HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grabner claimed by NYI

Old
10-08-2010, 11:18 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarFLA View Post
Then what's that supposed to mean?
Busy man you know

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Rey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourdon View Post
It was rumored that the trade was initially Bernier and 1st for Ballard, but the Blues jumped in and forced Gillis' hand and deal Grabner as well. Perhaps that's why Tallon didn't get to scout Grabner enough, and merely saw him in the brief time with the Canucks against the Hawks.

I wouldn't fret about this too much; he has outstanding speed, but doesn't stickhandle at top speed that well. Doesn't have good vision and playmaking ability. Probably not the sniper that people touted, and scored many goals at the AHL level by being around the net and banging home rebounds. Not really a bad attribute, but not what you'd expect from a guy with his package.

This guy, obviously have never seen Grabner ever play. I don't know why anyone who's never seen a player play, comment on how good that player is.

If Grabner played around the net, and banging home rebounds. He would have made the Canucks team last year. He would have made the Florida team this year. That isn't the type of player Grabner is.

85% of his goals he's scored are snipe shots. If you don't think so, then your either watching another player or you're just making an assumption.

Last edited by Acadmus: 10-11-2010 at 02:09 PM. Reason: criticizing the poster he's quoting
Rey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 05:04 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
This guy, obviously have never seen Grabner ever play. I don't know why anyone who's never seen a player play, comment on how good that player is.

If Grabner played around the net, and banging home rebounds. He would have made the Canucks team last year. He would have made the Florida team this year. That isn't the type of player Grabner is.

85% of his goals he's scored are snipe shots. If you don't think so, then your either watching another player or you're just making an assumption.
probably true. i said i agree with the post but was focusing on this bit:

Quote:
I wouldn't fret about this too much...Doesn't have good vision and playmaking ability.
i've never seen him play in the AHL and saw just one game with FL (and highlights of the VAN hat trick). seems to have a good, not great shot and fantastic speed but created absolutely nothing.

Last edited by Acadmus: 10-11-2010 at 02:09 PM. Reason: qdp
zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote