HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rinne injury??

Old
10-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
we do have the roster spot to pick him up without even putting Rinne on IR but if he's on a one way deal we cant risk having to pay his full contract if Rinne only misses a week or two.

if he's on a two way deal then he'd be worth taking and waiving once we knew rinne was healthy. would massively complicate Milwaukee but thats of less importance.
Greiss is on a one year, one-way contract making $550k. He is RFA this summer. Personally, I take him over Lindback all year.

Lindback and Pickard need to play. Dex is the odd man out. Even Chris Mason was waived twice before he became NHL goalie Chris Mason.

Greiss gives us the best chance to win this season (as the No. 2 behind Rinne), doesn't blow up our payroll ($550k vs. $637k), and has the experience no one else in the system does when Pekka needs a night off or is injured...

Actually when you think about it, Lindback makes only $65k in the AHL this year. Add Greiss' $550k salary and you actually save real cash is this transaction and keep your prospects playing.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 03:08 PM
glenngineer

The only thing I can say about the play is this. We see opponents dump the puck deep a lot of times and the other defender, Bouillon in this case, will usually come over and go to the corner with the guy who just dumped the puck. I think Klein thought the puck was dumped deep and the puck came off the boards further than he thought and because of this, neither of them was in a position to play Bodie.

I also think it's the first game of the year and there are some communication issues that still need to be worked out. Bad play, sure was. Who's to blame, probably a little bit of both. Sucks that it happened but stuff happens on the ice all the time. Just hope that Rinne is ok and ready to go either Wednesday or over the weekend.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 03:13 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Greiss is on a one year, one-way contract making $550k. He is RFA this summer. Personally, I take him over Lindback all year.

Lindback and Pickard need to play. Dex is the odd man out. Even Chris Mason was waived twice before he became NHL goalie Chris Mason.

Greiss gives us the best chance to win this season (as the No. 2 behind Rinne), doesn't blow up our payroll ($550k vs. $637k), and has the experience no one else in the system does when Pekka needs a night off or is injured...

Actually when you think about it, Lindback makes only $65k in the AHL this year. Add Greiss' $550k salary and you actually save real cash is this transaction and keep your prospects playing.
so we claim Greiss, demote Lindback, and waive Dex? would we still owe dex his AHL salary?

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
The only thing I can say about the play is this. We see opponents dump the puck deep a lot of times and the other defender, Bouillon in this case, will usually come over and go to the corner with the guy who just dumped the puck. I think Klein thought the puck was dumped deep and the puck came off the boards further than he thought and because of this, neither of them was in a position to play Bodie.

I also think it's the first game of the year and there are some communication issues that still need to be worked out. Bad play, sure was. Who's to blame, probably a little bit of both. Sucks that it happened but stuff happens on the ice all the time. Just hope that Rinne is ok and ready to go either Wednesday or over the weekend.
Agreed, there are two parties at fault here. First, when the puck is chipped behind your partner, as the weakside D you turn and go after it. At the same time, as the strongside D, you keep your feet moving and do whatever you can to delay the forechecker to give your partner a chance.

On this play, Bouillon was late to react to the chip and Klein did zero to hold Bodie up on the play. Bouillon readily admits he was trying to check Bodie to keep him from running into Pekka, but miscalculated and in fact drove him into Pekka.

Ultimately, the majority of the blame here resides with Bouillon, but at the same time Klein certainly isn't in the clear either. What's done is done. Hopefully Bouillon and Klein learn from this and hopefully Pekka doesn't miss any significant time.

Old
10-10-2010, 03:25 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
so we claim Greiss, demote Lindback, and waive Dex? would we still owe dex his AHL salary?
Contracts are guaranteed. We'd pay Dex as long as he plays within the organization. Hopefully he'd be traded or loaned to another team to keep playing and maybe take care of his salary.

I just don't see a real reason not to make a claim on Greiss. This summer Korn said they were looking for an "after XMas special" in terms of an experienced backup. IMO, this is as good as it's gonna get.

Old
10-10-2010, 04:01 PM
FrozenFloor
Pest

Uh-oh. Never followed the Preds as much as a lot of other teams in the NHL however I've got a lot of stock put into them this year as I've got Pekka and Shea on my fantasy team. Heres hoping Pekka isn't down for to long.

FrozenFloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 08:19 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Agreed, there are two parties at fault here. First, when the puck is chipped behind your partner, as the weakside D you turn and go after it. At the same time, as the strongside D, you keep your feet moving and do whatever you can to delay the forechecker to give your partner a chance.

On this play, Bouillon was late to react to the chip and Klein did zero to hold Bodie up on the play. Bouillon readily admits he was trying to check Bodie to keep him from running into Pekka, but miscalculated and in fact drove him into Pekka.

Ultimately, the majority of the blame here resides with Bouillon, but at the same time Klein certainly isn't in the clear either. What's done is done. Hopefully Bouillon and Klein learn from this and hopefully Pekka doesn't miss any significant time.
100% Agreed.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 09:15 PM
token grinder

anyone else watch this thing in slow mo? I'm not so much concerned about his lega being hurt as his mellon. he went head first into the boards and no one has talked about it. what concerned me was the first shift after there was a sequence where the puck went from his left across the ice to his right and he was a good half second behind the puck, like he couldn't follow it. then they say no limping was seen, and he looked like he could skate to the bench just fine.

anyone else see this and wonder about it?

