HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#1 - 10.09.2010 | New York Rangers @ Buffalo Sabres | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2010, 10:59 AM
AJRanger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Wonder why Eminger isn't.
Yeah, no idea why Eminger's on this teams starting roster. Awful pre-season.

Old
10-09-2010, 11:01 AM
Back From Cally

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRanger View Post
Third #NYRangers D-pair looks like Eminger-Sauer with Gilroy out.

Per Gross, again.
I'm glad Sauer is in but why Eminger? I really haven't seen ANYTHING out of him that makes me believe he should be on the starting roster.

Old
10-09-2010, 11:04 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG MVP View Post
why Eminger? I really haven't seen ANYTHING out of him that makes me believe he should be on the starting roster.
The same can be said about Gilly, really. He had a very sub-par preseason too...

Old
10-09-2010, 11:07 AM
azrok22

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
The same can be said about Gilly, really. He had a very sub-par preseason too...
Fair enough.

So cut one of either Eminger or Gilroy, and bring up Valentenko or McDonagh -- both of which did not have very sub-par preseasons!

Old
10-09-2010, 11:08 AM
haveandare

Torts is going to give me a heart attack with Eminger in this lineup. There is no reason for it.

Old
10-09-2010, 11:09 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!

Hockey is back!

Old
10-09-2010, 11:09 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Did I just see a stat on Versus that the Rangers led the league in PIM's last year? WTF?

Never mind. VS was wrong - they were 7th.

Old
10-09-2010, 11:11 AM
Chado613

I think that if the defense isnt playing up to par. Call ups will be made....I just hope the d roster doesnt end up looking like a merry go round.

These guys need playing time together to get comfy IMO

Old
Blazephr

Eminger will do to Sauer what Mara did to him a few years ago. Make him look bad by association.

Old
MPJohnny5

Gilroy sucks guys face it, hes gonna be Torts whippen boy till hes off this team

Old
Chado613

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Did I just see a stat on Versus that the Rangers led the league in PIM's last year? WTF?
I thought I heard it was the Ducks last night while I was watching but that could have just beem majors

Old
10-09-2010, 11:13 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Woot? Tampa Bay did.

We were ranked 7th.

Old
10-09-2010, 11:19 AM
The Perfect Paradox

So great to see the GDT thread up again as hockey season is beginning. Nice video, as always LoFFen.

Still pissed to see that Eminger is in the line up, but I'm not going to let it ruin opening day . It feels like I've been waiting forever for Rangers hockey to begin!

LETS GO RANGERS!!!

Old
10-09-2010, 11:20 AM
The Perfect Paradox

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Torts is going to give me a heart attack with Eminger in this lineup. There is no reason for it.
That makes two of us. Hopefully once he shows his true colors, we can get him off of this line up.

Old
10-09-2010, 11:20 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

BTW, Loffen, incredible job as always. These GDT are great. And your videos are also great. One talented individual.

Old
10-09-2010, 11:21 AM
AJRanger

Quote:
Woot? Tampa Bay did.

We were ranked 7th.
I saw the stat to, definitely said we were first in PIM's. Strange.

Old
10-09-2010, 11:24 AM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Came here after a night of drinking knowing that the GDT would be up. Words cannot describe how pumped I am for this game.

Matter of fact...

I'LL BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Section 108 row 6, in a '76 vintage white Messier jersey, look for me on tv

Sabres should've lost tonight, gave up a lot of chances that Ottawa should have buried. Hopefully they don't figure out what they were doing wrong for 24 more hours.

I can't wait any longer...LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!
I know your blood boils with hate for all things buffalo, but seriously, this is pathetic.

The Sabres outshot Ottawa 36-25 and had a 25-11 edge through two periods. They outchanced Ottawa by 9. This is the shot chart:

Yeah, the Sabres really should have lost to Ottawa last night If anything it should have been 5-1 instead of 2-1.

Other than that little comment, I come in peace. May it be a good game tonight, and good luck on another Rangers season. Feels great to watch some hockey again.

Old
10-09-2010, 11:33 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Yeah that Eminger Gilroy pairing will be exposed. Curious why Sauer didnt make it to the top 6, i thought he outperformed both of them. Hopefully they wont be out there too long, and when they are im hoping the forwards know it and err on the side of caution - come back and help.

---------

@ Gilroy - What is his role exactly? I'm assume to take care of his own end to a degree, but mainly to add offense - correct? Hes not a big guy, was benched last season for not being physical enough... He can skate for sure, so he can cover himself -

But heres the thing... IF hes not doing anything constructive offensively, and judging from the preseason he really didnt add much, if anything. He couldnt get a single shot through, blocked almost every time - and when he did it was after hesitating and was about 3/4 to 1/2 of the speed of a normal NHL defenders shot - He doesn't have the powerful accurate, low slapper you need from the point to add the offense. Hell - Girardi has a better shot then Gilly. Gilroys stengths offensively are when he comes down low, back door or when he makes a move on a goalie. His wrister is meh, average at best.

THEN why is here again? Did he improve on his shooting? I didnt see it. I saw a guy thinking WAY too much out there. If you are going to reap the benefits of a sure handed offensive defenseman than why sacrifice the defensive aspect when you have a guy like Sauer that can provide some toughness, good positioning and a stay at home approach?

As of right now, you arent gaining anything by having Gilroy in the lineup IMO. If the Rangers idea is to give him another shot at being that guy, then fine... give him his games. But ill be keeping a close eye on him. He should have a really really short leash IMO.

One of the BIGGEST problems the Rangers have on defense - getting shots through. They need to find defenseman who can get the puck on the net in all situations. Whether its a quick, Rafalski-esque snapper or a simple slapper or wrister that can be deflected, or just plain covered up by the goalie for a whistle and resulting offensive zone draw - they need more of this. Too many blocked shots, wide shots, silly off the board shoot it wide on purpose shots. Gilroy should be providing this. He is not.

Old
10-09-2010, 11:33 AM
Chado613

"John Tortorella says Mike Sauer starting over Gilroy because he had better camp. Eminger starts because he's better on left side."

From Jesse Spector Twitter

Old
10-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Janerixon

Quote:
Eminger had a secondary assist in his preseason games and looked slow and flat footed at times.

Gilroy had an assist vs the Senators
He had a goal and an assist vs the Devils in New Jersey
Finished a plus 3 for the preseason and looked more comfortable, his skating is light years ahead of Eminger.

Gilroy wasn't a stand out, but he looked better than Eminger for sure and was defintely the winner of the 5th spot IMO and I am not a gilroy supporter. I'd prefer we traded him to open up room for Valentenko or McDonagh.

Old
10-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT4Johnny View Post
Gilroy sucks guys face it, hes gonna be Torts whippen boy till hes off this team
I am not a fan of his, but he is better than Eminger who should be watching games from the press box on a nightly basis.

Old
10-09-2010, 11:39 AM
azrok22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chado613 View Post
"John Tortorella says Mike Sauer starting over Gilroy because he had better camp. Eminger starts because he's better on left side."

From Jesse Spector Twitter
This is bad news. Does this suggest that he plans on playing Eminger and rotating Gilroy and Sauer (since they're better on the right side)?

Bring back Valentenko or McDonagh now!

Old
10-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Not really. Cept for one game he looked better then he did last year.

Old
10-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Chado613

prucha just got stones on a breakaway

Old
10-09-2010, 11:48 AM
ranger_nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryNealesGarden View Post
I know your blood boils with hate for all things buffalo, but seriously, this is pathetic.

The Sabres outshot Ottawa 36-25 and had a 25-11 edge through two periods. They outchanced Ottawa by 9. This is the shot chart:

Yeah, the Sabres really should have lost to Ottawa last night If anything it should have been 5-1 instead of 2-1.

Other than that little comment, I come in peace. May it be a good game tonight, and good luck on another Rangers season. Feels great to watch some hockey again.
i agree. sabres had a lot of chances

Closed Thread