HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New York Rangers @ Buffalo Sabres

Old
10-10-2010, 11:56 AM
NYR94

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
Some thoughts on the game....

Kaletas Face - I don't like it

Fedotenkos Cheeks - Looks like he is wearing blush.

Mark Leopold: Is Jordans new name according to Sam Rosen. He kinda looks like a Mark.

Bald Guy who sang National Anthem before the Game: Awesome camera awareness. Ending the anthem while pointing his finger directly at the camera. I was impressed.

Stepan Females: Mom all the way for me. Always go with experience.
LOL...all these things stood out for me as well. "Mark Leopold"...come on, Sam.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 12:03 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I always call him Justin.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Someone's sexual preference would mean that much to you? What is your problem? Wow.
I don't care about peoples race either, but I would mind for example if the NHL only were for humans of a certain race. Wouldn't you?

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 12:22 PM
dccuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I've not made one remark about anyone showing their emotions. Just put a twist on a subject.
seriously? dont we have anything better to analyze? this topic of discussion should die quickly.

dccuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 12:24 PM
ohbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
On the topic of Dubi, I thought he looked really good at LW tonight. I've really been pulling for the Dubi-Anisimov-Callahan line to have a good year.

If we can get 3 scoring lines, with Lundqvist in net, we may very well be a playoff team.

Only guys I would have liked to see more from were Prust, Eminger, and Lundqvist.

So the ominous question; Drury sure as hell isn't gonna be a healthy scratch when he comes back. So who does he force out?

Scenario 1; Christensen goes out, Stepan to 1st line, Drury to 3rd line
Scenario 2; Drury replaces Boyle as 4th line center
Scenario 3; Drury replaces Fedotenko at 3rd line RW??? (My idea)

I think we can rule out Stepan being sent down at this point.

Frolov-Christensen-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
Avery-Stepan-Fedotenko
Kennedy-Drury-Prust

Thats my lineup. Drury gets heavy PK minutes, and some PP time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Fourth line seems like the logical place to slot Drury when he gets back, but it's tough to gauge because he was injured throughout most of training camp. The issue is that Drury is really more of a third line center, and he should be getting more than 6-7 ES minutes a game. Even last season when Tortorella started Drury on the fourth line, Torts would always move him up to the top 9 throughout the game.

I think the play of Christensen and Stepan will also be a factor in where Drury plays. If Stepan keeps it up, I could see him moving up to the top line and Christensen being the odd man out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan4390 View Post
imo when drurys back this is what the lines should look like

frolov-christ-gabby
dubi-ani-cally
aves-stepan-feds
drury-boyle-prust

roll 4 lines
Drury coming back looks to be a problem, but actually it's a problem most coaches would like to have. Drury is very versatile. He can play wing, center, PK, PP, anything you ask of him. I'm sure a spot will open up for him, and Torts won't have to force anyone to scratch. I don't see Boyle sitting in place of him. Boyle should center the 4th line. Boogard looks to be a part time player anyway,... so if anyone sits, it's him.

Just to remind some of you, we have played very well late at the end of last year with basically the very same lineup. I think we won like 15 out of 18 to end the season? Or something like that. Point is,.. Guys like AA, Avery, played very well in that stretch run and shouldn't surprise any of us that they're playing well. Ofcourse most of us have short memories, myself included, and can't believe how well they're playing.

Seeing we do have the same lineup with a few really great addtions (Frolov, Stepan, Sauer), Don't be surprised if we do win 66 to 75% (15/20) of our games. Could be a really good season.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 12:28 PM
beastly115

Eminger needs to sit. His penalty was Hollweg-esque.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 12:29 PM
azrok22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbaby View Post
Drury coming back looks to be a problem, but actually it's a problem most coaches would like to have. Drury is very versatile. He can play wing, center, PK, PP, anything you ask of him. I'm sure a spot will open up for him, and Torts won't have to force anyone to scratch. I don't see Boyle sitting in place of him. Boyle should center the 4th line. Boogard looks to be a part time player anyway,... so if anyone sits, it's him.

