HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(Part Two) #1: Flyers @ Penguins - Thursday, Oct. 7, 2010 -

Old
10-08-2010, 08:36 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
So I'm reading the GDT from the Pens board because I kinda enjoy the wails of agony of my enemies. However, there were actually two hilarious things in it. The first was the Tonya Harding Opponent Elimination Service in the OP of that thread.

The other is Bobrosski:
LOL - that's great!

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 08:37 AM
4thline4life
The Mased God

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarcillosMustache View Post
did anybody mention yet, or notice last night how annoying bettman was talking about the new arena, and how the fans were getting used to their new seats, and how eager the fans would be to react to the first goal in the arena? anyone remember any more of his stupid quotes?
could you blow the pens any harder?

good thing briere got the first one.
"it's not loud as it usually is because the fans are still getting used to their seats"...i think everyone i was watching the game with simultaneously said **** bettman.

4thline4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 08:37 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
First game of the season and my computer decides to take a powder. Love that we beat the Pens in their home opener in their brand new arena.

How did Carter look on the wing? I remember we tried that a few years ago and it didn't work out then; any changes?

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 08:38 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
I wonder if this photograph was taken before or after this:
I loved that play - it's one of the few times Coburn forgot about the puck, focused on the jersey logo, and knocked the puck carrier on his butt. Here's hoping he continues to do that.

Old
10-08-2010, 08:40 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemen View Post
"it's not loud as it usually is because the fans are still getting used to their seats"...i think everyone i was watching the game with simultaneously said **** bettman.
I like how he made a point of mentioning that they have SO many season ticketholders in Pittsburgh. Yeah... where were those throngs of "fans" in 2003?

Old
10-08-2010, 08:48 AM
MCAKES

they hit a few posts themselves. 3 i believe

MCAKES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 08:53 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
I loved that play - it's one of the few times Coburn forgot about the puck, focused on the jersey logo, and knocked the puck carrier on his butt. Here's hoping he continues to do that.
Yeah, I've been waiting for Coburn to start asserting himself physically. He has all the tools (weapons in this case); guy just needs to use them.

Old
10-08-2010, 09:04 AM
97FlyersKing18

I thought it was funny during the Versus telecast when Doc was talking about how Sid and Mario were the first two players on the ice. He said something of the effect that they "made sure they both stepped on the ice at the same time". Did they hold eachother's hands as they stepped on the new ice, or is that only when they go out on dates in public?

97FlyersKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Nekz
Let's Go Rangers!

Send a message via AIM to Nekz
Quote:
I wonder if this photograph was taken before or after this:

Congrats on beating the pens on their home opener, hell of a game.

Nekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 09:38 AM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
First game of the season and my computer decides to take a powder. Love that we beat the Pens in their home opener in their brand new arena.

How did Carter look on the wing? I remember we tried that a few years ago and it didn't work out then; any changes?
Still atrocious.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Teezax

Well if we've learned one thing after tonight's game is that Giroux is quickly emerging as our go to guy and best player. Besides that, gotta love watching Leino with the puck and how he completely dictates the pace of the game. Sloppy first period but I'll guarantee you we are not going to be an easy team to beat.

Teezax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 10:11 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
Still atrocious.
Wonder if Richards would be better off being the winger and putting Carter back in the middle.

Old
10-08-2010, 10:14 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
I like how he made a point of mentioning that they have SO many season ticketholders in Pittsburgh. Yeah... where were those throngs of "fans" in 2003?
Graduating from Junior High.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 10:15 AM
Jester

Quote:
Wonder if Richards would be better off being the winger and putting Carter back in the middle.
No, we basically need Richards at center, as he's by far and away our best center all-around. Carter should be in the middle, with one of Giroux/Briere on the wing.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 10:23 AM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
No, we basically need Richards at center, as he's by far and away our best center all-around. Carter should be in the middle, with one of Giroux/Briere on the wing.
I was just going to say the exact same thing.

Richards is too good at center not to be there, and Carter is just too bad at wing to be there.

Briere and Giroux can adapt, so one of them is ultimately gonna have to shift.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 10:33 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
I was just going to say the exact same thing.

Richards is too good at center not to be there, and Carter is just too bad at wing to be there.

Briere and Giroux can adapt, so one of them is ultimately gonna have to shift.
I'm inclined to agree, just throwing the idea out there. Though Giroux would look good on the wing with Richards.

Old
10-08-2010, 10:43 AM
McNasty

Quote:
I'm inclined to agree, just throwing the idea out there. Though Giroux would look good on the wing with Richards.
I think that was the plan until Giroux and Zherdev looked so good in the pre season. I didn't really think any of the forward lines were good to the point that they can't be broken up. Obviously you don't start switching lines up after one game, but I expect to see some juggling over this next few games. I think they need to get JVR some powerplay time.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 10:49 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
I think that was the plan until Giroux and Zherdev looked so good in the pre season. I didn't really think any of the forward lines were good to the point that they can't be broken up. Obviously you don't start switching lines up after one game, but I expect to see some juggling over this next few games. I think they need to get JVR some powerplay time.
Yeah, we have a lot of chemistry between players; makes it hard when you have to break them up.

Old
10-08-2010, 11:05 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

impressed with Bobrovsky last night along with everyone else. yeah he did catch some breaks with the iron, but you make your own breaks. He played well enough to get them.
Carter looks awfull on the wing.
If we get this JVR all season I dont think even the harshest critics of him can complain.
Once again we had to put up with the ******** calls. The call on ODonnell on Crosby and once again the refs gave the Pens a PP in the final 2 minutes.
Glad we got the 2 points. bring on the Blues.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 11:30 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97FlyersKing18 View Post
I thought it was funny during the Versus telecast when Doc was talking about how Sid and Mario were the first two players on the ice. He said something of the effect that they "made sure they both stepped on the ice at the same time". Did they hold eachother's hands as they stepped on the new ice, or is that only when they go out on dates in public?
They were able to go on the ice simultaineously b/c they were copulating.....Sid had his boxers on backwards...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Bryz4shiz

Anyone else impressed with O'Donnell? He got that penalty at the end, which was kinda a suspect call, but other than that I thought he looked really good out there.

Bryz4shiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 11:34 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10KeithLeClair25 View Post
Anyone else impressed with O'Donnell? He got that penalty at the end, which was kinda a suspect call, but other than that I thought he looked really good out there.
He crushed Malkin so that made my night......

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 11:36 AM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren
Once again we had to put up with the ******** calls. The call on ODonnell on Crosby and once again the refs gave the Pens a PP in the final 2 minutes.
I agree with the other points in your post, GFH, but I didn't find the officiating that lopsided. Yes, Crosby did his usual embellishment of the tap to his face, also considering he was bent forward. I bet he has Velcro under his armpit to better slip off the glove so he can "check for blood".

However, the calls don't get much chintzier than the Malkin hook that not only put the Flyers on the PP, but snuffed out Malkin alone with the puck in front of Bob. As well, Betts' penalty with <2 min in the game was a lazy stick foul that just makes it too easy for the refs to call. You get your stick up on a player gaining the zone with some speed, you're more often than not going to be called.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 11:42 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
I agree with the other points in your post, GFH, but I didn't find the officiating that lopsided. Yes, Crosby did his usual embellishment of the tap to his face, also considering he was bent forward. I bet he has Velcro under his armpit to better slip off the glove so he can "check for blood".

However, the calls don't get much chintzier than the Malkin hook that not only put the Flyers on the PP, but snuffed out Malkin alone with the puck in front of Bob. As well, Betts' penalty with <2 min in the game was a lazy stick foul that just makes it too easy for the refs to call. You get your stick up on a player gaining the zone with some speed, you're more often than not going to be called.
i thought the refs were inconsistant last night at best. At times they let em play. Other times there were some questionable calls at best. So in other words, the refs were in mid season form.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 11:42 AM
chaosof99*

I didn't really notice O'Donnell, which is usually a good thing for a stay-at-home Defenceman. He did crush Malkin though, which was nice

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote