HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boucher not shaken by goalie decision.

Old
10-08-2010, 09:55 AM
infidelappel*

vCash: 500
Boucher not shaken by goalie decision.

So, that quote that was construed as some to be Boucher "pouting" yesterday was totally taken out of context. The quote is in its entirety in The Inquirer, and makes a lot more sense now.

Quote:
Starting the season as the backup did not seem to shake Boucher's confidence.

"The decision won't reflect the way I feel about myself at all," he said. "If I had a terrible camp, then maybe there would be some self-doubt. But I had a great camp and feel like last year, when it was on the line, I did what was asked. I feel good about that."

I'm happy to see this in its full context. It would have been a disappointment if he were, in fact, spouting off to the press about it, but in this context it's a lot better. He's still saying and doing the right thing; it just sounds like that quote was a response about whether or not he felt his game was solid, not whether or not he felt he deserved anything.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 11:16 AM
Teezax

Poor Bouch, gotta feel bad for the guy because he did have a good camp and a good playoff yet isn't getting the breaks. He should be used to it by now though, getting skipped over is a common theme for him. I don't think Lavi has too much confidence in him.
I'm afraid when Leights comes back, Boucher is going to get waived...

Teezax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 11:23 AM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax View Post
Poor Bouch, gotta feel bad for the guy because he did have a good camp and a good playoff yet isn't getting the breaks. He should be used to it by now though, getting skipped over is a common theme for him. I don't think Lavi has too much confidence in him.
I'm afraid when Leights comes back, Boucher is going to get waived...
Two scenarios could occur, imo.

1) Bob plays lights out and wins the starting job, Leighton comes back to split time/possibly be the backup to him, Boosh is waived.

2) Bob plays well, but not incredible, Leighton comes back to start, Boosh back up, Bob back to the AHL until Leighton falters or he gets on fire.

I am not even going to list a scenario where Bob sucks, he is way too talented for that. The only question is his possible rawness from not having a technical coach in his life, but he is LIGHTNING quick.

Even Homer can't be retarded enough to let Bob fester as a backup to Leighton when he gets back, this kid's development takes precedence over the regular season standings, imo.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 11:26 AM
Teezax

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
Two scenarios could occur, imo.

1) Bob plays lights out and wins the starting job, Leighton comes back to split time/possibly be the backup to him, Boosh is waived.

2) Bob plays well, but not incredible, Leighton comes back to start, Boosh back up, Bob back to the AHL until Leighton falters or he gets on fire.

I am not even going to list a scenario where Bob sucks, he is way too talented for that. The only question is his possible rawness from not having a technical coach in his life, but he is LIGHTNING quick.

Even Homer can't be retarded enough to let Bob fester as a backup to Leighton when he gets back, this kid's development takes precedence over the regular season standings, imo.

Yup sounds about right, i'm thinking i'd like to see what's behind door number 1 moreso then 2.

Old
10-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Kaktus*

Theo would never say that

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 11:51 AM
BWAVgal
The Mockingjay lives

Boosh had a good camp, Bob had a better one IMO. He deserves the nod and he is proving that he is NHL ready so far.

BWAVgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 11:58 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAVgal View Post
Boosh had a good camp, Bob had a better one IMO. He deserves the nod and he is proving that he is NHL ready so far.
Plus Bob "meditates" better prior to games it seems as we saw with him being in the Pitt arena with his glove all by his lonesome....

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 01:07 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Theo would never say that
Mostly 'cause he's never had a good playoffs.

GTFO troll.

Quote:
Agreed. I think, though, that generally in hockey if two guys are playing at about the same level, you give the nod to the guy who's been around longer and paid his dues. I'm not saying this means you should start Boucher over Bobs, but you can't blame Boucher for thinking he was gonna get his shot to show he could run with it this year, and then being surprised at the last minute switch.

I'm mostly just posting the quote because yesterday everyone was panning Boucher for whining and being a bad teammate because of that tweet that took the quote out of context. It's good to see the quote in its entirety, and reassuring to know that he is not, in fact, going to whine about it or be a distraction. He's just stating that he's not letting the switch affect his confidence and saying he'll continue to do his job and be ready, which is exactly what you want your backup to say.

Old
10-08-2010, 01:36 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
This quote and Lavy's interview outside the locker room which was reported on CSN's postgame about Bob's overall "Body of work for 30 days" seems to suggest as much..

Quote:
It's not based on one day or two," coach Peter Laviolette said of his decision to start Bobrovsky. "From the time he's been here, he's been sharp every game, every situation, every practice. He's been really good, and I think Boosh came in and played well. It's nice to have two goaltenders, and you'll see both of them early in the season."

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...#ixzz11n3UAghM

Old
10-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Teezax

So who gets the nod tomorrow?

Old
10-08-2010, 01:51 PM
ihatebraydenschenn

Better be Bob.

ihatebraydenschenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 02:07 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by galvo View Post
Better be Bob.
With Leighton getting surgery Bob will be starting a lot of games unless he imploads or Backlund suddenly becomes Eddie Giacomin with the Phantoms....

So let the theory begin that the high priced D will mitigate the inexperience of Bob and the inconsistency however you want to define the term of Boosh...should be fun!

Old
10-08-2010, 02:11 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
With Leighton getting surgery Bob will be starting a lot of games unless he imploads or Backlund suddenly becomes Eddie Giacomin with the Phantoms....

So let the theory begin that the high priced D will mitigate the inexperience of Bob and the inconsistency however you want to define the term of Boosh...should be fun!
Once Pronger's back, I think the combination of our D and the talent of Bobrovsky - provided he a) can tweak his game continually and b) stay focused in games where he has less of a work load - should be pretty suffocating.

Old
10-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
Mostly 'cause he's never had a good playoffs.
Take a joke.

Last edited by Kaktus*: 10-08-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Old
10-08-2010, 02:23 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Once Pronger's back, I think the combination of our D and the talent of Bobrovsky - provided he a) can tweak his game continually and b) stay focused in games where he has less of a work load - should be pretty suffocating.
I think we'll be ok too...provided no further major injuries...if that happens I still think Carter for practical reasons may have to be leveraged no matter what. Said it in the offseason still think it's the case...

Old
10-08-2010, 02:35 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Take a joke.
Sorry, you burned all your good faith with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
I think we'll be ok too...provided no further major injuries...if that happens I still think Carter for practical reasons may have to be leveraged no matter what. Said it in the offseason still think it's the case...

We'll see. Honestly I've never been against moving Carter...I've actually been calling him Thornton lite since we lost to the Pens in the ECF and he couldn't score when we needed it. I really think his importance to this team is overrated.

Not that I'm for moving him for the sake of moving him. I just think that we could get a monster return that might do more for us than he does.

Old
10-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Sorry, you burned all your good faith with me.
I do not care what I burned.

Old
10-08-2010, 02:41 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
I just think that we could get a monster return that might do more for us than he does.
oh oh cue in.....

Yeah to me other factors apart from his play may necessitate moving him..again out of practicality. If he tears it up then maybe not so much. It's going to be interesting how he fits in from here on in since he doesn't do well on the wing. Putting him back at center seems logical for now provided it doesn't have any other cascading effects.

Old
10-08-2010, 02:42 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Okay then, thanks for contributing to the conversation. Your input is much appreciated.

Old
10-08-2010, 02:43 PM
Flyskippy

Quote:
Smoke 'em if you got 'em?

Flyskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 04:37 PM
Flyerfan808

John Stevens must have baked him some brownies?

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 04:42 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
John Stevens must have baked him some brownies?
Baked goods are crucial to team morale.

Old
10-08-2010, 07:18 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

after my puke from reading the Leighton news and how it was handled...I feel somewhat better but another withdrawal from the Holmgren "trust" fund has occurred......

Again thank god for Bob..this was good to read in that same Leighton disaster article

Quote:
Former goalie Darren Pang, who works Blues’ broadcasts, said he was impressed with what he’s seen of Bobrovsky.

“I saw him a couple of times in preseason and watched him against Pittsburgh and I just said to someone, he’s a true goalie. He really follows the puck everywhere.”

Against the Penguins, Bobrovsky was actually pushing and shoving players out of the crease which he didn’t have to do in the KHL last season.

“He’s starting to adjust to different situations over here,” Reese said. “It’s funny. We were just talking today about how guys crash the net. He’s getting used to that. He’s getting used to the traffic, used to guys shooting from everywhere. And he’s adjusted very quickly and very well.”

http://www.csnphilly.com/10/08/10/Le...509&feedID=704

Old
10-08-2010, 09:01 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Boucher shouldn't be shaken. He is a backup goalie and being considered a backup is not something new to him.

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 02:41 AM
Flyerfan808

Quote:
Baked goods are crucial to team morale.
SO crucial... never underestimate the power of cake baking.

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote