HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ranger @ Islanders - 10/11/10

Old
10-11-2010, 04:00 PM
FiveAndAGame

vCash: 500
No love for the knee on Girardi in the 3rd? I thought the league was trying to cut down on dangerous plays...

Anyway, enough complaining. Our top line needs to play like our top line. We need Drury, and we need Prospal. Del Zotto needs to stop being counted on for solid defense. Frolov needs to shoot. A LOT MORE. He passes up opportunities to just rip it, and instead, does his little stick-my-butt-out-and-spin-towards-the-boards move. Boogaard needs to do... anything... Carry Henrik's pads, something. Make yourself useful. I'm as big a Boogaard fan as you'll find, and so far I'm not all that impressed. Through two games, he's had one play where his presence was notable IMO.

FiveAndAGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 04:01 PM
NYROrtsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Two of which were gift wrapped and delivered by the referee with the ******** call on Callahan.

No way can you cut this to say the Islanders legitimately deserved to win the game.

Exactly... 1 goal was an empty netter and the other was a 5 on 3. With a penalty to Callahan that was garbage to anybody's unbiased view.

Throw in the fact that Del Zotto gave up 2 goals personally and the numbers are more realistic.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Two of which were gift wrapped and delivered by the referee with the ******** call on Callahan.

No way can you cut this to say the Islanders legitimately deserved to win the game.
I'd say three goals. But still, Drury would of been a HUGE help to that mess.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

They still count. They did deserve to win the game. If the Rangers kill those penalties, they win the game. They didn't.

Christ Drury would have helped.

10-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
LOL. I just can't stand losses like this.

Alright. Time to cool down...
I know how you feel, just think about Pittsburgh beating a 15 man Devils team and it takes a little of the edge off.

Barbara Underhill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
I really feel the need to talk about this.

How can anyone deny the fact that the calls had a huge effect on the outcome?

I don't remember, but i'm pretty sure ALL of our PP's were warranted. Not only that, but when our PP is doing as good as it was, denying them the chance to play by no-calling Stepan getting punched in the throat alone effects the game. Then having our best PKer get a penalty for a ******** call greatly weakens our PK for the Powerplay the Islanders were handled.

Yes, we should've been better on even strength. Yes, we absolutely dominated them on the PP. Yes, the calls were ****ing ridiculous.

Do I think we lost fair and square? absolutely not.
Then youre just searching for an illegitimate excuse and you've found one. Congratulations.

The bigger issue is to ask yourself why the Rangers let an AHL team stick around in this game anyway and, worse yet, couldnt stop the bleeding once a little adversity came.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 04:03 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okposofan21 View Post
I come in peace. The Islanders were playing without Mark Streit, Kyle Okposo and John Tavares this afternoon. Add those three to the lineup, the Islanders are a decent team that would have a shot at the number 7 or 8 seed. Anyways, we'll meet again in December with a healthier lineup.
Don't agree with you. Obviously having those 3 will help but I'm thinking the Rangers will have a rough time getting into the 7th or 8th spot. The Isles will probably finish around 10th in the conferance. Here's to December!

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 04:03 PM
EventHorizon
Bring Back Ties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
They still count. They did deserve to win the game. If the Rangers kill those penalties, they win the game. They didn't.

Well said. And that's a fantastic typo as well.

EventHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 04:04 PM
rickyrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
Hank needs to trade in his makeup and designer suit for goalie equipment.
Except for the third goal, he didn't have much of a chance tonight. Terrible defending in front of him. A real lack of effort today is why we lost, not because the refs called a weak trip on Cally and didn't call the late hit on Stepan.

The no-goal call on Avery is really grating on my nerves. But not as much as the limp defensive performance.

rickyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
msv957

The officiating was weak in the third period with those calls but I guess that is hockey.

The Rangers played hard.... Dubinsky is looking to have a really good year! He is a heck of a hockey player if he can keep this consistency.

IMO, none of the goals let up by Hank were his fault.. It was just one of those games.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers View Post
Don't agree with you. Obviously having those 3 will help but I'm thinking the Rangers will have a rough time getting into the 7th or 8th spot. The Isles will probably finish around 10th in the conferance. Here's to December!
There's a curse that haunts this team around that time. Don't want it to come.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
People will deny this, but it is the truth.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Matteau Matteau

This is one of those hard-to-swallow losses because we just gift-wrapped the game at the end. Should have had 2 or at least 1 point.

I thought the Cally call was bull, but it happened. Gotta kill it off. The non-call on the hit to Stepan after the whistle was lame too, and some of the bounces were just perfect for the Isles. But these things happen. So I'm not going into panic mode, but it was a sucky loss.

Here's hoping we bounce back against Toronto.

Matteau Matteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
Well said. And that's a fantastic typo as well.
Dying for Glen Sather's sins.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 04:05 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

I've seen enough of Eminger. He's not good. Shouldn't be on the team. Gilroy sucks too but hey, he's better than Eminger.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 04:05 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:

Yes, Drury would've helped.

So would Ryan Callahan, our best (2nd best?) PKer. Too bad the ****** call was on him.

You take away the Callahan penalty in the first place and the situation leading to the 5 on 3 is gone too, no empty netter either.

Could they have scored? Absolutely. I'm not saying we were a great team- for the most part we were very ehh. I'm saying that, based on the no-call for the punch to Step's throat, the knee to knee on Girardi, and the call on Callahan, the Islanders didn't deserve to win the game the way they did at all.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Matteau Matteau

On the bright side, Dubi looked fantastic out there during the parts of the game I was able to watch.

Matteau Matteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 04:07 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Then youre just searching for an illegitimate excuse and you've found one. Congratulations.

The bigger issue is to ask yourself why the Rangers let an AHL team stick around in this game anyway and, worse yet, couldnt stop the bleeding once a little adversity came.
Couldn't stop the bleeding?

Getting rid of the best PKer on the team for no reason is going to hurt and shift the momentum. It's unfathomable how you won't admit this. That last 5 minutes should've been an even strength situation and we don't know how it would've turned out. Not to mention neglecting to give us the PP on the rampant no-calls, when we excelled on the PP all game.

The Islanders were handed the end of that game. Yes, it's bad that they had a very real chance of winning. It's worse that we won't know because of the referees.

Old
10-11-2010, 04:07 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Was the call on Callahan soft? Possibly. But it's a play that doesn't add anything whether it's made or not. It just invites a call to be made. Look, officiating wasn't great (missed hook on Christensen, Martinek after the whistle on Stepan) but it's part of the game. KIll the penalties,

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 04:08 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

What happened to Christensen? I had the Islanders feed they didn't even mention he was hurt; although I noticed he wasn't taking his shifts between Fro and Gabby.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
What happened to Christensen tonight? I had the Islanders feed they didn't even mention he was hurt; although I noticed he wasn't taking his shifts between Fro and Gabby.
Hooked.

No call.

Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

By the way, even though Gaborik didn't score, to qualify as a penalty shot it is supposed to be only on the opponents side of the Red line.

Gaborik was on his own side. Officiating was mediocre all around, including the early whistle.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
morffin

Good to see the Drury love ... very overpaid and under appreciated player.

Will the NHL do anything about the offensive gesture the Islander player made to Avery? I was watching the game with my kids....not a cool thing to see on the ice.

morffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 04:09 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post

You said the refs calls had NOTHING to do with the loss. So not even 1%? Wow horrible diagnosis by you.

The Rangers played like the Keystone cops of hockey that third period. That's 90% or more of the reason for the loss anyone who blames it solely on the refs is being foolish but it's equally wrong to say the refs had nothing to do with it. There were some very clear and obviously bad calls and missed calls. If you can argue that there weren't than I'll agree with you but you know you can't

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 04:09 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

All those changes the last few offseasons and still the same Rangers.

I'm just happy how the Ranger-drafted guys are developing. MDZ isnt known for his defense but he's still going to be a good PP QB.

Anybody who was planning a parade route after the Buffalo game hopefully got a dose of reality. The Rangers being sloppy and making bad decisions on the ice has always been the rule and not the exception.

Hats off to the Isles, once again. I wonder how long it'll take Torts to start shuffling lines and d-pairs.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote