HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

2006 Eligible players in the NCAA next fall.

Closed Thread

Old
05-03-2005, 08:26 AM
X-SHARKIE

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
2006 Eligible players in the NCAA next fall.

Can anyone make a list of 2006 eligible players in the NCAA Next year? for the 05-06 season.

I know Johnathan Toews and Phil Kessel highlight the class but who else should I watch for next season?

Thanks.

Old
05-03-2005, 02:06 PM
TMHUNH

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-SHARKIE
Can anyone make a list of 2006 eligible players in the NCAA Next year? for the 05-06 season.

I know Johnathan Toews and Phil Kessel highlight the class but who else should I watch for next season?

Thanks.
It depends who opts out from 2005, you can't tell at this point. Look at the NCAA players for this years crop, only 2 or 3 are true 87's, the rest all opt-outs and passovers.

Next year will be more of the same.

The only 88s committed at this time to play next year are:

Kessel (Minny)
Toews (Nodak)
Tyler Swystun, Mark Mitera, and Billy Sauer (Michigan)
Nick Sucharski (Michigan State)
Ryan Bellows (Dartmouth)

Old
05-03-2005, 05:10 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I thought Towes, and Mueller were are up in the air still. I know I heard Towes is going to North Dakota, but I thought I also heard he might still go the WHL route, same with Mueller. Either way both should be right up there with Erik Johnson as well.

Old
05-03-2005, 05:29 PM
TMHUNH

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I thought Towes, and Mueller were are up in the air still. I know I heard Towes is going to North Dakota, but I thought I also heard he might still go the WHL route, same with Mueller. Either way both should be right up there with Erik Johnson as well.
Mueller is still rumored. I haven't heard anything about Toews since last summer. Toews to UND is a done deal, I think he is 100 percent committed to UND, and it would take a complete change of mind to end up in junior.

He even signed his NLI:

http://www.fightingsioux.com/sports/...ELEASE_ID=3818

Old
05-03-2005, 06:43 PM
USA!

John is signed with UND and well be here in Aug

Old
05-03-2005, 11:14 PM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 2900
Peter Mueller, Erik Johnson, and Kyle Okoposo are all incoming gophers and should go in the top 20 probally in 2006. Mueller either will play again for the u18 team or USHL. Many think he will go CHL because he basically dominated last year. It is his dream to play for the gophs. Comminted at age 15-16. When he played the gophers he was very up for it, and said it was the only time in his life he had to root against them and that was hard. Johnson will play u18 and Okoposo plays for shattucks. All 3 will be gophers. Class of 06'

Old
05-03-2005, 11:52 PM
PuckFan01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher
Mueller either will play again for the u18 team or USHL.
Wrong. Mueller will not be back with the USA team. That decision has already been made. He is either going to Sioux City in the USHL or he will play for Everett in the WHL.

My guess is he'll play in the USHL since he seems pretty intent on playing for Minnesota in 2006.

Closed Thread