HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#3: Avalanche @ Flyers - Monday, Oct. 11, 2010 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2010, 10:41 PM
infidelappel*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Yeah, as you know I am not Carle's biggest fan, but he has been great so far. His pinches are always perfect, and he is playing physical too.
I'm not a big Carle fan either, but he has looked really good. Well-timed pinches, heads-up plays off of good keeps in the offensive zone, and he has had an edge to his game. He's also looked great rotating over and using his speed to fill holes in the defensive zone.

Kid looks good.

Old
10-11-2010, 10:42 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
Phone call for my dad this late at night is bad news.
Hopefully not.

Old
10-11-2010, 10:43 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Hopefully not.
False alarm, it's his job. I too thought it was a family emergency. That's all I need right now with school an all.

Old
10-11-2010, 10:45 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Have you gotten any chance to go back since you have gotten out of school?

It's post game now, we can talk about whatever I believe lol.
Yeah I have been back up a couple times. Wish the drive was a bit shorter, 6 hrs is just long enough to be kind of a pain. I'd love to go back and live there for a while at some point, but based on experiences some friends have had, you really need to be making good money if you want to live decently there.

Quote:
Phone call for my dad this late at night is bad news.
Hope everything is okay.

Old
10-11-2010, 10:50 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Yeah I have been back up a couple times. Wish the drive was a bit shorter, 6 hrs is just long enough to be kind of a pain. I'd love to go back and live there for a while at some point, but based on experiences some friends have had, you really need to be making good money if you want to live decently there.

Hope everything is okay.
Yeah, not gonna lie, the drive is kind of a bore. I took like 91 I think? I forget my gf did a lot of the driving up, I do remember the Mass Pike however. We took 95 home to some road that was real scenic.

I'd love to live in the North End A man can dream.

Thanks man, everything is cool. I had kind of those bad feelings when I heard the phone.

Old
10-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Garbage Goal

Is Walker ever going to get waived? Now that Pronger is back and he looked good tonight (he had a quietly effective game tonight) I can't imagine him staying up for very long.

Tonight was also the first time I've seen Shelley do something useful for us too.

Old
10-11-2010, 10:52 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Just got home from the game...way to go boys!!! Gotta love winning the home opener.
Lovin' Roo and Carter (Plllbtbtbtbt to you haters.. LOL), and I thought Hartnell had a good game.

The fans are dying for a nickname/cheer for Bob. I think eventually, it'll just be chanting "Bob! Bob! Bob!!".. that almost got going tonight.

Also, my friend said it didn't come over the tv really well, but Lappy got a looong standing O. Looked like he was chokin' up again. I know I was..sigh.... I love that man.

Old
10-11-2010, 10:53 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
Just got home from the game...way to go boys!!! Gotta love winning the home opener.
Lovin' Roo and Carter (Plllbtbtbtbt to you haters.. LOL), and I thought Hartnell had a good game.

The fans are dying for a nickname/cheer for Bob. I think eventually, it'll just be chanting "Bob! Bob! Bob!!".. that almost got going tonight.

Also, my friend said it didn't come over the tv really well, but Lappy got a looong standing O. Looked like he was chokin' up again. I know I was..sigh.... I love that man.
If there's one guy I wish could win the Cup, it would be him.

Old
10-11-2010, 10:54 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Yeah, not gonna lie, the drive is kind of a bore. I took like 91 I think? I forget my gf did a lot of the driving up, I do remember the Mass Pike however. We took 95 home to some road that was real scenic.

I'd love to live in the North End A man can dream.

Thanks man, everything is cool. I had kind of those bad feelings when I heard the phone.
Hmm, not sure about 91, maybe you took 87?

I take 87 to 84 to the Mass Pike, some nice mountain views, but not too much else. At night it's actually pretty clear and going through Hartford is fun. The worst drive is definitely 95 from Philly to DC, just torturous.

Yeah, the North End and downtown is awesome, if I have any regrets, it's probably not exploring the city more thoroughly.

Old
10-11-2010, 10:55 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Oh and one more awesome thing:

JVR being chippy with Foote

Old
10-11-2010, 11:00 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Hmm, not sure about 91, maybe you took 87?

I take 87 to 84 to the Mass Pike, some nice mountain views, but not too much else. At night it's actually pretty clear and going through Hartford is fun. The worst drive is definitely 95 from Philly to DC, just torturous.

Yeah, the North End and downtown is awesome, if I have any regrets, it's probably not exploring the city more thoroughly.
Yeah I think you're right with 87. I don't know where I got 91 lol.

I spent a lot of time in downtown and the North End and had dinner Saturday in the Back Bay at a good real good seafood place. Just took the T everywhere super easy to figure it out. However, I did walk from North End to the back bay...**** was that a hard walk.

Maybe it's just me, but do you think Bostonians like to stare at people? Everywhere I went I had at least one.

Old
10-11-2010, 11:04 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Oh and one more awesome thing:

JVR being chippy with Foote
Hah, I laughed when I saw that. Kid needs to be careful; Foote can **** him up.

Old
10-11-2010, 11:14 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
Hah, I laughed when I saw that. Kid needs to be careful; Foote can **** him up.
Old-man-strength is real.

Old
10-11-2010, 11:16 PM
DrHamburg

just got home.who was good and who was bad??

Old
10-11-2010, 11:16 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Much better game for Meszaros than the first two. Much better defensively all around, although I don't like blowing two-goal leads.

Old
10-11-2010, 11:19 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

I also agree that Carle has looked very good.Im not his biggest fan (not even a hater, neutral on him), but so far in 3 games, he has been our 2nd best defender (I think Kimo has been amazing. tonight he looked alittle banged up but still made his solid defensive plays)

Old
10-11-2010, 11:21 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post

Jules, the ovation came through loud and clear. I loved it and I wish I had been there!

Old
10-11-2010, 11:24 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post
Awesome assesment. Definatly noticed Zherdevs back check today, that is awesome to see
I think it was Zherdev back checking in the nuetral zone, led to JVR drawing that penalty late in the 3rd. That is the only time I noticed him tonight tho.

Old
10-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHamburg View Post
just got home.who was good and who was bad??
No one really. Zherdev still didn't do anything offensively, Hartnell was crappy overall again (caused a goal against), and our PP still sucked. That's about all the bad I can think of though.

Old
10-11-2010, 11:27 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Liked this assessment on the Richards-Carter first line thing:

Quote:
Laviolette also mixed up the left wing on the top line quite a bit tonight. He said it wasn't a knock against Dan Carcillo, and that he thought Carcillo played well. "Just trying to win a hockey game," he said. We'll see if he continues experimenting there, because Carter and Mike Richards certainly looked like they broke free a bit with a few other players on their line.
From BSH

Old
10-11-2010, 11:28 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

I don't think Carcillo will stick around with those guys

Old
10-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Liked this assessment on the Richards-Carter first line thing:
Pretty smart way to go about it. I'm still not a fan of having Richards and Carter on the same line, but as for the Carbomb thing that's a much smarter way to go around it. Makes much more sense.

Quote:
I don't think Carcillo will stick around with those guys
I don't like having to have Carbomb up that high on the depth chart, but if we go with set lines then we have no other choice.

Carbomb also had a pretty good game tonight so I'm hoping that didn't go unnoticed.

Old
10-11-2010, 11:35 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Carcillo is good to grind with the puck and get to the net, and he'll have that flash of brilliance with a nice goal, but he's not a top 9 player, at least on a full-time basis, and he's not good enough to play will skill players of that caliber while establishing themselves as a true line. I don't want to hear about what happened last year with Richards and Gagne, imagine how much better they would have been with Ville Leino attached to their hip.

Old
10-11-2010, 11:42 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

****ing awesome game, ****** rain and traffic on the way home though.

Lappy had such a long, standing ovation from everyone. I thought he was going to start crying again.

Didn't really like how some of the players straight up passed up the kids though.

I'm sitting here rewatching the replay on The comcast network, and on the side of Anderson in the first and third period. On the left side, see the Black flyers jersey with black and white hat? That's me.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
Old
10-11-2010, 11:55 PM
Boston BROin
Marchand makes u mad

Send a message via AIM to Boston BROin Send a message via Yahoo to Boston BROin
Quote:
Yeah I think you're right with 87. I don't know where I got 91 lol.

I spent a lot of time in downtown and the North End and had dinner Saturday in the Back Bay at a good real good seafood place. Just took the T everywhere super easy to figure it out. However, I did walk from North End to the back bay...**** was that a hard walk.

Maybe it's just me, but do you think Bostonians like to stare at people? Everywhere I went I had at least one.
Yes. Yes we do. For me, it's not a hostile thing, it's a confidence thing. Walk with your head held high and watch people.

I type this sitting in North Station waiting for a train while friendly eyeballing everyone around me.

Edit: Congrats on the game tonight. I just picked up Bob on my fantasy team. Hopefully he plays well.

Closed Thread