HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New York Rangers @ Buffalo Sabres

Old
10-10-2010, 01:58 PM
Black Tank

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by morffin View Post
Rangers fans reflex is to hate anything and everything this org does....most fans dont seem to get it that this org turned a corner a few years ago and has started to do things the right way. A good friend of mine...an old time Ranger fan from the Old Garden lives in Madison and has been raving about Stepan for a couple of years now...I saw him play live a few times myself in college and have been excited as hell with him...been jokingly saying......Captain Derek Stepan Come get the Stanley Cup for a couple of years now.

How about putting Drury on the 4rth line and PK .... might not be the most respectful thing to do to a Capt but that is where he fits in best.
The internet hasn't helped - every clown has a draft blog and people seem to fall in love with a potential pick based on nothing more than web reports without ever having seen anybody play. When the Rangers staff pick a guy like Stepan, Kreider or McIlrath who they clearly believe can be successful in NY, the fans go crazy and moan about the guy they wanted b/c he had a cool Russian name and Pierre Mcguire () thought would be good.

I just roll with it and trust this scouting staff at this point.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 02:10 PM
morffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tank View Post
The internet hasn't helped - every clown has a draft blog and people seem to fall in love with a potential pick based on nothing more than web reports without ever having seen anybody play. When the Rangers staff pick a guy like Stepan, Kreider or McIlrath who they clearly believe can be successful in NY, the fans go crazy and moan about the guy they wanted b/c he had a cool Russian name and Pierre Mcguire () thought would be good.

I just roll with it and trust this scouting staff at this point.
Great point....the net has created a never ending echo chamber of negativity with Ranger fans....so much that almost none of them can see what is happening right in front of their eyes. Just did a fast Google search for Hugh Jessiman and there are over 10k relevant pages.

morffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Pakeha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
Begs the question, who is the odd man out when drury gets back, I didnt have a problem with any of the forwards last night.

Frolov-EC-Gaborik
Dubi-AA-Callahan
Avery-Stepan-Fedetenko
Boog-Boyle-Prust

Just seems to me the only solution is removing EC, replacing him with stepan and dropping drury between avery and fedetenko...unless drury gets a shot up top.....or maybe on AA's wing replacing callahan, which drops cally down a line to replace fedeteko, but fedetenko has played well so where does he go??? my head hurts
Dont be suprised if a player like Drury gets traded. Not because they want to get rid of him, but because they have excellent depth and they can get good value for him.

Pakeha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 03:33 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakeha View Post
Dont be suprised if a player like Drury gets traded. Not because they want to get rid of him, but because they have excellent depth and they can get good value for him.
No team is going to take his contract.

10-10-2010, 03:35 PM
IfYouCantEtemJoinEm
so hot right now

vCash: 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakeha View Post
No Movement Clause.

He's not going anywhere. He's the captain of this team.

IfYouCantEtemJoinEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 03:48 PM
silverfish
Player Usage

My view at the game last night.

The girl up front on the glass in the Avery jersey was the one who got hit with the puck during warm ups...scary moment really.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 04:37 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post

My view at the game last night.

The girl up front on the glass in the Avery jersey was the one who got hit with the puck during warm ups...scary moment really.
Nice view! I noticed a lot of Ranger fans sitting in that area..(0:12 of this video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDQa956Ghtc

NyRangers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 04:40 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Anisimov's skating seems to have really improved, and I know im not the only one who noticed.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 04:53 PM
silverfish
Player Usage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Nice view! I noticed a lot of Ranger fans sitting in that area..(0:12 of this video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDQa956Ghtc
Nah, I was on the side where the Sabres shoot twice, far side of the camera.

that's me circled LOL. If you watch this video of Stepan's second goal, if you look really hard you can see me start to jump up when he scores, and I'm the only one around me doing it hahah.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 05:15 PM
rangerssharks414

I'm so mad that I dozed off just after the second period started. I missed a great game.

Anyway, from what I watched, the first period could not have gone any better for the Rangers.

rangerssharks414 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 01:44 AM
ohbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
75% of your games being wins get you 123 points. That's more than any team had last year (Washington had 121 points).

66% of your games being wins gets you 109 points, which only 3 teams surpassed last year (Washington, SJ, and Chicago).

I wouldn't count on coming close to either of those benchmarks.
I know, it's way out there, but I really think we might fight for the presidents trophy. But before I give you my reasons, I know Buffalo did not play well infront of Miller. Infact they were horrible at times. Plus they were playing the second game of a back to back. But even if Buffalo played well, you could hardly make any assessment based on one game.

My thinking is it was probably best we missed the playoffs last year. And to see Philly who beat us go to the finals even made it better. We were the best team in the NHL the last month of the season. Maybe 2nd to Detroit, not sure,... Point is, this team came together in that span, and obviously were kicking themselves to get back on the ice and make amends for falling short last year. People have noticed a swagger in their play in the preseason for good reason, They Know There A Good Team. They might have gotten a little complacent last year, thinking they could make the playoffs with a strong late run, just like the previous 3 years. But I believe last year will serve as a wake up call,.. and they will prove they're a good team, deserving of a playoff spot. And not by sweaking into the 7th or 8th spot,.. the last week of the season. They want a division title and more.

Last edited by ohbaby: 10-11-2010 at 01:54 AM.
ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 03:28 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbaby View Post
I know, it's way out there, but I really think we might fight for the presidents trophy. But before I give you my reasons, I know Buffalo did not play well infront of Miller. Infact they were horrible at times. Plus they were playing the second game of a back to back. But even if Buffalo played well, you could hardly make any assessment based on one game.

My thinking is it was probably best we missed the playoffs last year. And to see Philly who beat us go to the finals even made it better. We were the best team in the NHL the last month of the season. Maybe 2nd to Detroit, not sure,... Point is, this team came together in that span, and obviously were kicking themselves to get back on the ice and make amends for falling short last year. People have noticed a swagger in their play in the preseason for good reason, They Know There A Good Team. They might have gotten a little complacent last year, thinking they could make the playoffs with a strong late run, just like the previous 3 years. But I believe last year will serve as a wake up call,.. and they will prove they're a good team, deserving of a playoff spot. And not by sweaking into the 7th or 8th spot,.. the last week of the season. They want a division title and more.
I don't think we're going to be battling for the President's Trophy. I do however, think we're capable of finishing 4th or 5th in the East. And I felt and said this before our first game. Lundqvist is a superstar. Gaborik is a superstar. Frolov is such a good fit on this team. And our young core (Dubi,Cally,Anisimov,Staal,DZ) are all going to be better than they were last year. Every single one looks faster and stronger than they were a year ago. Not to mention, based on the pre-season and first game, they seem to have bought into the aggressive pressure system that Torts wanted when he first got here. And then you have Derek Stepan, who if he scores 20 goals, and 20 assists and plays solid defensive hockey, will be a huge asset no matter where he plays in the lineup. I also expect a HUGE year from a very decisive and focused Avery. I think his confidence is always there, but he seems way more focused and decisive with the puck so far. I know it's early, but I see a lot of really good signs and haven't felt this way about the Rangers for a long time. Even when Jagr was here, the team had so many flaws that were covered up by Jagr's elite ability to take a game over. We could certainly still use more physicality on the back-end, but I think that's a rather easy need to address at the deadline if we're in a good playoff position. LETS GO RANGERS!!!!

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote