HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eller to play on 4th line with Lappy and Halpern

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-09-2010, 02:22 PM
  #51
FF de Mars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 42 rue Fontaine
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,022
vCash: 500
Oh come on. Martin changes his lines all the time, every game. Eller has been better than Pouliot and Kostitsyn. No way he ends up the game on the 4th line. And anyways, we seem to have two 4th lines (or two 3rd lines, if you wish).

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 03:02 PM
  #52
Taupy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Eller led all Habs forwards in TOI last game. Pretty impressive for a rookie's first NHL game.
Eller played 7 games with St-Louis last year.

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 03:12 PM
  #53
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,023
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Pouliot better find his game quick because Eller can take his spot anytime. I read on these boards that BP played a good game against TO, i disagree. I thought he looked a little lost out there.

Anyways its game 2...

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 03:15 PM
  #54
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,023
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Eller led all Habs forwards in TOI last game. Pretty impressive for a rookie's first NHL game.
Which game you talking about? Not the game vs the leafs are you?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2010020001

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 03:21 PM
  #55
FF de Mars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 42 rue Fontaine
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,022
vCash: 500
White-Gomez-Gionta
Cammy-Pleks-Kostitsyn
Lappy-Eller-Pouliot
Moen-Halpern-Pyatt

That's what I'd. I'd give one talented player to Eller.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 03:36 PM
  #56
ILuvLucic*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Location Location
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,923
vCash: 500
Is anybody else sick of the constant line juggling in this day and age?

ILuvLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 03:40 PM
  #57
JackieChan
Registered User
 
JackieChan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Based Pouliot's outright refusal to finish checks that were simply sitting there in front of him, he may not last many more games on a top 6 line. Many more periods, either. You're right, Eller could be in his slot by the second period.

But still, I'd like to see us developing the guy as a center, be it on the first, fourth or in the AHL. If it weren't for that concern I wouldn't pay any attention to the starting line combos at all, not in his rookie season.
Pouliot simply is not big/strong enough to play a physical game. I've seen him this summer and I was surprised at how slim the guy is. He may not have the physical game in him, but I don't think he has the tools either.

JackieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 03:41 PM
  #58
PATCHESx67
Registered User
 
PATCHESx67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: West Island MTL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 1,390
vCash: 500
AK46 - Gomez - Gionta

Cammy - Pleks - Pouliot

Boyd - Eller - Pyatt

Moen - Halpern - Laps

Reasons :

Ak46 is the laziest player ever IMO we need to keep him with players like scotty and Gio who dont stop skating hustle hard and play well Defensively since AK is horrible in hes own zone.Andrei is really good with the puck and great wrister he just needs to get hes game on and im confident the GG Line can handle that

Eller Centering the third line is pretty simple....2 years gommy is gone and Eller moves up so let him master hes own position hes the big center we always wanted,keep him with boyd who can produce offensively and pyatt will get the job done up front and defensively

Fourth Line = great defensively - will play physical and can produce once in a while up front

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 03:46 PM
  #59
onice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
White-Gomez-Gionta
Cammy-Pleks-Kostitsyn
Lappy-Eller-Pouliot
Moen-Halpern-Pyatt

That's what I'd. I'd give one talented player to Eller.
Did Boyd refuse you an autograph?

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 04:22 PM
  #60
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
Which game you talking about? Not the game vs the leafs are you?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2010020001
I think he meant ES TOI.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 04:36 PM
  #61
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty
 
Born in 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,701
vCash: 500
Only 81 more games to go of questioning JM's moves...

It'll all be over soon, folks

Born in 1909 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 04:42 PM
  #62
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
What? Pouliot remains with Gio and Gomez.

Also the article mentions that Price is not at 100% and gets chills leaving the ice, but will get the start tomorrow.
You should know by now that with Martin, things can change real quick.

If Pouliot has a mediocre game, he won't finish the game on that line. He will be placed back with them the following game because it's early in the season, but things as I said, can change quickly.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 04:43 PM
  #63
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PATCHESx67 View Post
AK46 - Gomez - Gionta

Cammy - Pleks - Pouliot

Boyd - Eller - Pyatt

Moen - Halpern - Laps

Reasons :

Ak46 is the laziest player ever IMO we need to keep him with players like scotty and Gio who dont stop skating hustle hard and play well Defensively since AK is horrible in hes own zone.Andrei is really good with the puck and great wrister he just needs to get hes game on and im confident the GG Line can handle that

Eller Centering the third line is pretty simple....2 years gommy is gone and Eller moves up so let him master hes own position hes the big center we always wanted,keep him with boyd who can produce offensively and pyatt will get the job done up front and defensively

Fourth Line = great defensively - will play physical and can produce once in a while up front
I agrre to try AK with the two vets to kick his butt...

But, Lapierre on a 4th line is a waste. What did Pyatt proved that Lapierre cannot do ?

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 05:18 PM
  #64
Belso
Registered User
 
Belso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kernkraft View Post
Why not

Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Cammalleri
Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Boyd-Eller-Lapierre
Moen-Halpern-Darche/Pyatt (White should really be the player there)

Three scoring lines and a grinding trio. In any case, forward depth is not the issue on this team, it's the D.
I agree.. The depth at forward is fine.. It is defense that is not to par on the Habs yet.. But I expect the D to look pretty good when Markov and Hamrlik get into game shape and Subban gets more experience.

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 04:30 PM
  #65
BigTime
Registered User
 
BigTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post
The only thing that I don't like is that one of them would have to play on their off wing (both are RH Shots). Not saying that it wouldn't work because there are lots of players that play well on their off wing. But then you have other players in the line-up playing on the off wing too because of it. The forward group is mostly made up of LH shots.

ya players on their off wing is only a problem if it affects them defensively, otherwise a right hand shot doesnt NEED to be a right winger. If they could adapt them that would be perfect. but like you said it makes it difficult when you only have like 2-3 players that are right handed shots in your line up

BigTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 04:31 PM
  #66
BigTime
Registered User
 
BigTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
I agrre to try AK with the two vets to kick his butt...

But, Lapierre on a 4th line is a waste. What did Pyatt proved that Lapierre cannot do ?
i agree id rather Laps on the third line too Pyatt is fine on the fourth

BigTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 04:45 PM
  #67
FF de Mars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 42 rue Fontaine
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Did Boyd refuse you an autograph?
Lol. Boyd is awsome. Good thing he was part of Martin's line-up. I momentary forgot about him.

But really, my first wish would be to have Kostitsyn with Gomez and Gionta.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 05:08 PM
  #68
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
I think the top 2 lines stay as is for most of the year, and the bottom 6 will shake out so we'll see something like:

Cammy-Pleks-Ak (first line)
Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta (second line)
Moen-Halpern-Lapierre (vet defensive line)
Eller-Boyd-Pyatt (young fast line with some offensive upside)

Next year I can see Eller replacing AK.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 05:23 PM
  #69
CoupeStanley
Registered User
 
CoupeStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Nicolet
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,533
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Next year I can see Eller replacing AK.
From what I've seen it's only a matters of time before he gets on the top-6 but it's not that much about replacing AK as it is about replacing Pouliot.

Gionta-Gomez-AK
Eller-Plekanec-Cammalleri
Pouliot-Boyd-Lapierre
Moen-Halpern-Pyatt

I think it gives us 3 line that can score and a nice checking line.

CoupeStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 03:57 PM
  #70
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!
 
Stealth JD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Safari Motor Motel
Country: United States
Posts: 6,193
vCash: 500
You guys liking Eller thus far?

Halak is 2-0 for us, with a .955 save % and a 1.00 GAA. We're kind of happy thus far.

And as for the D-Agostini for Palushaj trade...D'Agostini just scored 2 today against the Ducks...so Blues fans are liking that trade as well.

Hoping both trades become win-win for both clubs, I am...

Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 04:06 PM
  #71
Nidema
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth JD View Post
You guys liking Eller thus far?

Halak is 2-0 for us, with a .955 save % and a 1.00 GAA. We're kind of happy thus far.

And as for the D-Agostini for Palushaj trade...D'Agostini just scored 2 today against the Ducks...so Blues fans are liking that trade as well.

Hoping both trades become win-win for both clubs, I am...
Liking Eller a lot right now. He has only been in two games and doesn't have a point yet but he's playing smart and aggressive hockey. It doesn't help that he's only had one real opportunity in a top 6 role so far. We'll see what happens but if he gets 30 to 40 points this year, I will be really happy.

