HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Any Questions for Jesse Spector on my radio show tonight?

Old
10-07-2010, 01:37 PM
patchyfogg

vCash: 500
Any Questions for Jesse Spector on my radio show tonight?

As most everyone knows by now, I co-host a 100% commercial-free, no one makes a dime from it, Sports Talk radio show on Long Island.

Rangers beat reporter Jesse Spector from the Daily News will be joining us tonight for a Rangers Season Preview.

(I will not post the time, station or web link until the Moderators say it's OK)

Like you've always done before, please post the most important Rangers-related questions that you'd like us to ask Jesse.

As always, thanks.

patchyfogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 01:42 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

no questions but make sure you tell that kid that after a bit of a rough start for him he's FAST become one of if not the best beat reporters we have for our team right now. kid gets alot of quotes and is quick to post them. just tell him to keep it up.

Kovalev27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 02:10 PM
Pizza

I'm one of those folks who does not know about your show.

How does one listen in.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 02:14 PM
morffin

Jesse is great ..... hes doing a very good job at the DN.....how do we listen in online?

morffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 02:35 PM
patchyfogg

Jesse will be on at 9:20 PM tonight.

We're on LI's 90.3FM. We're live on the web 2 ways (video & audio at http://www.sportstalk903.com & audio only at http://www.ncc.edu/whpc)

We'll probably do 30-35 commercial-free minutes of all Rangers talk with Jesse.

As soon as it's humanly possible, we'll post the audio at http://sportstalk903.libsyn.com.

Thanks!

Old
10-07-2010, 02:58 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Tell him we appreciate the job he's doing and to keep up the good work.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 03:03 PM
pete3589

I'd be interested in hearing how if Sather knew that Redden was going to be waived as soon as he could be this year, why the Rangers were not so much as mentioned in the Kovalchuk sweepstakes.

I'm all for the youth movement, but bringing in a 27 year old generational talent doesnt look like it would have hindered out youth movement too much, especially given that entering the season we aren't at the cap, and that the only "youth" up front is Derek Stepan.

pete3589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 03:32 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

good question. still makes no sense to me why we wouldn't be in on him. having a 1 2 punch of gaborik kovalchuk on two different lines to me is a no brainer. unless no one though they could sign kovalchuk to a deal under 8 mil annually. maybe no one thought lou was crazy enough to give out the contract he did after repeated warnings by the nhl. that's why i think they had to be penalized. i think alot more teams are in on kovy if they didn't feel they were going to be in trouble with the league for handing out a contract like that. the kings have said they were no where near that kind of contract in their negotiations.

spector's not going to have an answer for that though as only glen could tell you the reasoning why they didn't go after this guy.

Kovalev27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 03:34 PM
IAMREALITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchyfogg View Post
As most everyone knows by now, I co-host a 100% commercial-free, no one makes a dime from it, Sports Talk radio show on Long Island.

Rangers beat reporter Jesse Spector from the Daily News will be joining us tonight for a Rangers Season Preview.

(I will not post the time, station or web link until the Moderators say it's OK)

Like you've always done before, please post the most important Rangers-related questions that you'd like us to ask Jesse.

As always, thanks.
First, tell him how good of a job he's doing, to keep it up, and that those that follow him on twitter and his blogs know that he's become the best beat reporter for us out there and usually gets the quotes up quicker than anyone. It is vastly appreciated.

My question for him is this: The plague of our team is inconsistency. It has in previous years infected the team spirit as a whole, as well as individual players personally. This year, we have more players with 'inconsistency' as an Achilles heel type burden than ever, even amongst some very talented players. The medicine for inconsistency is HUNGER. This year it seems that some of the players have taken their medicine. They seem hungrier this year and more determined. But that's a hard pill to continue swallowing over the course of an 82+ game season. So how do we continue to feed their hunger (wait, is that an oxymoron)? To keep them focused? I always worry when they say their only focus is the next game. That's great and all, but from the second they step out on the ice for the first game to the last second of the last game, their one true goal, belief and relief of the hunger should be winning the Cup period. They need to believe, despite all of us thinking they're years away from it, that as a collective team they ARE good enough. They need to enter and exit the locker room believing they are champions. Believing this is the year they bring the cup back to NY. One ultimate common goal, that as a team as a whole they believe in. The cup. Period. That's the mindset of a winner. Focusing to just win the next game isn't enough. Focusing to just make the playoffs isn't enough. They need to believe from day one that they are winning the cup this year. So the real question is are they of that belief? How do we get them to remain focused on it? Are they capable right now of truly believing in that, despite the odds?

Ok. So that's my question. Long right? But still, it would THRILL me if you read the whole post and asked it to him.

Thanks for your consideration,

Jeremy

IAMREALITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 04:35 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27 View Post
good question. still makes no sense to me why we wouldn't be in on him. having a 1 2 punch of gaborik kovalchuk on two different lines to me is a no brainer. unless no one though they could sign kovalchuk to a deal under 8 mil annually. .
It make plenty of sense... Absolutely no cap flexibility with Drury ($7.1 mil), Gaborik ($7.5 mil), and Kovalchuk ($7-8 mil).... And Redden's $6.5 mil counting against the summer cap.... It would be too tight to fill out the rest of the roster and resign RFA's like Cally and Dubi with all of those contracts on the books until Drury's comes off in the 2012 off-season....

Old
10-07-2010, 05:04 PM
NYRSchrute217

If you're not making money off it, why would you pay Jesse to come on?

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 06:28 PM
patchyfogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
If you're not making money off it, why would you pay Jesse to come on?
What are you talking about "paying?" No one's getting paid.

Old
10-07-2010, 06:40 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

How bad is Vinny's knee, is his career done like some are saying?

Are we really going to see Gilroy and Eminger's crappy defense all year? How impressed were they with Vtank?

Does coaching staff see Stepan as the real deal? How concerned are they with his defense?

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 08:06 PM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchyfogg View Post
What are you talking about "paying?" No one's getting paid.
Then I'd say that's pretty nice of him to volunteer a half hour of his time for you guys.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 09:21 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
Then I'd say that's pretty nice of him to volunteer a half hour of his time for you guys.
He's not P Diddy.... What kind of writer for a newspaper doesn't have 30 minutes to spare on a Thursday evening?

Old
10-08-2010, 10:29 AM
pete3589

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
It make plenty of sense... Absolutely no cap flexibility with Drury ($7.1 mil), Gaborik ($7.5 mil), and Kovalchuk ($7-8 mil).... And Redden's $6.5 mil counting against the summer cap.... It would be too tight to fill out the rest of the roster and resign RFA's like Cally and Dubi with all of those contracts on the books until Drury's comes off in the 2012 off-season....
I can understand the cap flexibility issue, but we do have Rozsival coming off this year, and we also have Frolov and Prospal on 1 year deals. There would be plenty of money available to resign dubinsky and callahan. If anything, having less cap space might actually help the youth movement and get more youger players with lower salaries in the lineup.

Then the following year we would get the reprieve from the Drury contract.

I was just wondering his take is on the whole matter.

pete3589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 10:36 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
He's not P Diddy.... What kind of writer for a newspaper doesn't have 30 minutes to spare on a Thursday evening?
P Diddy the ultimate example of someone who's busy?

10-08-2010, 10:43 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
P Diddy the ultimate example of someone who's busy?
lol. Although doesn't he just go by Diddy now?

WhipNash27 is online now   Reply With Quote