HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Biggest slump of my house league career.

Old
10-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Terror91
Lets Do It.

vCash: 500
Biggest slump of my house league career.

Tomorrow night is the last game of our ten game session and for some God awful reason I cannot score. I have one goal (about 20 assists) but still, one goal all session long.

I can't figure out how to break out of this scoring slump. I am trying not to think about it, but every time I am out there, it's always in the back of my mind. I have a good set of hands and have some wheels. I think it's account of bad luck or being snake bitten. Any pointers?

Terror91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Pog Form

Keep working hard and doing what you're doing. 21 pts. in 9 games means you're helping your team so just keep your nose to the grindstone and the goals will come.

Pog Form is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 03:05 PM
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY

Get dirty. Dig in the corners, crash the net, screen the goalie. Not many goalies are good at controlling rebounds in house leagues, so if you're anywhere near the net, a bounce will come your way soon enough. Just be ready to slam it in, get your "touch" back and then start scoring some pretty goals again.

1Knee1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 06:18 PM
weber72

Send a message via Skype™ to weber72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pog Form View Post
Keep working hard and doing what you're doing. 21 pts. in 9 games means you're helping your team so just keep your nose to the grindstone and the goals will come.
^^ This. I just broke out of my slump last week...hadn't scored since April. Had so many "almost" goals, but the puck just wasn't going behind the goalie. Even scored once and had it called back due to a hand pass.

The best advice I got was what Pog said. Just keep working hard. If you keep doing the right things (and it sounds like you are with that many assists), they'll start to fall in for you at some point. Another teammate reiterated that there are only three things you can do:

1) Shoot the puck.
2) ...on net
3) ...where the goalie isn't.

Keep doing that, and it'll feel FANTASTIC when one finally makes it through. Hope it happens sooner rather than later for you.

weber72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Terror91
Lets Do It.

So I just stuck with it tonight. Get pushing like I have. In a 5-4 overtime win, I notched two. One tap in off a rebound and the other, I walked into the slot, and sent a slapshot past the goalie.

Thanks guys!

Terror91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 11:39 PM
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Ritchey View Post
So I just stuck with it tonight. Get pushing like I have. In a 5-4 overtime win, I notched two. One tap in off a rebound and the other, I walked into the slot, and sent a slapshot past the goalie.

Thanks guys!
Basically just like I said. I should coach.

1Knee1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Devil Dancer

Congrats on breaking out.

I'm a pretty superstitious guy, so when I get into a slump I throw all my superstitions out the window and start fresh. Switch tape color, dressing order, parking spot, all that crap. It sounds dumb, but it makes me feel better, and breaking out of a slump is often just about how you feel.

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 12:57 AM
wearethegreek

Don't worry about it. You're still making plays, to some people that in itself is a better reward than scoring.

wearethegreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:28 AM
pass the bisk

Just dangle through everybody and go bar down....lol

kidding aside, go to the net. that is where you will have the highest chance of scoring. even if the puck bounces off of you, it still counts.

pass the bisk is offline   Reply With Quote