was a fun season to watch as a fan. I had high hopes that year.

Do you have kids and if so, are they hockey fans? NYR fans? Not yet, but they will be (God willing)

If you were on the rules committee and could change one rule, which one? Instigator rule. The sport is too dangerous with the instigator rule. You have to allow guys to stand up for each other and themselves.

Fighting in hockey: Too much, too little, or just right? See above. Need to let the guys settle more on the ice without the officials intervening.

Third man in. Toss it out? Depends.

Ok cheesy questions time: Favorite tv show? The Office

Favorite munchie during the games? Pizza

What'cha drinkin? Right now? Nothing. During a game? I try to go with a Bud Ice or a Molson (2 hockey beers).

Favorite motto/cliche? "100% of the shots you don't take, don't go in - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 09:36 AM
IAMREALITY

Favorite current Ranger: Sean Avery.

Favorite all time Ranger: Tie Domi. He's why I became a NYR Fan.

Favorite all time hockey player: Mike Richter. Class beyond class.

What age were you when you became a Ranger fan? I think I was maybe 16?

Anyone in particular you owe becoming a NYR fan to? My best friend's father. Disgustingly enough I started as an Isles fan. He was a huge NYR fan. Every time I was over my friend's house he was watching the games. Before I knew it, I knew more Rangers than Islanders. Before I knew it, I fell in love with Tie Domi.

Did you actually play hockey growing up? Street, ice and/or school? Street hockey all the time, sometimes would rent Mennen Arena for some ice hockey. Never played for school.

Ever build your own goal net as a kid? Yup. First one was a mess. Second try was awesome! Nice solid wooden frame with real netting.

NYR bumper/window sticker on your vehicle. Yay or nay? Hell yeah.

If yes above, do you purposely pull in front of cars with Devils bumperstickers so that they can see it? Just can't help myself.

If it were up to you, what song would play in the Garden before the PP started? Thunderstruck, AC/DC

'Potvin sucks!'... Time to move on from the chant or funny as ever? Gonna change my answer to it's NYR tradition. Maybe not do it so much, but keep it.

Favorite NYR memory NOT from the '94 season: Being at Wayne Gretzky's last game, having the poster I made showed on the big screen for what seemed like forever, and actually not only making eye contact with Wayne as he skated his goodbye laps, but even getting a salute back from him after I gave him one.

Do you have kids and if so, are they hockey fans? NYR fans? 2 kids, 5 and 6, both this year sitting down with me for the games. They don't have a clue and can barely pay attention; but they're trying. So far they both love the Rangers and it melts my heart when they blurt "Let's go Rangers!" out of nowhere.

If you were on the rules committee and could change/create one rule, which one? Take away icing altogether. Runner up? Trapezoid = stupid.

Fighting in hockey: Too much, too little, or just right? I would like to see just a little bit more than it's been trending. Fighting is part of hockey. Screw the pundits who want to remove it from the game.

Third man in. Toss it out? Toss it out.

Ok cheesy questions time: Favorite tv show? 24. Oh how I'll miss that show.

Favorite munchie during the games? Raisin Bran Crunch. Just can't stop.

What'cha drinkin? Coke. If alcoholic, then MGD.

Favorite motto/cliche? What you tolerate you teach.

Last edited by IAMREALITY: 10-08-2010 at 10:03 AM.
IAMREALITY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 09:37 AM
Camenzuli

Favorite current Ranger:Henrik Lundquist, Artem Anisimov and Sean Avery

Favorite all time Ranger:Jaromir Jagr

Favorite all time hockey player:Jaromir Jagr

What age were you when you became a Ranger fan?16

Anyone in particular you owe becoming a NYR fan to?My friend had a NYR towel and I liked the logo

Did you actually play hockey growing up? Street, ice and/or school? I have skated twice in my life, so no

Ever build your own goal net as a kid?A football one

NYR bumper/window sticker on your vehicle. Yay or nay? My company leased car is so ****** it would be an insult to the Rangers so no, not yet

If yes above, do you purposely pull in front of cars with Devils bumperstickers so that they can see it? Check previous answer

If it were up to you, what song would play in the Garden before the PP started? NYR Goal song? Bit of a jinx maybe but it would be kinda funny

'Potvin sucks!'... Time to move on from the chant or funny as ever? Live in Holland so don't get to games more than max twice a season so don't really hear it enough to hate it to be fair

Favorite NYR memory NOT from the '94 season:Avery vs Brodeur playoff series

Do you have kids and if so, are they hockey fans? NYR fans? Not that I'm aware of

If you were on the rules committee and could change one rule, which one?Extra two minutes for causing bleeding, most stupid rule in sports, EVER

Fighting in hockey: Too much, too little, or just right? Just right I guess

Third man in. Toss it out? Yeah

Ok cheesy questions time: Favorite tv show?Seinfeld, South Park, Two and a half men etc etc

Favorite munchie during the games? Salted, buttered popcorn, nachos, pizza

What'cha drinkin? Guinness

Favorite motto/cliche? "For every bang we're a ****** short", Billy Connoly

Camenzuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 09:38 AM
pwoz

Favorite current Ranger: DZ

Favorite all time Ranger: Graves AND Leetch.. I can't choose

Favorite all time hockey player: Besides Gretzky, Bure

What age were you when you became a Ranger fan? 3

Anyone in particular you owe becoming a NYR fan to? dad, cousins, and uncles

Did you actually play hockey growing up? Street, ice and/or school? ice, but got hurt when i was 12 so stuck to street.. now way out of shape but want to get back into it

Ever build your own goal net as a kid? yup, w/ help from dad

NYR bumper/window sticker on your vehicle. Yay or nay? not yet

If yes above, do you purposely pull in front of cars with Devils bumperstickers so that they can see it? i would absolutely

If it were up to you, what song would play in the Garden before the PP started? SLAYER - ANGEL OF DEATH or WAR ENSEMBLE or Cannibal Corpse - HAMMER SMASHED FACE stop with the pansy techno junk

'Potvin sucks!'... Time to move on from the chant or funny as ever? only do it when FL visits or we play the Piles

Favorite NYR memory NOT from the '94 season: Can't remember the date, but Graves was on the PK and held the puck against the boards behind the opponents net for like 90 seconds straight.. he got a HUGE ovation

Do you have kids and if so, are they hockey fans? NYR fans? no kids

If you were on the rules committee and could change one rule, which one? get rid of the shootout, bring back ties, and introduce the 3 point system.. oh and get rid of the stupid cap and dump the 6 poorest teams from the league

Fighting in hockey: Too much, too little, or just right? too little

Third man in. Toss it out? i want to see bench-clearing brawls

Ok cheesy questions time: Favorite tv show? Lost but now that it's over anything on the Discovery Channel

Favorite munchie during the games? chicken tenders

What'cha drinkin? Hoogaarden

Favorite motto/cliche? Occam's Razor

pwoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 09:40 AM
mullichicken25

Favorite current Ranger: right now its Staal

Favorite all time Ranger: Leetch

Favorite all time hockey player: Leetch

What age were you when you became a Ranger fan? i dont have any memoried of NOT being a fan. So i'll assume since birth!

Anyone in particular you owe becoming a NYR fan to? my dad

Did you actually play hockey growing up? Street, ice and/or school? yes, both ice in street... for town, club, highscool, and college

Ever build your own goal net as a kid? are you kidding? anyone who answers "no" was never really a hockey player

NYR bumper/window sticker on your vehicle. Yay or nay? nay..not a big fan of stickers on my car

If yes above, do you purposely pull in front of cars with Devils bumperstickers so that they can see it? hahaha, i dont but thats a good idea

If it were up to you, what song would play in the Garden before the PP started? with the way the PP has looked in recent history i'd go with Benny Hill music

'Potvin sucks!'... Time to move on from the chant or funny as ever? love it...however, once or twice a game is plenty...and i think you should have to audition to whistle...nothings worse than some pathetic, weak whistle that doesn't even get the tune right

Favorite NYR memory NOT from the '94 season: my first game ever, cant recall the year or game even but Ray Ferraro netted a hatrick and it was awesome...or my GF (now fiance) taking me to a random game that ended up being the 15 round shootout vs the caps!

Do you have kids and if so, are they hockey fans? NYR fans? negative on the kids

If you were on the rules committee and could change one rule, which one? insitgator probablly

Fighting in hockey: Too much, too little, or just right? ehh...i dont have a problem with the quantity, its the way fighting is done in the NHL now that i dont like

Third man in. Toss it out? nah, a fight is between 2 people...and if it starts with a cheap shot like gabby's last year...its worth getting tossed to beat the s#$t out of the guy

Ok cheesy questions time: Favorite tv show? the office, or maybe how i met your mother

Favorite munchie during the games? beer

What'cha drinkin? see above...or a gin 'n tonic if i feel like being classy

Favorite motto/cliche? defense wins championships!

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 09:48 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:

Favorite current Ranger: Lundqvist

Favorite all time hockey player: Robin Carruthers

What age were you when you became a Ranger fan? 14

Anyone in particular you owe becoming a NYR fan to? Nope

Did you actually play hockey growing up? Street, ice and/or school? Prep and NCAA hockey.

Ever build your own goal net as a kid? I used a pitching ball return device turned sideways once.

NYR bumper/window sticker on your vehicle. Yay or nay? No, got one for the Giants, need a Rangers one.

If yes above, do you purposely pull in front of cars with Devils bumperstickers so that they can see it? There arent really any Devil fans in my area.

If it were up to you, what song would play in the Garden before the PP started? They play "hit the road, Jack", at Appleton so that would be nice.

'Potvin sucks!'... Time to move on from the chant or funny as ever? If the fans keep doing it then fine with me

Favorite NYR memory NOT from the '94 season: Rozsival 2OT goal vs Buffalo; 2007

Do you have kids and if so, are they hockey fans? NYR fans?

If you were on the rules committee and could change one rule, which one? European sized ice rinks, maybe.

Fighting in hockey: Too much, too little, or just right? I think its fine the way it is.

Third man in. Toss it out? Needs to be discretionary I.E. Rozsival-Drury incident

Ok cheesy questions time: Favorite tv show? South Park

Favorite munchie during the games? What else? Frozen Pizza

What'cha drinkin? Heineken

Favorite motto/cliche? Anything Joe Marsh ever said

Filled in bold

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 09:50 AM
FultonReed
ew, you did what?

Quote:

Favorite current Ranger: it's a toss up between Hank, Staal and Callahan

Favorite all time Ranger: Leetch

What age were you when you became a Ranger fan? 4

Anyone in particular you owe becoming a NYR fan to? the 1994 Stanley Cup Champions. but i thank my father for showing me hockey altogether.

Did you actually play hockey growing up? Street, ice and/or school? street hockey with my friends whenever/wherever we could

Ever build your own goal net as a kid? nah we borrowed the older kids' nets whenever they weren't being used. EDIT: does the whole 'situating a garbage can so it doesn't roll over in the wind' thing count?

NYR bumper/window sticker on your vehicle. Yay or nay? no vehicle

If it were up to you, what song would play in the Garden before the PP started? Enter Sandman? lol i really don't know

'Potvin sucks!'... Time to move on from the chant or funny as ever? should be only when we play the Islanders, but once a game works.

Favorite NYR memory NOT from the '94 season: going to my first game when i was 9

Do you have kids and if so, are they hockey fans? NYR fans? too young! lol

If you were on the rules committee and could change one rule, which one? that stupid effin trapezoid.

Fighting in hockey: Too much, too little, or just right? could use a little more, i think. if there's bad blood, there will be fights. but if players really wanna fight, the refs should allow them to.

Third man in. Toss it out? if there's a third man in, there should be a fourth man in from the other team. what ever happened to sticking up for your team? but yeah, the rule is stupid and should be tossed. not every guy can fight and if he's being picked on and someone steps in, then so be it.

Ok cheesy questions time: Favorite tv show? hockey o_O but if i had to pick, Leverage.

Favorite munchie during the games? whatever's around, really. nothing in particular.

What'cha drinkin? seltzer

Favorite motto/cliche? Ducks fly together! lol no...i don't really have one. i have to look into that.
not a bad idea, IAMREALITY. we don't really have much to talk about until tomorrow night, anyway.

Last edited by FultonReed: 10-08-2010 at 09:55 AM.
FultonReed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 09:50 AM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Favorite current Ranger: Callahan/Lundqvist

Favorite all time Ranger: Beukeboom/Richter

Favorite all time hockey player: Forsberg(avs/nords)

What age were you when you became a Ranger fan? 12

Anyone in particular you owe becoming a NYR fan to? Friends at the tie

Did you actually play hockey growing up? Street, ice and/or school? Ice, club team, Bear Mountain

Ever build your own goal net as a kid? Garbage pail

NYR bumper/window sticker on your vehicle. Yay or nay? Yay, 4" logo in bottom corner of rear window.

If yes above, do you purposely pull in front of cars with Devils bumperstickers so that they can see it? once or twice.

If it were up to you, what song would play in the Garden before the PP started? first 30sec of Master of Puppets.

'Potvin sucks!'... Time to move on from the chant or funny as ever? 19-40 became irrelevant in 1994 but Potvin will always suck.

Favorite NYR memory NOT from the '94 season: Dan Cloutier giving Tommy Salo a reason to never cross the red line again.

Do you have kids and if so, are they hockey fans? NYR fans? Yes, 2, NYR fans.

If you were on the rules committee and could change one rule, which one? 3rd man in.

Fighting in hockey: Too much, too little, or just right? just right.

Third man in. Toss it out? see above. actually thought of it before I got this far, props to me.

Ok cheesy questions time: Favorite tv show? Family Guy

Favorite munchie during the games? Left over dinner

What'cha drinkin? Sam Adams

Favorite motto/cliche? "Common sense, is not so common."

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 09:52 AM
acapps10

Favorite current Ranger: Dubinsky

Favorite all time Ranger: Messier

Favorite all time hockey player: Messier

What age were you when you became a Ranger fan? Day I was born

Anyone in particular you owe becoming a NYR fan to? Dad

Did you actually play hockey growing up? Street, ice and/or school? All of the above

Ever build your own goal net as a kid? Of course

NYR bumper/window sticker on your vehicle. Yay or nay? Yeash

If yes above, do you purposely pull in front of cars with Devils bumperstickers so that they can see it? HAHA yes good to see I'm not the only one

If it were up to you, what song would play in the Garden before the PP started? Opeth - The Leper Affinity

'Potvin sucks!'... Time to move on from the chant or funny as ever? I see no reason to move on

Favorite NYR memory NOT from the '94 season: Finally making the playoffs in 05/06

Do you have kids and if so, are they hockey fans? NYR fans? Not yet, but it will be force fed to them

If you were on the rules committee and could change one rule, which one? I didn't mind the clutching and grabbing and old time hockey of the 90's, so that and the trapezoid

Fighting in hockey: Too much, too little, or just right? Too little

Third man in. Toss it out? Depends

Ok cheesy questions time: Favorite tv show? Arrested Development/The Office/Californication

Favorite munchie during the games? Don't eat while watching the games, I'm on the edge of my seat glued to the screen

What'cha drinkin? Tea? Haha

Favorite motto/cliche? "You miss 100% of the shots you dont take" -Wayne Gretzky -Michael Scott

acapps10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 09:52 AM
DA 17

Favorite current Ranger: Gaborik

Favorite all time Ranger: Jeff Beukeboom

Favorite all time hockey player: Gretzky

What age were you when you became a Ranger fan? 14

Anyone in particular you owe becoming a NYR fan to? My friend I met in Highschool converted me from Darkside (Debbies)

Did you actually play hockey growing up? Street, ice and/or school? Yes, playes since i was 8

Ever build your own goal net as a kid? Put one togher

NYR bumper/window sticker on your vehicle. Yay or nay? Sticker

If yes above, do you purposely pull in front of cars with Devils bumperstickers so that they can see it? Absolutely

If it were up to you, what song would play in the Garden before the PP started? Sandstorm

'Potvin sucks!'... Time to move on from the chant or funny as ever? Funny as ever

Favorite NYR memory NOT from the '94 season: Sweep of Atlanta

Do you have kids and if so, are they hockey fans? NYR fans? No kids

If you were on the rules committee and could change one rule, which one? let play get more physical

Fighting in hockey: Too much, too little, or just right? Too Little

Third man in. Toss it out? No

Ok cheesy questions time: Favorite tv show? Its always Sunny in Philadelphia

Favorite munchie during the games? Sour cream and onion chips

What'cha drinkin?

Favorite motto/cliche? We played hard, shots just didnt go in tonight

DA 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 09:55 AM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88

Favorite current Ranger: Henrik Lundqvist

Favorite all time hockey player: Brian Leetch

What age were you when you became a Ranger fan? Whole Life

Anyone in particular you owe becoming a NYR fan to? Grandfather

Did you actually play hockey growing up? Street, ice and/or school? Some Street

Ever build your own goal net as a kid? No

NYR bumper/window sticker on your vehicle. Yay or nay? Of course!! And license plate cover

If yes above, do you purposely pull in front of cars with Devils bumperstickers so that they can see it? lol, so funny and so true, but mostly Islander stickers. No Devil fans where I live

If it were up to you, what song would play in the Garden before the PP started? No preference

'Potvin sucks!'... Time to move on from the chant or funny as ever? Ranger tradition--keep it going

Favorite NYR memory NOT from the '94 season: Marc Staal's goal with under 2 minutes in regulation against NJ in playoffs Game 3 2008

Do you have kids and if so, are they hockey fans? NYR fans? No Kids

If you were on the rules committee and could change one rule, which one? 3 point games

Fighting in hockey: Too much, too little, or just right? Just right

Third man in. Toss it out? No preference

Ok cheesy questions time: Favorite tv show? Monk

Favorite munchie during the games? Cant eat during the game, if they score my food will end up all over the place

What'cha drinkin? Same deal

Favorite motto/cliche? None

And Im adding one: Season ticket holder?? YOU BET

Lets Go Rangers!!!

10-08-2010, 09:55 AM
FOXHOUND*

Favorite current Ranger: Callahan

Favorite all time Ranger: Real American Hero Brian Leetch

Favorite all time hockey player: see above

What age were you when you became a Ranger fan? From the womb

Anyone in particular you owe becoming a NYR fan to? Dad and city

Did you actually play hockey growing up?* Street, ice and/or school? Street, some ice

Ever build your own goal net as a kid? I improvised a few times yes

NYR bumper/window sticker on your vehicle.* Yay or nay? Yay but I don't have one

Nah, I run them off the road haha

If it were up to you, what song would play in the Garden before the PP started? "One Big Holiday" by My Morning Jacket - awesome build up in the begining

'Potvin sucks!'... Time to move on from the chant or funny as ever?* It's less about Potvin and more of a fan chant now to rally the team.* Keep it, its part of our history.

Favorite NYR memory NOT from the '94 season:* Meeting Brian Leetch after his girlfriend took us to the game, and then him apologizing to us for not winning, and then Gretzky walked into the room

Do you have kids and if so, are they hockey fans?* NYR fans? No kids

If you were on the rules committee and could change one rule, which one? Instigator

Fighting in hockey:* Too much, too little, or just right? Just right

Third man in.* Toss it out?* Yup

Ok cheesy questions time:* Favorite tv show?* Right now probably "Locked Up Abroad", but off all time 2 - "John from Cincinnati" and "The Wire"

Favorite munchie during the games? I usually don't eat during the game

What'cha drinkin? Bud Heavy, PBR, Stella

Favorite motto/cliche?* "I'm Drunk"

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 10:00 AM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

PWOZ.

I was goona say War Essamble too but figured Master of Puppets was a little more, pop music. Reign in Bloods intro would be sick though.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 10:02 AM
pwoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCollarBlueBlood View Post
PWOZ.

I was goona say War Essamble too but figured Master of Puppets was a little more, pop music. Reign in Bloods intro would be sick though.

They need to listen to Slayer before the game starts and between periods. Nothing gets the adrenaline going like SLLLAAYYYEEERR!!!!

pwoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Favorite current Ranger: Hank

Favorite all time Ranger: Eddie Giacomin

Favorite all time hockey player: Ron Harris

What age were you when you became a Ranger fan? 5

Did you actually play hockey growing up? Street, ice and/or school? Yes

Ever build your own goal net as a kid? Yes

NYR bumper/window sticker on your vehicle. Yay

If yes above, do you purposely pull in front of cars with Devils bumperstickers so that they can see it? Yes

If it were up to you, what song would play in the Garden before the PP started? Ranger goal song

'Potvin sucks!'... Time to move on from the chant or funny as ever? Time to move on

Favorite NYR memory NOT from the '94 season: 1973 Playoffs vs Flyers

Do you have kids and if so, are they hockey fans? NYR fans? Yes and Yes

Fighting in hockey: Too much, too little, or just right? More

Third man in. Toss it out? Negative

Ok cheesy questions time: Favorite tv show? Band of brothers

Favorite munchie during the games? Bavarian pretzels

What'cha drinkin? Schaeffer

Favorite motto/cliche? Now I can die in peace!

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FultonReed
ew, you did what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCollarBlueBlood View Post
PWOZ.

true story. that's why i said Enter Sandman lol

FultonReed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 10:09 AM
ogie

Favorite current Ranger: Marc Staal

Favorite all time Ranger: Leetch / Buekeboom

What age were you when you became a Ranger fan? Birth, but didn't really become a big fan until like 1991 or 92.

Anyone in particular you owe becoming a NYR fan to? The kids in my hood that introduced me to street hockey and were huge Ranger fans

Did you actually play hockey growing up? Street, ice and/or school? yes.

Ever build your own goal net as a kid? yup.

NYR bumper/window sticker on your vehicle. Yay or nay? I think i'd get arrested if i put stickers on the bus.

