HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

mike richards

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-11-2010, 12:25 PM
  #26
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
Leino already does that for Briere, and if I'm being honest, I prefer Briere's shooting ability to Carter's.

Ummm yea cuz briere actualy puts it IN the net

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 12:32 PM
  #27
ilovetheflyers8
Registered User
 
ilovetheflyers8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: D.C.
Country: French Guiana Independentist
Posts: 4,880
vCash: 500

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 12:37 PM
  #28
46zone
Guttersnipe
 
46zone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
Ummm yea cuz briere actualy puts it IN the net
Because Carter never scores, right?

46zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 12:37 PM
  #29
DrHamburg
Registered User
 
DrHamburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,174
vCash: 500
I bet we can get Souray for Richards. We could use some more d depth

DrHamburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 12:40 PM
  #30
kammy
Registered User
 
kammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHamburg View Post
I bet we can get Souray for Richards. We could use some more d depth
i heard souray is guna be a cap since he's in their ahl now

kammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 01:10 PM
  #31
Mgkibbles
Registered User
 
Mgkibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Posts: 2,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zone View Post
Because Carter never scores, right?
Carter scores a lot in close, but Briere is the better pure shooter. Plus Briere has hands like a pillow.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 01:14 PM
  #32
Larry44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
Ummm yea cuz briere actualy puts it IN the net
well, except in OT....

Larry44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 01:15 PM
  #33
CTU2fan
Registered User
 
CTU2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
We should roll JVR-Richards-Giroux.

Then put Carter with Carcillo and Zherdev
I agree. Nik and Carter can shoot and let Carcillo crash the net. And if JvR's early play is what we're going to get from him JvR-Richards-Giroux could be a fantastic line.

CTU2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 01:23 PM
  #34
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,119
vCash: 500
He's definitely gone emo.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 01:52 PM
  #35
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
JVR-Richards-Giroux were together for a couple of games last year and they looked awesome

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 02:12 PM
  #36
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
JVR-Richards-Giroux were together for a couple of games last year and they looked awesome
And giroux and zherdev looked impossible to play against in the pre-season. We are two games in for god sakes

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 02:18 PM
  #37
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
i dont think he is in shape and it is showing. Didnt he say he didnt do anythgin all summer and onyl came to camp a day or 2 before it started. He has been one of the worst players in the 2 games

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 02:27 PM
  #38
McNasty
Registered User
 
McNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rutgers
Country: United States
Posts: 5,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTU2fan View Post
I agree. Nik and Carter can shoot and let Carcillo crash the net. And if JvR's early play is what we're going to get from him JvR-Richards-Giroux could be a fantastic line.
There isn't a player on this team I would want crashing the net less then Carcillo. That includes the defense. Carcillo heading to the net means every defenseman is going to shove him into the goalie, and no chance in hell Carcillo gets the benefit of the doubt. Carcillo has some skill, but I feel he drags down whoever he plays with and I think Richards is the best on the team at making something out of nothing.

McNasty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 04:42 PM
  #39
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,997
vCash: 500
The answer is that Richards and Carter need to be separated.

I didn't see disinterest at all. Those two just don't work.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 05:12 PM
  #40
Crescent Street
Saturday Nite Hockey
 
Crescent Street's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 2,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
There isn't a player on this team I would want crashing the net less then Carcillo. That includes the defense. Carcillo heading to the net means every defenseman is going to shove him into the goalie, and no chance in hell Carcillo gets the benefit of the doubt. Carcillo has some skill, but I feel he drags down whoever he plays with and I think Richards is the best on the team at making something out of nothing.
Actually, I find Richards too often trying to make something out of nothing and turning it over. Carcillo brings the quality of any line down. He's better suited on a 3rd or 4th line.

Crescent Street is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 05:44 PM
  #41
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,944
vCash: 500
Some of you crack me up. You seem to expect the top scorers to score every single night. This is a team game and the first team they played was the Pens who were shut down in part by the Richards line. The second game he and Carter were finally starting to click and they had a number of opportunities. Lavi said he'd give them about 5 games so let's see if they start to click. If they don't, split 'em up and see how it goes. However, if they still don't score in those 5 games but they open up the ice for the other lines to score and we rack up the points...maybe it's best to keep them together.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 08:55 PM
  #42
chaosof99*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,614
vCash: 500
Two assists and a +3 rating tonight, plus a very strong shorthanded chance that was stopped by Anderson. Questions?

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 08:57 PM
  #43
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
The answer is that Richards and Carter need to be separated.

I didn't see disinterest at all. Those two just don't work.
I take this back.

Carcillo - Richards - Carter looked pretty darn good tonight.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 09:01 PM
  #44
chaosof99*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I take this back.

Carcillo - Richards - Carter looked pretty darn good tonight.
The reason it did was because it was actually Carcillo - Carter - Richards. Also a lot of line juggling with Carcillo being on and off that line a lot. At times it was Giroux, sometimes JVR who picked up an assist on Carter's game winner.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 09:03 PM
  #45
kammy
Registered User
 
kammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
Two assists and a +3 rating tonight, plus a very strong shorthanded chance that was stopped by Anderson. Questions?
everyone knows richards reads hfboards
so i guess all the comments must have fired him and carter up tonight

kammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 09:25 PM
  #46
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kammy View Post
everyone knows richards reads hfboards
so i guess all the comments must have fired him and carter up tonight
Yeah, I bet he raced to the rink in a fit of rage because you started this post. WTG!



MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 11:12 PM
  #47
Larry44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kammy View Post
everyone knows richards reads hfboards
so i guess all the comments must have fired him and carter up tonight
Ok, if Mike's reading this we'll know.

Mike: Why, in about 10 chances this year, have you failed to pass on wide open 2 on 1s, electing to shoot every time?

I won't mention that you haven't scored on any of them either but....

Great game, but you need to dish more to keep the goalies off guard.

Larry44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:25 PM
  #48
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
Carter scores a lot in close, but Briere is the better pure shooter. Plus Briere has hands like a pillow.
No he's not, and Briere knows it... which is why he shoots a lot less. You say Carter scores a lot in close, have you seen where Briere gets the majority of his goals? Briere gets a higher shooting % because he focuses on high % shots... due to the fact that his shot isn't going to overpower goalies all that often (other than when he can get a slapper off, which he has a good one).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I take this back.

Carcillo - Richards - Carter looked pretty darn good tonight.
JVR-Richards-Carter looked a lot better...

I hate having Carcillo in the top 9 on this team.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:30 PM
  #49
RoDu
Shagga likes axes
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
JVR-Richards-Carter looked a lot better...

I hate having Carcillo in the top 9 on this team.
they look like a real number one line together

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:40 PM
  #50
Mgkibbles
Registered User
 
Mgkibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Posts: 2,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
No he's not, and Briere knows it... which is why he shoots a lot less. You say Carter scores a lot in close, have you seen where Briere gets the majority of his goals? Briere gets a higher shooting % because he focuses on high % shots... due to the fact that his shot isn't going to overpower goalies all that often (other than when he can get a slapper off, which he has a good one).
Alright, so if you were given the choice of either Briere or Carter to take one shot from the circle you'd pick Carter? Mind you the objective is to score, not hit the goalie logo or glass.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.