HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 News Around the NHL thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Boooooth10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
Looks like Horton scored on his first shift of the pre-season...
Im watching the game right now and the Habs just look horrible.

Old
09-25-2010, 06:24 PM
16Skippy

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=538527

I know it's not big news but I thought it's hilarious that he got a suspension for that, especially since it's Boynton.

Old
09-25-2010, 07:06 PM
Acadmus

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...cmpid=rss-News

Hmmm...maybe this is a way to ditch Clemmensen and keep a tandem of Vokoun and Markstrom this season?

10-03-2010, 05:47 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Hordichuk was waived, and while he's a bit older, he's still a good enforcer, and he doesn't hurt the play, imo. Admittedly, I haven't watched many of his games the last couple years, but I'd still like to see him back. We've got a glutton of forwards, but we're still a weak team.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=825180

10-03-2010, 11:55 AM
jol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...cmpid=rss-News

Hmmm...maybe this is a way to ditch Clemmensen and keep a tandem of Vokoun and Markstrom this season?
Too late, Minnesota got Jose Theodore, one year contract.

JOL

Old
10-03-2010, 01:45 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

I don't think Tallon will go after Hordichuk now that Peters is in the system, but I wouldn't mind claiming him. Even though his skills lack, he still plays the game with a heavy heart and always does whatever he can to contribute.

Old
10-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jol View Post
Too late, Minnesota got Jose Theodore, one year contract.

JOL
Yeah, and Markstrom's been demoted anyway. It was a nice thought, though

Old
10-04-2010, 04:54 PM
zeroG

is GP writing for THN now?

NHL goaltenders need to prove their worth after underdogs thrive in playoffs

Old
10-08-2010, 04:20 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Very glad to have Darcy back, but I REALLY wish we could have kept this guy! He's becoming one of the top heavies in the league, here he knocks Ivanans OUT!

I'd stay away from him if I were Darcy.

Old
10-08-2010, 05:05 AM
Boooooth10

Mac is a BEAST. That punch was beautiful.

Old
10-08-2010, 08:01 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
In case no one saw it yet, the Bruins re-signed Patrice Bergeron to a 3 yr deal. One more potential free agent for next summer off the market...kinda sad since its pretty obvious that the Panthers were setting itself up to have the money to sign someone good next summer.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=336665

Old
10-08-2010, 08:06 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
In case no one saw it yet, the Bruins re-signed Patrice Bergeron to a 3 yr deal. One more potential free agent for next summer off the market...kinda sad since its pretty obvious that the Panthers were setting itself up to have the money to sign someone good next summer.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=336665
I was looking at the FAs for next summer and even though we'll have a ton of money, there really aren't a whole lot of players out there. Any thoughts on who you think we might go after?

Also, I think Bergeron resigning means the Bruins are even more worried about Savard.

Old
10-08-2010, 09:17 AM
TimHortons
Gud Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
I was looking at the FAs for next summer and even though we'll have a ton of money, there really aren't a whole lot of players out there. Any thoughts on who you think we might go after?

Also, I think Bergeron resigning means the Bruins are even more worried about Savard.
Players that I'd want: Joe Thornton(legit elite 1C), Alex Semin(dynamic offensive talent/proven).

Players that fit our mold: Brooks Laich, David Backes, Scottie Upshall

All in all. I don't see any of them coming here because their teams will in all likelihood re-sign them. JT was just named captain, barring some horrific collapse by the Sharks I'd say they re-up him. Semin could be a possibility but I don't think DT would necessarily go for him.

Laich, Backes, and Upshall are all highly coveted players by their respective teams. Unless there are severe cap constraints they will all be re-signed.

TL;DR: We're probably not going to get anyone significant.

Last edited by TimHortons: 10-08-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old
10-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Panteras
perennial loser

vCash: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Very glad to have Darcy back, but I REALLY wish we could have kept this guy! He's becoming one of the top heavies in the league, here he knocks Ivanans OUT!

I'd stay away from him if I were Darcy.
dang, he knocked the crap outta him..well, PDB never liked him, which really sucks...I expect us to get ***** Sunday, Edmonton's kids looked amazing that first game

Old
10-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHortons View Post
Players that I'd want: Joe Thornton(legit elite 1C), Alex Semin(dynamic offensive talent/proven).

All in all. I don't see any of them coming here because their teams will in all likelihood re-sign them. JT was just named captain, barring some horrific collapse by the Sharks I'd say they re-up him. Semin could be a possibility but I don't think DT would necessarily go for him.

Laich, Backes, and Upshall are all highly coveted players by their respective teams. Unless there are severe cap constraints they will all be re-signed.

Yes, I guess I should have specified and said that I didn't think there was anyone we'd have a shot at or legitimately be going after.

Old
10-08-2010, 12:48 PM
panthersfan751

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHortons View Post

If this organization really wants to make a splash, Brad Richards is also out there.

I just hope we sign someone significant. With all the money available, it will be inexcusable IMO to just make more depth signings instead of bringing in impact players.

Old
10-08-2010, 12:58 PM
TimHortons
Gud Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan751 View Post
If this organization really wants to make a splash, Brad Richards is also out there.

I just hope we sign someone significant. With all the money available, it will be inexcusable IMO to just make more depth signings instead of bringing in impact players.
While I would love to snag top-flight 1C, I just think Tallon is going to go the organic route and keep drafting/developing/augmenting the lineup. Plus, we have several RFAs coming due namely: Frolik, Matthias, Ellerby, Salak, Cheverie, McArdle, Repik, and to a lesser extent Plante, Bernier, Santorelli, Duco and Cheverie. A considerable amount of players to evaluate.

Old
10-08-2010, 01:22 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan751 View Post

does that really fit in with tallon's stated plan? i don't think so. just does not seem to compute in terms of timing. i wouldn't mind a step up (if you're going to keep weiss and booth here, at their ages, you are going to have to push to at least take the next step and make the playoffs) but i think it's highly unlikely we get a big name.

Old
10-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Gudbranson44

i think our only time of joy these next two seasons will be during draft time...

Old
10-08-2010, 03:07 PM
zeroG

anyone notice that my man stewie made the thrashers out of camp? wonder if he'll stick.

Old
10-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
anyone notice that my man stewie made the thrashers out of camp? wonder if he'll stick.
Did he really? Good for him. Not sure what to think about that team, keep thinking about Dudley's stamp on the Panthers.

Old
10-08-2010, 03:19 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every century. He'll bust out for sure, like he always does.

Old
10-08-2010, 03:57 PM
IceManCat
A New Era

I don't think Atlanta makes it this year Tampa on the other hand looks pretty scary

Old
10-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
does that really fit in with tallon's stated plan? i don't think so. just does not seem to compute in terms of timing. i wouldn't mind a step up (if you're going to keep weiss and booth here, at their ages, you are going to have to push to at least take the next step and make the playoffs) but i think it's highly unlikely we get a big name.
I actually think its part of his plan though. He's said that he was starting at a better point in the building process than Chicago. And it only took 2 yrs before he was dipping into the free agent market IIRC (Campbell, right?). Its possible that if you cut a yr off that timeframe that he could be dipping into free agency next offseason.

But the guy that I think makes the most sense as a targeted player is David Backes right now. We're still weak on the RW and his size and style seem to be a perfect fit with the Tallon blueprint. Hopefully he could be signed for something like Weiss type money ($3.25M for 4 yrs sounds good to me) which wouldnt break the bank at all.

Old
10-08-2010, 06:34 PM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Quote:
I did notice that today and chuckled to myself. Wonders never cease.

Closed Thread