Just to remind some of you, we have played very well late at the end of last year with basically the very same lineup. I think we won like 15 out of 18 to end the season? Or something like that. Point is,.. Guys like AA, Avery, played very well in that stretch run and shouldn't surprise any of us that they're playing well. Ofcourse most of us have short memories, myself included, and can't believe how well they're playing.

Seeing we do have the same lineup with a few really great addtions (Frolov, Stepan, Sauer), Don't be surprised if we do win 66 to 75% (15/20) of our games. Could be a really good season.
75% of your games being wins get you 123 points. That's more than any team had last year (Washington had 121 points).

66% of your games being wins gets you 109 points, which only 3 teams surpassed last year (Washington, SJ, and Chicago).

I wouldn't count on coming close to either of those benchmarks.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 12:31 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
If Dubi was gay and had the guts to go public it would be the most pleasant suprise for this team since we drafted Lundqvist, or heck, won the cup.

No doubt, 5% or 10% of these guys like guys more then womens. Why on earth, 2010, october at that, do they have to hide it???
LOL this quote is sig worthy

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 12:37 PM
FultonReed
ew, you did what?

i actually think Boogaard being out there tamed Kaleta. guy's always trying to be a bozo around our players. Boogaard is horribly slow and it makes me sad to watch him skate around like that, but the fact that he can actually get out there and make players refrain from being complete jackasses is pretty awesome. watch for his first fight tomorrow afternoon vs. Gillies. knock that handlebar 'stache right off his grimace.

FultonReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 12:39 PM
morffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Eminger needs to sit. His penalty was Hollweg-esque.
its like Hollweg and Redden had a baby and they named it Emminger.

morffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 12:40 PM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

I don't know if anyone else caught this, but during a post-whistle scrum, Kaleta and Dubi were going at it, and the camera was panned on Dubi talking with Kaleta and you could read Dubi's lips:

"You won't fight"

I thought it was pretty funny. I heart Dubi.

MugatuNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 12:49 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by morffin View Post
its like Hollweg and Redden had a baby and they named it Emminger.
Well, I'm off to the store to buy more brain bleach...thanks.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 12:49 PM
nyr2417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple McIlwraath View Post
I don't know if anyone else caught this, but during a post-whistle scrum, Kaleta and Dubi were going at it, and the camera was panned on Dubi talking with Kaleta and you could read Dubi's lips:

"You won't fight"

I thought it was pretty funny. I heart Dubi.
I caught that too dubi's exact words

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 12:52 PM
DangleBerry94*

Very impressive first game for the team all around. when the "weak" link is lundqvist letting in 2 uncharacteristic goals i'd consider it a very positive start. thought all the lines contributed, and in a complete 180 from last year for myself i think boyle has a role on this team. he's played physical throughout preseason (and camp from all reports) and made some sound plays in game 1. he looked pretty good on the pk and can be very effective taking away space for pointmen getting shots through.

as for stepan, the kid is going to be a star. he just does the little things right and has an incredible on ice awareness. my favorite thing about him though -other than his mom- might be the way he doesn't watch the play happen. when he makes a pass or takes a shot he keeps playing which is something even the best players in the league don't do. as he makes a pass he is moving into position for his teammate and continuing the play - he does not get caught watching the puck.

the lines overall were solid. anisimov looks a lot quicker/stronger and more confident on the puck. i thought the second line overall showed a lot of potential offense and i like the mix of players. as someone else said, anisimov seems to play well with physical players but dubi and cally bring some decent offense as well. the first line had some trouble getting untracked in the offensive zone but gaborik looked dynamic which is a good sign. not a great game from frolov offensively but he played well in the d zone and gave a good effort.

the d pairs did their job. loved mdz recognizing it was kaleta coming down the boards and sending a message. he's a competitor and he's going to have some big hits this year on top of hopefully growing offensively. girardi played a very solid game. staal-rozi looked like it was their first game but we know what we are getting from each of them. sauer was solid. i'm ok with eminger playing 13 mins/game or whatever it was he played.

it's one game so i don't want to go over the top but this is a better team than last season. 3 lines have the ability to score with at least some measure of regularity which is something that for sure wasn't happening last season.

DangleBerry94* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 12:52 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
The highlight of my night last night was a situation where the d pairings were mixed for a minute and we had Dubi-AA-Cally-Staal-Girardi on the ice at the same time and Hank in net...

just brought me back to a few years ago when 1) that would never have happened, and 2) wondering back then if ANY of these guys were gonna stick and be part of the future of the team...

Dare I say it, but after 20 years, a team built the right way.

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 12:55 PM
GodsARangerFan

If Derek stepan gets another hat trick this year I'll give him a little more than a kiss.

GodsARangerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 01:03 PM
morffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
The highlight of my night last night was a situation where the d pairings were mixed for a minute and we had Dubi-AA-Cally-Staal-Girardi on the ice at the same time and Hank in net...

just brought me back to a few years ago when 1) that would never have happened, and 2) wondering back then if ANY of these guys were gonna stick and be part of the future of the team...

Dare I say it, but after 20 years, a team built the right way.
and these guys are just the start.....more coming... Rangers have put together one of the best scouting and player dev team in the lg.

Old
10-10-2010, 01:04 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Begs the question, who is the odd man out when drury gets back, I didnt have a problem with any of the forwards last night.

Frolov-EC-Gaborik
Dubi-AA-Callahan
Avery-Stepan-Fedetenko
Boog-Boyle-Prust

Just seems to me the only solution is removing EC, replacing him with stepan and dropping drury between avery and fedetenko...unless drury gets a shot up top.....or maybe on AA's wing replacing callahan, which drops cally down a line to replace fedeteko, but fedetenko has played well so where does he go??? my head hurts

Old
10-10-2010, 01:09 PM
morffin

I like Prust but he is the most redundant of the group...we have Boogie ( notice no one crashed hank last night )...so we really dont need Prust...not saying I dont like him but he brings the least unique qualities of all the forward in the bubble.

Old
10-10-2010, 01:10 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Quote:
and these guys are just the start.....more coming... Rangers have put together one of the best scouting and player dev team in the lg.
truth, and it really makes me feel better about the McIlrath pick as well, looking back over the boards disappointment with the Stepan pick has really reminded me how clueless we can all be sometimes.

Old
10-10-2010, 01:15 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Quote:
I like Prust but he is the most redundant of the group...we have Boogie ( notice no one crashed hank last night )...so we really dont need Prust...not saying I dont like him but he brings the least unique qualities of all the forward in the bubble.
I agree with that sentiment, and i like prust as well, he workshard every shift, but the only problem with him being the odd man out is who gets 4th line duties?

Avery just brings too much chaos to the offensive zone, he needs to be out there with guys that can score.
Fedetenko is useless on the 4th line with boogy and boyle as would anyone else really, so its just so hard to remove one of the 4th liners.

Old
10-10-2010, 01:18 PM
Blazephr

NYDNRangers Derek Stepan said the woman next to his mom in the stands last night is "a friend." #NYR

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 01:23 PM
morffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
truth, and it really makes me feel better about the McIlrath pick as well, looking back over the boards disappointment with the Stepan pick has really reminded me how clueless we can all be sometimes.
Rangers fans reflex is to hate anything and everything this org does....most fans dont seem to get it that this org turned a corner a few years ago and has started to do things the right way. A good friend of mine...an old time Ranger fan from the Old Garden lives in Madison and has been raving about Stepan for a couple of years now...I saw him play live a few times myself in college and have been excited as hell with him...been jokingly saying......Captain Derek Stepan Come get the Stanley Cup for a couple of years now.

How about putting Drury on the 4rth line and PK .... might not be the most respectful thing to do to a Capt but that is where he fits in best.

Old
10-10-2010, 01:38 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Quote:
How about putting Drury on the 4rth line and PK .... might not be the most respectful thing to do to a Capt but that is where he fits in best.
I agree with you, the way he has played warrants the 4th line and special teams, he hasn't been effective at all for some time. The problem I see her is like you mentioned, this is our captain, and can we really only play the captain 12-14 minutes a night?

Old
10-10-2010, 01:42 PM
morffin

Im one of the few on here who like Drury....think he will be a great asset to this org for years to come...one of the most respected people in the game.....the guy plays his heart out every shift.... i think he knows his talents arent what they were and would understand being on the 4rth line...he played that role in the Olympics and flourished in it.