HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

The return of the BLUE SEATS

Old
10-10-2010, 09:05 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

vCash: 500
The return of the BLUE SEATS

Quote:
When you talked about the Blue Seats at the Garden, you were talking about an attitude, not an upholstery color.

You were talking about passion, you were the talking about hard-core Rangers fans who made life as miserably loud as possible for the Bruins, the Flyers and the Islanders. But for the last 20 years, you weren't talking about the Blue Seats at all, eliminated in favor of some, oh, daintier hue in one of the renovations of the early '90s.

But the past is coming back to the future in the current massive overhaul of the building that in three years will make the Garden a 21st-century facility with all the amenities fans now demand when the work is completed.

And it's coming back Blue.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz11xrURj7F

No more aqua marine blue seats. 1,000 Blue seats at the 8th avenue end.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 09:09 AM
RangerBlues

They can paint them whatever color they want. It will never cover the cooperate **** that Dolan does to the fans at every turn.

RangerBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 09:25 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Brooks forgets to mention that those seats will probably cost like $70 a piece because Dolan figures that fans will pay to sit in the famous "Blue Seats"

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 09:28 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

When I had season tickets in the blue seats the year they won the Cup, the price was $16/per for the entire season. I remember being upset that I had to buy the 3 pre-season games, too. It ran something like $700/seat for the entire season (not including the playoffs).

I never understood why they changed the color. Glad it's back, but it seems a bit late.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 10:00 AM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Brooks forgets to mention that those seats will probably cost like $70 a piece because Dolan figures that fans will pay to sit in the famous "Blue Seats"
The 400's "Blue" Seats we have now are almost $70 each if you're not a season ticket holder. The new ones will be like $150.

turcotte8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Giacomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
When I had season tickets in the blue seats the year they won the Cup, the price was $16/per for the entire season. I remember being upset that I had to buy the 3 pre-season games, too. It ran something like $700/seat for the entire season (not including the playoffs).

I never understood why they changed the color. Glad it's back, but it seems a bit late.
The Good old days. I had a friend of mine sitting at Charley O,s before game 5 vs Vancouver and a well dressed fan offered him $1000 for his 2 seats as he wanted to be at the game where the Rangers finally won the cup. My friend counteroffered by asking for what he payed for his full season and it was accepted. Needless to say my friend was in the building for Game 7 and his whole season was free.

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 10:27 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris6net View Post
The Good old days. I had a friend of mine sitting at Charley O,s before game 5 vs Vancouver and a well dressed fan offered him $1000 for his 2 seats as he wanted to be at the game where the Rangers finally won the cup. My friend counteroffered by asking for what he payed for his full season and it was accepted. Needless to say my friend was in the building for Game 7 and his whole season was free.
That SUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS man. Game 5 was a great game until the 3rd period. I contemplated doing that for Game 5 because I had about 1500 bucks saved up for but I was in Boston for school and I had THREE finals on that Friday, so I by the time I got to the city for Game 7, it seemed like the price for one Game 7 ticket was going for 1500 bucks and higher.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 10:54 AM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
The 400's "Blue" Seats we have now are almost $70 each if you're not a season ticket holder. The new ones will be like $150.
Shock seeing you post in this thread.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 11:00 AM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
Shock seeing you post in this thread.
I don't know what you mean by that.

Old
10-10-2010, 11:03 AM
morffin

ahhh ...the good ole days when Blue Seats were 5 bucks...used to save my lunch money all week so I could go to the Sunday night games....mom was always wondering why I came home from school starving.

morffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Good job by Larry paying reference to the old Blue seats. When they changed it to Teal, people really were angry. Just didn't have the same feeling to it.

The Blues back in the day really were a sight to be seen. Some crazy stuff used to go down up there.

Some things of note...

People rarely if ever wore anyother teams colors up there, and if they did there is a good changce it would have been removed by the end of the first period.

If you were cheering another team up there you were walking a fine line...If you for one second rubbed in a goal, or questioned a call you were put in your place immediately.

Back in the late 70, and early 80's it wasen't uncommong to see fans up there take a jersey of the opposition, wrap it around a hockey stick and actually light it on fire and parade it around<--And security actually laughed it off! It was just a different time, and a much different mentality.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 02:59 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

So basically we went from having the blues surround the entire ice in the upper deck to losing them on one goal side of the arena to now being just on one side of the arena to behind the goal. Interesting.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 05:59 PM
rickyrod

I don't like this at all. Make them all blue up there or don't bother. Fans can take care of the club's heritage without any help from the club at all. In face they usually just get in the way or do half-assed things like this.

rickyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Yes. make them ALL BLUE.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 08:18 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Meh, just fix the damn sight lines, I don't care what color they paint the seats...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 10:06 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
I don't know what you mean by that.
I am pretty sure it's a case of mistaken identity. I had to look it up to be sure - I am fairly certain the comment wasn't directed at you. There is a user with a very similar name as yours.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 11:52 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
sad but true.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 06:39 AM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
I am pretty sure it's a case of mistaken identity. I had to look it up to be sure - I am fairly certain the comment wasn't directed at you. There is a user with a very similar name as yours.
OK, Thanks