HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Do you have 2010-2011 FANTASY LEAGUE Questions (Kings Related)? Ask Here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-03-2010, 09:53 PM
  #51
The Tikkanen
Pest
 
The Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,407
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Bernier will get 20-30 games. Quick will likely be #1 this season. Whether or not he remains there depends on both his and Bernier's play for the next two seasons.
If you're in a yearly league Quick is a good #2 goalie and Bernier is a decent #3 if you have Quick. If you're in a keeper league Bernier is the choice. If you enter the season with Bernier in your starting lineup you're in trouble. Remember-this is FANTASY hockey. You're trying to put together the best possible team by drafting the best player avaialable when it's your turn. If you just want to draft King players you'll lose so stay away from money leagues. I make money off of jokers who name their team Stevie Y or something like that and then go out and draft every Red Wing they can passing up better players during the draft. Then they go ghost and stop managing their team by January.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 09:19 PM
  #52
HTFN
Registered User
 
HTFN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,089
vCash: 500
Anze Kopitar: Is he a likely repeat of last year's stats? Increase? My draft is in exactly 10 minutes, so I'm not really looking for an answer right now, but it'd be nice to know if I wind up picking him what his projected output will be.

Thanks guys.

HTFN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 09:21 PM
  #53
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,204
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFN View Post
Anze Kopitar: Is he a likely repeat of last year's stats? Increase? My draft is in exactly 10 minutes, so I'm not really looking for an answer right now, but it'd be nice to know if I wind up picking him what his projected output will be.

Thanks guys.
The sky is the limit if his linemates stay healthy and keep playing like they have during the preseason. 40g 50a 90+ points is certainly attainable.

__________________

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 10:20 PM
  #54
HTFN
Registered User
 
HTFN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,089
vCash: 500
Well, I drafted him, and then we realized that because keeper had 3 keepers and we draft serpentine that the draft order was opposite what it should have been, so we've got to start it all over again some other time. Thank you for your help, he's definitely tagged on my list.

HTFN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 01:19 PM
  #55
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !
 
x BEUKEBOOM x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NY Rangerville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,363
vCash: 500
If you had a choice of Ballard or Jack Johnson as your 4th D on your fantasy team which would you pic?


G A +/- PIM PPP SHP GWG SOG FW HIT BLK
Jack Johnson
(LA - D) 8 28 -15 48 13 0 0 130 0 144 86
Keith Ballard
(Van - D) 8 20 -7 88 9 1 1 90 0 156 201


Who will have a bigger year?

Is JJ on 1st or 2nd pp unit?

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 10:41 PM
  #56
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,204
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=336441

Quote:
The Canucks, Blackhawks, Red Wings and Kings had the most players selected in this year's draft, with three players from each team taken.
TSN likes us when it comes to fantasy hockey. Looks like they took Kopitar, Doughty, and Bernier.

Complete list:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/fantasy_draft/

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 12:21 AM
  #57
tv14
Registered User
 
tv14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,998
vCash: 50
Just picked up Muzzin since Hickey got sent down. I must say, his point totals are VERY impressive. What type of numbers is he going to put up? Will he see any PP time?

tv14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 02:02 AM
  #58
The Tikkanen
Pest
 
The Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,407
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
Just picked up Muzzin since Hickey got sent down. I must say, his point totals are VERY impressive. What type of numbers is he going to put up? Will he see any PP time?
He's a 5-7 dman so I'd temper expectations on point totals. Doubtful he sees PP time. You must be in a very deep league if you have Muzzin.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 03:48 AM
  #59
BigBrown
They did it again!
 
BigBrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,053
vCash: 500
I'm guessing he will get some 2nd unit PP time, Murray specifically talked about that area as one of Muzzin's strengths. Last season Doughty got double shifted a lot though so I think his time will be limited.

http://thehockeywriters.com/jake-muz...-night-roster/

He might not stick around once Matt Greene returns from injury though, he'll have to outplay Davis Drewiske and Peter Harrold. Entirely possible but definitely not a sure thing.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 01:01 PM
  #60
tv14
Registered User
 
tv14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,998
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
He's a 5-7 dman so I'd temper expectations on point totals. Doubtful he sees PP time. You must be in a very deep league if you have Muzzin.
It's not that deep, 12 teams. I however have little to no cap space so I'm looking for just an adequate number 6 dman, leaving me with the option of muzzin, jay garisson or lovejoy all of which I own.

tv14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 02:14 PM
  #61
JonnyCash
Registered User
 
JonnyCash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,070
vCash: 500
Not really fantasy related.. but how has Willie looked? miss you big willie

JonnyCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 03:48 PM
  #62
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16,506
vCash: 500
Is Loktionov going to get top 6 ice time, and will he figure into the Kings PP?

What are the tentative Kings line combinations heading into the season.

Loktionov's skill and smarts leads me to believe he will have a top 6 spot locked down sooner than later, am I right?

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 04:36 PM
  #63
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Is Loktionov going to get top 6 ice time, and will he figure into the Kings PP?

What are the tentative Kings line combinations heading into the season.

Loktionov's skill and smarts leads me to believe he will have a top 6 spot locked down sooner than later, am I right?
It's HIGHLY unlikely that Lokti will get top 6 minutes. Though I could see him factoring in the PP.

The lineup right now is roughly....

Smyth-Kopitar-Brown
Richardson-Stoll-Williams
Poni-Handzus-Simmonds
Some combo of Lewis, Schenn, Lokti and Clifford for LW/C and Westgarth @ RW.

Lokti definitely has a future in the top 6.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 05:46 PM
  #64
BigBrown
They did it again!
 
BigBrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,053
vCash: 500
Barring an injury or just flat out unbelievable play I doubt we'll be seeing Loktionov in our top six for any extended amount of time this season. Too much competition right now.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 12:14 AM
  #65
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
It's HIGHLY unlikely that Lokti will get top 6 minutes. Though I could see him factoring in the PP.

The lineup right now is roughly....

Smyth-Kopitar-Brown
Richardson-Stoll-Williams
Poni-Handzus-Simmonds
Some combo of Lewis, Schenn, Lokti and Clifford for LW/C and Westgarth @ RW.

Lokti definitely has a future in the top 6.
Why then play him 6-9 minutes a night on the 4th line?

The Kings are an up and coming team, but that forward group is not on par with the upper echelance of the western conference yet. Their d-corps however is.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 12:24 AM
  #66
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,204
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
Barring an injury or just flat out unbelievable play I doubt we'll be seeing Loktionov in our top six for any extended amount of time this season. Too much competition right now.
If he gets better at faceoffs, I would be happy to swap him up for Stoll, and swap Stoll for a decent LW'er.

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 12:39 AM
  #67
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Why then play him 6-9 minutes a night on the 4th line?

The Kings are an up and coming team, but that forward group is not on par with the upper echelance of the western conference yet. Their d-corps however is.
I'm not really sure why he was kept in the NHL.

I think your greatly underestimating the potential of this group upfront.

-Kopitar has the ability to break 90 Points.
-Brown is back with Kopitar on the top line last time they were together for any considerable period of time, Brown had 30+ goals.
-Simmonds is very capable of 20+ goals if given any PP Time.
-If there is any year for Williams to stay healthy, it's this one. Contract year.
-Handzus, Poni and Stoll will get 15-20.
-Smyth will do what he does and get 20-25.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 09:53 AM
  #68
regard
Registered User
 
regard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Staal Debates
Country: United States
Posts: 3,654
vCash: 500
Hey guys,
I have to put Burrows on IR and find either a permanent replacement or a couple of guys to rotate between in 10 person Fantasy League. Theres still plenty of quality players. For right now Im trying to find someone to pick up as alot of teams schedules have them getting about 4 days off.
I noticed the Kings have a busy schedule coming up so heres my question.

I need a LW or C who would be best to try out?
Poni, Stoll, Zeus and Richardson are all available still I know.(not sure if Richardson would be LW or C?). Who would be the best option would you think?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

regard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 09:59 AM
  #69
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by regard View Post
Hey guys,
I have to put Burrows on IR and find either a permanent replacement or a couple of guys to rotate between in 10 person Fantasy League. Theres still plenty of quality players. For right now Im trying to find someone to pick up as alot of teams schedules have them getting about 4 days off.
I noticed the Kings have a busy schedule coming up so heres my question.

I need a LW or C who would be best to try out?
Poni, Stoll, Zeus and Richardson are all available still I know.(not sure if Richardson would be LW or C?). Who would be the best option would you think?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Statistically speaking, they will probably provide generally the sam numbers. 15-20 goals and 20-30 assists. Between those 4, your not gonna get significantly more with anyone than the others.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 10:05 AM
  #70
regard
Registered User
 
regard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Staal Debates
Country: United States
Posts: 3,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Statistically speaking, they will probably provide generally the sam numbers. 15-20 goals and 20-30 assists. Between those 4, your not gonna get significantly more with anyone than the others.
Yeah thats all I can tell from looking at thier stats so I figured I should ask.
Does any of them take more penalties or have a more prominent role on the PP?

It doesnt help that I know very little about Richardson (was he your 4th line C last year?) and I would find it difficult to pick up Poni for......personal reasons.

regard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 10:15 AM
  #71
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by regard View Post
Yeah thats all I can tell from looking at thier stats so I figured I should ask.
Does any of them take more penalties or have a more prominent role on the PP?

It doesnt help that I know very little about Richardson (was he your 4th line C last year?) and I would find it difficult to pick up Poni for......personal reasons.
Richie was the 4th line Center for about 25 games, and after being moved to the 2nd line and he had 11 goals and about 25 points.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 10:43 AM
  #72
regard
Registered User
 
regard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Staal Debates
Country: United States
Posts: 3,654
vCash: 500
Okay thanks.

regard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 09:12 PM
  #73
Flash81
 
Flash81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
I'm somewhat curious, what are your expectations of Jack Johnson this year? I have been following his development for quite some time now and it appears as though he has made a leap in his development. I remember when he was drafted there was the asseveration that he would be overly dominant.

Will he progress further, or be somewhat stagnant in developing into a premier defender?

Thanks.

Flash81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 08:32 AM
  #74
JayCee
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9
vCash: 500
I have Quick on my fantasy team. who starting for the king tonight vs the Flames?

JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 10:55 AM
  #75
BigBrown
They did it again!
 
BigBrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash81 View Post
I'm somewhat curious, what are your expectations of Jack Johnson this year? I have been following his development for quite some time now and it appears as though he has made a leap in his development. I remember when he was drafted there was the asseveration that he would be overly dominant.

Will he progress further, or be somewhat stagnant in developing into a premier defender?

Thanks.
He's been getting better and better every season and I have no reason to expect anything else this season. I don't think he will make that huge breakout jump this season but I do expect him to put up slightly better numbers while being vastly improved in the +/- area.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.