If yes above, do you purposely pull in front of cars with Devils bumperstickers so that they can see it? I try to tell the bus driver to do that all the time... he never listens.

If it were up to you, what song would play in the Garden before the PP started? Search and Destroy by Iggy Pop

'Potvin sucks!'... Time to move on from the chant or funny as ever? I think it still has its place. But not 100 times a game. And i wish that we could change it up once and a while like if playing the pens "crosby sucks" etc.

Favorite NYR memory NOT from the '94 season: my first game.

Do you have kids and if so, are they hockey fans? NYR fans? I can hardly take care of myself, let alone a child.

If you were on the rules committee and could change one rule, which one? I'd like to see them change icing, to either no touch, or a hybrid.

Fighting in hockey: Too much, too little, or just right? Spontaneous fighting ok, having guys on the roster whos sole purpose is to fight needs to go away.

Third man in. Toss it out? no way, third man in deserves a game misconduct.

Ok cheesy questions time: Favorite tv show? The wire.

Favorite munchie during the games? Cotton Candy.... yup i'm that guy.

What'cha drinkin? Dr.Pepper

Favorite motto/cliche? "fortune favors the bold"

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 10:12 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Favorite current Ranger: Ryan Callahan

Favorite all time Ranger: Mark Messier

Favorite all time hockey player: From just reading about him, Gordie Howe. From seeing him play, Messier..who was a modern day Gordie.

What age were you when you became a Ranger fan? 12

Anyone in particular you owe becoming a NYR fan to? My father

Did you actually play hockey growing up? Street, ice and/or school? Some street hockey with friends.

Ever build your own goal net as a kid? No, unfortunately not.

NYR bumper/window sticker on your vehicle. Yay or nay? Nay, but I have the plastic license plate ring thingy!

If yes above, do you purposely pull in front of cars with Devils bumperstickers so that they can see it? Haha…no, but I should, particularly with my wife’s car!

If it were up to you, what song would play in the Garden before the PP started? “Help!” from the Beatles, cause they need it!

'Potvin sucks!'... Time to move on from the chant or funny as ever? Need to tone it down to once, twice a period at most..not every 5 minutes!!

Favorite NYR memory NOT from the '94 season: Rosival OT winner against Buffalo

Do you have kids and if so, are they hockey fans? NYR fans? Not yet..but they will be hockey fans..unfortunately, will have to battle my Devil fan wife for rooting interests though!

If you were on the rules committee and could change one rule, which one? The length of overtime, and getting a point for losing in OT..5 minutes is nowhere near enough time, and getting a point for losing makes ZERO sense!

Fighting in hockey: Too much, too little, or just right? Would like a little more.

Third man in. Toss it out? Certain times, it should be allowed. Especially when a piece of garbage like Carcillo deliberately seeks out and goes after someone like Gaborik, and no one is allowed to step in and break it up.

Ok cheesy questions time: Favorite tv show? Currently: Sons of Anarchy. All time: 24

Favorite munchie during the games? Chips and salsa

What'cha drinkin? A nice, dark lager to go with it.

Favorite motto/cliche? Thaaaat’s what she said!

Adding my own:

Fun Fact: As indicated above..married to a die hard Devils fan

Last edited by TonyTheGr8: 10-08-2010 at 10:19 AM.
TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 10:21 AM
NYRMatt

Favorite current Ranger: Michael Del Zotto, Henrik Lundqvist

Favorite all-time Ranger: Jaromir Jagr, Brian Leetch

Favorite all time hockey player: Jaromir Jagr

What age were you when you became a Ranger fan? 13

Anyone in particular you owe becoming a NYR fan to? My big brother and my dad, they've have been Ranger fans there whole entire life, I never really got hooked until I went to my first game at the Garden. I'm obsessed.

Did you actually play hockey growing up? Street, ice and/or school? Street hockey on foot for about 5 years with friends and I'm currently looking to join a roller hockey team at the local SportsPlex in Pennsylvania.

Ever build your own goal net as a kid? My dad built one for my big brother not too long ago, it's still in fantastic shape.

NYR bumper/window sticker on your vehicle. Yay or nay? Not yet!

If yes above, do you purposely pull in front of cars with Devils bumperstickers so that they can see it? No Devils fans here in Pennsylvania, but you can be damn sure that I will pull in front of any Flyers fan with my car when I get a NYR bumper sticker.

If it were up to you, what song would play in the Garden before the PP started? Any Linkin Park song!

'Potvin sucks!'... Time to move on from the chant or funny as ever? I hate it and even though I live in PA, I find ways to get to the Garden as much as I can, it's such a brutal chant. Time to move on...

Favorite NYR memory NOT from the '94 season: Marek Malik shootout goal/shootout vs. the Capitals

Do you have kids and if so, are they hockey fans? NYR fans? I'm 18 so uhh... Having a kid isn't exactly in my plans right now. But when I do, he'll bleed blue.

If you were on the rules committee and could change one rule, which one? The 'Sean Avery' Rule, of course! I would love to see that used in games more often.

Fighting in hockey: Too much, too little, or just right? Just right.

Third man in. Toss it out? Yes

Ok cheesy questions time: Favorite tv show? The Event, Glee, Degrassi, World of Jenks, The Buried Life, V, House, Make it or Break it, and NHL on the Fly.

Favorite munchie during the games? Chips

What'cha drinkin? Iced Tea / Vitamin Water

Favorite motto/cliche? "Teamwork makes the dream work."

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 10:21 AM
TrueBlueNorwegian

Favorite current Ranger: Marc Staal

Favorite all time hockey player: Boom boom Geoffrion

What age were you when you became a Ranger fan? 7 years old

Anyone in particular you owe becoming a NYR fan to? A childhood friend

Did you actually play hockey growing up? Street, ice and/or school?14 seasons. Played through juniors then hung em up

Ever build your own goal net as a kid? Many times. Usually made them out of wood, they didnt last very long lol. We shattered at least three or four of them every winter

NYR bumper/window sticker on your vehicle. Yay or nay? Yay but have yet to buy one

If yes above, do you purposely pull in front of cars with Devils bumperstickers so that they can see it? Definitely

If it were up to you, what song would play in the Garden before the PP started? Metallica - enter sandman

'Potvin sucks!'... Time to move on from the chant or funny as ever? That chant is entrenched in the garden, I hope it never stops

Favorite NYR memory NOT from the '94 season: My second game ever at the garden. Rangers crush Tampa Bay Lightning 5-2 Drury with the hat trick. Also loved the a-hole chants directed at Mike Smith when he dropped his gloves and started punching Voros infront of their net. And of course the after party at blarney rocks (is that what the place is called?). All together an awesome experience for a small town boy from Norway

Do you have kids and if so, are they hockey fans? NYR fans? No kids yet

If you were on the rules committee and could change one rule, which one? The instigator rule

Fighting in hockey: Too much, too little, or just right? Just right

Third man in. Toss it out? It depends. If an opponent goes after a star ala Carcillo vs Gabby last year, i think you should be allowed to jump in with out any additional punishment other than a 5 minute major. You have to be able to protect your stars from rats like Carcillo, Cooke, Clutterbuck, Lapierre etc

Ok cheesy questions time: Favorite tv show? The office

Favorite munchie during the games? Nachos

What'cha drinkin? Molson Canadian

Favorite motto/cliche? No pain, no game

TrueBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 10:38 AM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 0

Favorite current Ranger: Marian Gaborik

Favorite all time Ranger: Theoren Fleury

Favorite all time hockey player: Wayne Gretzky

What age were you when you became a Ranger fan?: 5

Anyone in particular you owe becoming a NYR fan to?: my dad

Did you actually play hockey growing up? Street, ice and/or school? street

Ever build your own goal net as a kid? no but i owned a couple

NYR bumper/window sticker on your vehicle. Yay or nay? i'd love to get one

If it were up to you, what song would play in the Garden before the PP started?: Master of Puppets - Metallica

'Potvin sucks!'... Time to move on from the chant or funny as ever?: it works for me

Favorite NYR memory NOT from the '94 season: zherdev tying it up against the pens last year with like 8 seconds left and then winning that game in a shootout

Do you have kids and if so, are they hockey fans? NYR fans? No kids

Fighting in hockey: Too much, too little, or just right? just right

Third man in. Toss it out? no keep it

Ok cheesy questions time: Favorite tv show? Law and Order: Svu

Favorite munchie during the games? frozen pizza

What'cha drinkin? Water

Favorite motto/cliche? "if it's not broke, don't fix it."

Net Front Presence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 10:43 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Favorite current Ranger: The King

Favorite all time Ranger(s): The King, Kovalev, Richter, Bure, Tikkanen

Favorite all time hockey player: Kovalev..and then came The King

What age were you when you became a Ranger fan? Dad bred me from birth, following since beginning of 1993-1994 (Second grade, boys were either ********/playing power rangers or started studying pro sports..ended up a great first season to follow!).