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
anyone else watch this thing in slow mo? I'm not so much concerned about his lega being hurt as his mellon. he went head first into the boards and no one has talked about it. what concerned me was the first shift after there was a sequence where the puck went from his left across the ice to his right and he was a good half second behind the puck, like he couldn't follow it. then they say no limping was seen, and he looked like he could skate to the bench just fine.

anyone else see this and wonder about it?
No, I couldn't see much of the collision/pileup from my angle at the arena, butafter watching the replay of the game when I got home last night you can see that Pekka immediately realized something wasn't right with his right leg and was hunched over almost sitting his weight on his left leg because he knew he was coming out.

As you said, he was late getting across on the next play, but I think that had more to do with him being unconfident in his right knee/leg than awareness. After he tests it and gets across he was lovely relatively well for someone that likely just tweaked their knee...

Old
10-10-2010, 10:35 PM
WartracePred

Looked like he was favoring his right leg. Kept trying to bend his right knee, while keeping all of his weight on his left leg. My wife and I noticed right away that he was not comfortable trying to push off with the right leg.

And as far as who is at fault... let it go. Mistakes are made and unfortunately some have unintended consequences. How many Predator bones has our captain broken.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 06:42 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCpredator View Post
Looked like he was favoring his right leg. Kept trying to bend his right knee, while keeping all of his weight on his left leg. My wife and I noticed right away that he was not comfortable trying to push off with the right leg.

And as far as who is at fault... let it go. Mistakes are made and unfortunately some have unintended consequences. How many Predator bones has our captain broken.
Thank you. The first part made me want to give you a high five and the second part made me chuckle. Well done.

Old
10-11-2010, 10:31 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Right leg, but I was very concerned about his head.

I was also concerned that Lindback was going to kill someone after his helmet got knocked off.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 12:39 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Per Josh Cooper, Dekanich called up to be back up.

http://twitter.com/#!/JoshuaCooper

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 12:57 PM
kivaerijo

Suter was just on NHL live, and when they asked him about pekka, he said "yeah, hes around here somewhere. looks fine to me." they asked if he was limping or anything, and he said, "no, he looks good."

who knows..i guess if dekanich is called up, they might play lindback a couple games and do the lets not rush it stuff.?

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 02:06 PM
token grinder

i still think it is head, as hard as he hit.

Old
10-11-2010, 02:15 PM
MrJoshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivaerijo View Post
Suter was just on NHL live, and when they asked him about pekka, he said "yeah, hes around here somewhere. looks fine to me." they asked if he was limping or anything, and he said, "no, he looks good."

who knows..i guess if dekanich is called up, they might play lindback a couple games and do the lets not rush it stuff.?
Suter probably would have given the same answer if Pekka had left a leg on the ice when he skated off.

MrJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 04:54 PM
token grinder

best part of the rinne injury article, to me is:

Lind*back was the first pla*yer on the ice Mon*day and the last one off.

Old
10-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
best part of the rinne injury article, to me is:

Lind*back was the first pla*yer on the ice Mon*day and the last one off.
He has been pretty much since he arrived. Works with Korn everyday before practice and usually picks a couple players afterwards (generally Hornqvist and O'Reilly) to run some extra goalie drills.

Old
10-11-2010, 06:32 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

At least we aren't playing a team with a potent offense next.

I hope Rinne is ok, but if he has to miss any time I guess we're better off him missing some games in October rather than the usual March/April string of casualties.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 08:56 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
i still think it is head, as hard as he hit.
Maybe his head but I watched the replay of the hit a few times and his right leg got bent back as he went backwards onto his head. There is no way he didn't tweak his leg a little bit. Also, after he got up, he was shaking his leg quite a bit. Also, after the next stoppage after the tweak, he went right to the bench. I noticed his movement wasn't where it needed it to be, as if he was ginger on the leg. That's just my 2 cents.

Old
10-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Lambo004

Assuming Rinne is out for a subsequent amount of time this gives them the opportunity to play Lindback in the NHL with Dex backing him up playing some games. Chet gets to start all AHL games allowing him to develop into a stud and possible future franchise goalie for NSH or increases his trade value. Smithson will get to back up Chet as he is only in the ECHL because of the goalies in front of him.

Given what I think, I don't think they will claim Greiss because there's no real point. This allows them to
a) See if Lindback is really NHL Ready
b) See if Dex is NHL capable.
-Puts Dex on teams radar for possible trades for draft picks
-Maybe he plays better than Lindback, all we've seen in pre-season play
c) Allow Chet to be the #1 in MIL and start 60+ games

Dex has played twice in the AHL this season
6-2 win over Heat... stopped 22/24
Played 2nd and 3rd period stopping 17/17 after chet went 8/11 in the 1st.

Lambo004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 10:11 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

This is Nashville, our Backups always endup in the SouthEast division.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 10:33 AM
Seth Lake

Per NHLPredsInsider on Twitter - Rinne, Erat, Lundmark, and Kostitsyn will not travel with the team to Chicago this afternoon for Wednesday's game.

I'm guessing we'll see:

26-16-27
33-15-71
25-11-29
3-9-22

Belak likely to make his season debut...

Old
10-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Seth Lake

FWIW, Dex is at practice this morning although I'd still love to hear that we claimed Greiss in the next hour...

Old
10-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
FWIW, Dex is at practice this morning although I'd still love to hear that we claimed Greiss in the next hour...
Greiss cleared waivers. Not surprised, but slightly disappointed. At least this means Pekka's injury is in fact short term in nature.

Lindback and Dekanich to tend goal tomorrow night in Chicago...