D'ago is a really streaky player that is useless when he's not scoring. You'll really like him when he's on because he goes to the net and wires his wrist shot. His consistency is sorely lacking. Hopefully, he works out for you guys but palushaj is looking like a gem. Really liked what he showed in the pre-season so we'll see what happens to him in the AHL season.

We won't know what happens to both trades for at least another year. Palushaj and Eller will take a bit to make an impact in the NHL. We'll have to revisit this in a bit of time but I'm really liking both trades from a Habs perspective.

BTW, how high was Eller and Palushaj on the Blue's depth chart? I heard many mixed things about both of them from Blues fans. Some said Eller won't pan out, some said they would have rather traded Berglund. As for Palushaj, I have heard that he was only highly touted but Blues were much less optimistic in his regard after a mediocre season in Peoria. What's the scoop?

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 04:08 PM
  #72
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,283
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth JD View Post
You guys liking Eller thus far?

Halak is 2-0 for us, with a .955 save % and a 1.00 GAA. We're kind of happy thus far.

And as for the D-Agostini for Palushaj trade...D'Agostini just scored 2 today against the Ducks...so Blues fans are liking that trade as well.

Hoping both trades become win-win for both clubs, I am...
Halak was balance off, and d'agostini is a good player, I'm just hoping he gets his career back in order. Eller is fine for us, palushaj needs time and so does shultz. I like the combined trades.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 04:32 PM
  #73
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!
 
Stealth JD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Safari Motor Motel
Country: United States
Posts: 6,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
BTW, how high was Eller and Palushaj on the Blue's depth chart? I heard many mixed things about both of them from Blues fans. Some said Eller won't pan out, some said they would have rather traded Berglund. As for Palushaj, I have heard that he was only highly touted but Blues were much less optimistic in his regard after a mediocre season in Peoria. What's the scoop?
Eller was the highest drafted forward the Blues have had in about 2 decades, and widely anticipated to be better than Perron, Berglund & Oshie. He probably still will be. He played in Peoria last year largely because the Blues had the luxury to let him develop in the minors...something they didnt' have with the 3 aforementioned players. He's a gem, and was the first call-up to the bigs last year when a scoring player went down. Still hate that STL had to give him up.

Palushaj...I don't know. He's hit or miss. I personally don't have any NHL expectations for him. I think he's weak, too much of perimeter player and not dynamic enough to land a full-time NHL gig. He'll get some time in the show...I just don't think he's gonna have a long career. For your guy's sake, I hope I'm wrong...but I wasn't particularly disappointed to see him shipped out. He was burried on the STL depth-chart, and likely wasn't gonna get a shot...so it is what it is...a new opportunity in another city.

Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 05:53 PM
  #74
Max Levine
Registered User
 
Max Levine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth JD View Post
Eller was the highest drafted forward the Blues have had in about 2 decades, and widely anticipated to be better than Perron, Berglund & Oshie. He probably still will be. He played in Peoria last year largely because the Blues had the luxury to let him develop in the minors...something they didnt' have with the 3 aforementioned players. He's a gem, and was the first call-up to the bigs last year when a scoring player went down. Still hate that STL had to give him up.

Palushaj...I don't know. He's hit or miss. I personally don't have any NHL expectations for him. I think he's weak, too much of perimeter player and not dynamic enough to land a full-time NHL gig. He'll get some time in the show...I just don't think he's gonna have a long career. For your guy's sake, I hope I'm wrong...but I wasn't particularly disappointed to see him shipped out. He was burried on the STL depth-chart, and likely wasn't gonna get a shot...so it is what it is...a new opportunity in another city.
As it turns out, Palushaj was quite impressive during pre-season, getting some ice time on the first lines. Don't know how much he will improve but I guess he will be one of the first 2-3 forwards to be called-up following injuries. Considering D'Ago was going nowhere with us, this was the perfect trade for each team.

As for Eller, there is little doubt in my mind that Berglund was one of the players offered by Armstrong for Halak but our GM insisted on Eller. Many were considering trades including Berglund, Backes, Boyes or Perron but never once did we think Eller could be available. He does represent something this organization was in dire need of (big, talented center) and I think he will become in a near future one of the best 2nd line centers. Halak will be very dominant for you guys as long as he gets a break every 5-6 games. This should turn out as two excellent trades for both teams.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 09:32 AM
  #75
Joe Cole
Registered User
 
Joe Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Lars is from Denmark.
Well, Denmark is a city on Russia, no?


+1

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.