Did you actually play hockey growing up? Street, ice and/or school? YEP! ...and - I - play - air hockey, ball hockey, barn hockey, bubble hockey, field hockey, floor hockey, ice hockey, kitchen hockey, road hockey, roller hockey, table hockey, twist hockey....

Ever build your own goal net as a kid? nope, thx Franklin!

NYR bumper/window sticker on your vehicle. Yay or nay? HELL YEA! Sticker chrome lookin emblems for NYR NYG AND NYY....

If yes above, do you purposely pull in front of cars with Devils bumperstickers so that they can see it? ..and/or any other sports sticker, yes.

If it were up to you, what song would play in the Garden before the PP started?
The Shortest Straw by MetallicA or Dechristianize by Vital Remains

'Potvin sucks!'... Time to move on from the chant or funny as ever?
Keeper...

Favorite NYR memory NOT from the '94 season:
B4 lockout, the game with Fleury and McCarthy killing the islanders. (F-in chicken!)
Recently-being at the 15 round SO, or the 18,000+ screaming "Crosby Sucks" for game 4

Do you have kids and if so, are they hockey fans? NYR fans? None yet.

weakass Hooking/Holding calls

Fighting in hockey: Too much, too little, or just right? too little or too staged.

Third man in. Toss it out? depends.

Ok cheesy questions time: Favorite tv show? It's Always Sunny and Eastbound and Down.

Favorite munchie during the games? Depends on whats giving the munchies!

What'cha drinkin? Magic Hat No.9

Favorite motto/cliche? "The F-in you're gonna get, ain't worth the F-in you're gonna get!" -Bob Yandolino

Last edited by CHGoalie27: 10-08-2010 at 10:50 AM.
CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 10:48 AM
drewcon40

Wow, I really am enjoying reading everyone's. Never realized the range of ages on this board.

Favorite current Ranger: Sean Avery

Favorite all time Ranger: Brian Leetch (Honerable mention Pat Hickey)

Favorite all time hockey player: Wow, I am going to force myself to pick a player who has never played for the Rangers and say Cam Neely. But I loved so many Rangers.

What age were you when you became a Ranger fan? 5

Did you actually play hockey growing up? Street, ice and/or school? Ice Hockey on Long Island, Superior Ice Rink - Kings Park, NY (Many early 5am drives to Exit SM3A off the Sagtikos)

Ever build your own goal net as a kid? Yes

NYR bumper/window sticker on your vehicle. Yay or nay? Not now, but yes.

If it were up to you, what song would play in the Garden before the PP started? Hmmm, good question. I am sure I would change my mind a million times but the one that popped into my head was "Stop" by Janes Addiction.

'Potvin sucks!'... Time to move on from the chant or funny as ever? Just a little less. That and keep the "Let's Go Rangers" scream that is snuck between the National Anthem.

Favorite NYR memory NOT from the '94 season: Wow, one? I remember the night when we got Messier the first time and felt we just became instant contenders as we made the playoffs consitently but Mess made us favorites. For some reason, in 91-92, a home game against the Islanders. Graves scores a hatrick, Domi scores and rides the stick, Rangers were wearing blue at home for the 75th Anniversry season. Fights with Domi, Baumgartner, Kris King, Vukota. It was Valentine's Day and a Friday night. (No girlfriend). I wasn't at the game but it was so memorable. We just handed a beating to our rivals and actually thought there is no way we don't win the cup this year.

Do you have kids and if so, are they hockey fans? NYR fans? Yes, he is 3 and loves hockey.

If you were on the rules committee and could change one rule, which one? The rules from the late 80s / early 90s are fine. I'd take way the two-line pass but allow fighting again.

Fighting in hockey: Too much, too little, or just right? too little. I subscribe to the Dagoon theory on fighting.

Third man in. Toss it out? Penalty for a 3rd man in.

Ok cheesy questions time: Favorite tv show? Seinfeld is an easy yet cannot answer otherwise. At 35, must be a mid-life thing, I can't keep my eyes off the Jersey Shore.

Favorite munchie during the games?
At a bar - wings, home - popcorn.

What'cha drinkin?
At a bar - Beer
Home - usually Iced Tea

Favorite motto/cliche?
Respect is earned.

Roddy Piper 1984 - "Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions."

Last edited by drewcon40: 10-08-2010 at 10:54 AM.
drewcon40 is offline   Reply With Quote