HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

SI Atlantic Preview

Old
10-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
You are funny. There are lots of young players on every team. Most fans understand that young has nothing to do with great talent and success. Who on the rangers is duchene or stewart? Your opinion may turn out to be right, but your reasoning is flawed.
That's not my opinion. It's the organization's plan. How do I know this? Because Sather and Tortorella have said it. Repeatedly.

All I'm doing is trying to explain it to those of you who don't understand. Hell, I'm as cynical as anyone about whether or not it will work. I consider the team's chances of finishing 5th equal to their chances of finishing 13th, which I've said. Just because I have my own assessment of the team doesn't make me incapable of understanding what the organization is trying to do.

Oh... and anyone who doesn't understand that teams improve naturally is ignoring some pretty important history. There are big examples and small examples everywhere. Big example: Edmonton Oilers 1980-1984. Big example: Pittburgh Penguins 2005-2009. Small example: St. Louis Blues 1996-2001. Ottawa Senators 1997-2007. New York Rangers 1988-1992.

Yeah, those teams added some pretty important parts not necessarily developed from within. But they were also young teams who grew from one year to the next.

Last edited by Tawnos: 10-08-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 11:47 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
That's not my opinion. It's the organization's plan. How do I know this? Because Sather and Tortorella have said it. Repeatedly.

All I'm doing is trying to explain it to those of you who don't understand. Hell, I'm as cynical as anyone about whether or not it will work. I consider the team's chances of finishing 5th equal to their chances of finishing 13th, which I've said. Just because I have my own assessment of the team doesn't make me incapable of understanding what the organization is trying to do.

Oh... and anyone who doesn't understand that teams improve naturally is ignoring some pretty important history. There are big examples and small examples everywhere. Big example: Edmonton Oilers 1980-1984. Big example: Pittburgh Penguins 2005-2009. Small example: St. Louis Blues 1996-2001. Ottawa Senators 1997-2007. New York Rangers 1988-1992.

Yeah, those teams added some pretty important parts not necessarily developed from within. But they were also young teams who grew from one year to the next.
I think you do not understand. Every gm and coach says the same things. Most understand that it is bs to put them in the best possible light.

chosen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
I think you do not understand. Every gm and coach says the same things. Most understand that it is bs to put them in the best possible light.
You think the top teams are talking about their young players this making them a much better team this year? Maybe a guy here or there like JVR. Hell, even Montreal is really only talking about Subban and Price. There are plenty of teams who say the same thing, but in talking about the Rangers, I don't see how you could say it's not the plan. This team's entire 2nd line, which is usually the line relied on for secondary scoring, is made up of this youth they're counting on to progress. Their first powerplay unit has two young defensemen they need improvement from manning the points. This is not out of necessity. They could have bid on the services of Lombardi, Torres, Martin etc. The front office made a grand total of 4 outside roster additions this offseason. Half of them are not going to play every night (Eminger and Boogaard). One of them outplayed just about everyone in camp (Fedotenko).

It isn't just talk when actions or willful inactions bear out the statements.

Old
10-09-2010, 03:52 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
You think the top teams are talking about their young players this making them a much better team this year? Maybe a guy here or there like JVR. Hell, even Montreal is really only talking about Subban and Price. There are plenty of teams who say the same thing, but in talking about the Rangers, I don't see how you could say it's not the plan. This team's entire 2nd line, which is usually the line relied on for secondary scoring, is made up of this youth they're counting on to progress. Their first powerplay unit has two young defensemen they need improvement from manning the points. This is not out of necessity. They could have bid on the services of Lombardi, Torres, Martin etc. The front office made a grand total of 4 outside roster additions this offseason. Half of them are not going to play every night (Eminger and Boogaard). One of them outplayed just about everyone in camp (Fedotenko).

It isn't just talk when actions or willful inactions bear out the statements.
Look around HF Bopards if you don't believe me. Almost every fan base, with the encouragement of management, is talking up the future improvement of their youth.

This idea that it is unique to the Rangers because Torts and the Village Idiot are saying it is absurd and non-factual.

chosen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 04:03 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Look around HF Bopards if you don't believe me. Almost every fan base, with the encouragement of management, is talking up the future improvement of their youth.

This idea that it is unique to the Rangers because Torts and the Village Idiot are saying it is absurd and non-factual.
Whoever said it was unique? Not me.

Looking around these boards for something like this is useless anyway. Hell, there's a thread on the Trade Rumors board where people think that, somehow, Eberle and Smid are an overpayment for Gaborik. Of course you're going to see a bunch of stuff about a guy like Tangradi on the Penguins board. It's what's new and different about the team. You might see more about him than other topics on here because it's a prospects board. But, based on what they did in the offseason, I would say that the Penguins likely feel like their real improvement is going to come from how much better their blueline is.

I'm not just going by what they're saying, but by the actions of the team in the off-season as well. You keep on ignoring that. Which is okay. You have fun. At least the season starts tonight.