HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Anyone in Oregon?

Old
06-01-2010, 05:44 AM
NJDwoot

vCash: 500
Anyone in Oregon?

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but just curious if anyone thats on these forums plays in Oregon, around the Portland area?

NJDwoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 06:39 PM
budster
Schoolyard Puck

That's where I grew up...played at the rec center on 158th in Beaverton and Indoor Goals in high school. Not there anymore, but visit from time to time.

budster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 01:45 AM
NJDwoot

Ah yeah, the valley i think. I've been playing at the sherwood ice arena. Just looking to meet people that might visit this forum.

Old
06-02-2010, 02:10 AM
Tommi Santala

I play at Sherwood, too. What leagues are you playing in? I've only been playing a couple years - I play in Silver C and Silver BB.

Tommi Santala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 03:53 AM
NJDwoot

oh sweet, I'm just starting the bronze league. The guys from the learn to play class are starting a new team, so there will be 5 teams total. My co worker plays Goalie for the Aeros on silver C and his son plays B I think, on Mortgage express.

Old
09-29-2010, 04:54 PM
bkhockey18

bronze league Sherwood IA

I have played for the Blue Knights the last several leagues...did you play in the last game for the Devils last night on 09/28/2010 (I am referring to the 4-3 loss in OT)?? Great game to watch. Good luck, if we play against each other again, come up and introduce yourself, I am #18 on the Blue Knights....not playing 2010 Fall/Winter league though.

bkhockey18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 05:02 PM
PDX Coyotes

You're on the Blue Knights? I'm on the Blue Knights! Who the hell are you?!!?!?

Welcome to the forums (again) Big Ern.

PDX Coyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 10:06 AM
bosshogg18

I play men's league AA on Sunday nights at Mountain View in Vancouver, WA.

bosshogg18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 02:37 PM
Blueshockey2*

I played at Indoor Goals in Beaverton when I lived in Oregon back in 2000/2001

Blueshockey2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 10:15 PM
budster
Schoolyard Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Openicehit6 View Post
I played at Indoor Goals in Beaverton when I lived in Oregon back in 2000/2001
Really? That's when I played on Westview's team.

Old
10-01-2010, 06:25 AM
NJDwoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkhockey18 View Post
I have played for the Blue Knights the last several leagues...did you play in the last game for the Devils last night on 09/28/2010 (I am referring to the 4-3 loss in OT)?? Great game to watch. Good luck, if we play against each other again, come up and introduce yourself, I am #18 on the Blue Knights....not playing 2010 Fall/Winter league though.
Yeah I played... I was the one that scored the first goal for the devs, #35. Ill keep an eye out for ya.

Old
10-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Blueshockey2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by budster View Post
Really? That's when I played on Westview's team.
I don't remember which team I played for, it was either Monday or Tuesday nights if I remember correctly. For awhile we had the coaches daughter playing goal for us. We ended up winning the one league I played in before moving back home to St. Louis

Old
10-07-2010, 08:54 AM
bkhockey18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDwoot View Post
Yeah I played... I was the one that scored the first goal for the devs, #35. Ill keep an eye out for ya.
Ah yes, and against US no less. We certainly had you guys underestimated....which showed in our next attempt to beat you guys. Although, it goes without saying, that you all had some great coaching and training which shows....it sure makes it more fun to play against good teams. Did you play for them all season?
I don't know if you were watching our qualifying playoff game against the Wild but I was the one that scored the game tying/season saving goal in the shootout....I was nervous as hell. For what it's worth, I'm not playing Fall/Winter season but I will be out there come Spring. Maybe I'll see you then!!

bkhockey18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 03:42 AM
NJDwoot

Oh no no, the first goal in the playoff round against red army. it sounded like you watched it.
and yeah our whole team was watching that insane shootout.

Yeah I played with them the whole summer league and will continue to be with them the fall/winter, I'd like to move up to C in spring but I may not be ready for that level when the time comes.

Old
10-10-2010, 02:29 PM
james bond

To those of you playing in the leagues, are you happy with the facilities that you play in? Is there any talk of Portland getting new facilities?

james bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 03:29 PM
budster
Schoolyard Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by james bond View Post
To those of you playing in the leagues, are you happy with the facilities that you play in? Is there any talk of Portland getting new facilities?
I went to Valley at the end of July and man it was Ghet-TO. But I guess they began renovation just a few days after, and supposedly now it's really nice. I can't vouch for it though because I haven't been back.

Old
10-11-2010, 03:11 PM
PDX Coyotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by budster View Post
I went to Valley at the end of July and man it was Ghet-TO. But I guess they began renovation just a few days after, and supposedly now it's really nice. I can't vouch for it though because I haven't been back.
Valley is the new home of the Winterhawks (WHL) so it got some heavy-duty remodeling. I haven't seen it since the remodel either, but I heard they left the glass wall at the bar there, so you can sit in the bar and watch them practice or watch the PSU and the River City Jaguars play.

I play at Sherwood Ice Arena, and it's pretty nice. The lines are well defined, the boards/glass are solid, and the ice surface is usually decent. There's only a small area for people to watch the games/figure skating from, but I have yet to see a league game "sell-out"

As for new facilities, I haven't heard of anything.

Old
10-12-2010, 10:31 AM
Blueshockey2*

Speaking of Winterhawks, do they sell player shirts for the Winterhawks? I would love to have a Brett Ponich shirt (even though it would be tough to sport a Hawk on my chest being a Blues fan)

Old
10-13-2010, 10:46 AM
PDX Coyotes

Quote:
Speaking of Winterhawks, do they sell player shirts for the Winterhawks? I would love to have a Brett Ponich shirt (even though it would be tough to sport a Hawk on my chest being a Blues fan)
Haha, quite the conundrum there. They do have player jerseys, I've seen people wearing them at games... I heard they're pricey though. Unfortunately they don't have an online shop yet, so you'd have to go to the team store at the Coliseum to get one.

Old
10-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Blueshockey2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Coyotes View Post
Haha, quite the conundrum there. They do have player jerseys, I've seen people wearing them at games... I heard they're pricey though. Unfortunately they don't have an online shop yet, so you'd have to go to the team store at the Coliseum to get one.
I've seen the Winterhawks online shop (it's very plain).. I really don't want a jersey, I'm more into spending the $ on the player tshirts, I've got about 12-15 NHL player shirts (mainly Blues but a few others mixed in)

Old
10-13-2010, 02:02 PM
PDX Coyotes

Quote:
I've seen the Winterhawks online shop (it's very plain).. I really don't want a jersey, I'm more into spending the $ on the player tshirts, I've got about 12-15 NHL player shirts (mainly Blues but a few others mixed in)
Ah, sorry 'bout that. Lemme ask my ticket guy if he knows. Honestly I've never looked for one, but I'd imagine they do sell them.

I'll let you know when I hear from him.

Old
10-13-2010, 04:49 PM
PDX Coyotes

Okay he says they have Ponich t's in 3x... the lady you need to contact would be Jill Green.

Apparently they will be getting a bunch more after December once the roster is finalized.

Old
10-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Blueshockey2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Coyotes View Post
Okay he says they have Ponich t's in 3x... the lady you need to contact would be Jill Green.

Apparently they will be getting a bunch more after December once the roster is finalized.
Awesome.

Thanks man