HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[NSH/VAN] Ryan Parent + Jonas Andersson for Shane O'Brien & Dan Genur, Parent waived

Old
10-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Reign Nateo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
So? I mean I get the concern over the guy. If his lifestyle is affecting his hockey career than yeah it's a problem. I do understand obviously last year it was with him being late to practice and him being overweight. As long as it doesn't affect his hockey play I could care less what he does in his spare time. Tootoo is known for enjoying Nashville's nightlife for a long time and it hasn't affected him. The two don't necessarily have to be correlated.

Besides his contract is only for one more year and if he pulls any crap here Trotz won't put up with it and we have guys like Aaron Johnson, Jon Blum and Roman Josi who are all capable of playing in that bottom pairing.

I acknowledge he is a risk but I don't think he is any more of a risk than SK74.
This is the big concern. His off-ice behaviour was affecting his on-ice performance. Tootoo is a work-out fiend, O'Brien is chubby. Not slagging the dude, he's actually pretty decent and he plays with his heart on his sleeve, but these issues have held him back. I wouldn't be surprised if Trotz whipped him into shape and got the most out of him, but AV is no kitten either and couldn't get to O'Brien. He could just easily be back on waivers. However I do think it's a good risk for Nashville, and he'll be more useful than Kostitsyn, so it's a better risk than that.

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 03:32 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I don't know the whole story but from afar O'Brien seemed like a warrior that was a Canuck in his blood. Yet one that AV didn't seem to like much.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 09:33 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

well, i know it's just been one game, but at least the early returns were good. SOB looked a bit rusty at the start, but got better and better as the game went on, easily outplaying both Klein and Bouillon. The Franson\SOB pairing actually seemed to work pretty well together. Trotz raved about his play, and for now at least, both team and player seem pretty happy with one another.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Hero
The Corporal Returns

Parent is an excellent number 5 guy. I'm a big fan of his.

Former Guelph Storm.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Kagee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
well, i know it's just been one game, but at least the early returns were good. SOB looked a bit rusty at the start, but got better and better as the game went on, easily outplaying both Klein and Bouillon. The Franson\SOB pairing actually seemed to work pretty well together. Trotz raved about his play, and for now at least, both team and player seem pretty happy with one another.
Well it appears you guys might have the luck of 'change of scenery' type that does wonders for some players, type of trade.

Kagee* is offline   Reply With Quote