HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is this a new feature on nhl.com?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-11-2010, 10:14 PM
  #1
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,150
vCash: 500
Is this a new feature on nhl.com?

NHL.com has gone through a pretty good re-design and there's a pretty cool feature I've never noticed before. Apparently they collect photos that you can view for free or even buy a copy if you want. Click on the game recap or gamecenter tab and it's in the upper right corner of the screen under "Photos". They get updated as the game goes along.

Pretty minor thing, but it's pretty cool I think. There's about 34 pictures just from our game alone tonight and a few of them are pretty nice.

If this is a new feature, does anyone know of any others?

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 10:31 PM
  #2
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
NHL.com has gone through a pretty good re-design and there's a pretty cool feature I've never noticed before. Apparently they collect photos that you can view for free or even buy a copy if you want. Click on the game recap or gamecenter tab and it's in the upper right corner of the screen under "Photos". They get updated as the game goes along.

Pretty minor thing, but it's pretty cool I think. There's about 34 pictures just from our game alone tonight and a few of them are pretty nice.

If this is a new feature, does anyone know of any others?

EDIT: OOH! I found that if you open the thumbnail in a new tab, it shows it.. and is <cough> saveable!!

Eh...maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't see the whole gallery at a decent size. I have to click on the tiny thumbnail just to have a separate window pop up...kind of annoying..

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 10:36 PM
  #3
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
EDIT: OOH! I found that if you open the thumbnail in a new tab, it shows it.. and is <cough> saveable!!

Eh...maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't see the whole gallery at a decent size. I have to click on the tiny thumbnail just to have a separate window pop up...kind of annoying..
Some of them you don't have to open in a new tab to save. Some of them are saveable as they pop up on NHL.com. Don't know why though.

The whole gallery should show up as a popup on NHL.com just by clicking the Photos link. Each photo comes up as a different size.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 10:41 PM
  #4
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Nice

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 10:48 PM
  #5
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,150
vCash: 500
Yeah, there's some pretty great pics in there. I even put one as my background. So I'm surprised this feature hasn't been given more attention

I've found my fair share of unintentionally hilarious pics browsing the other games as well.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 10:52 PM
  #6
infidelappel*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
Nice
That is so epic.

I'd kill for a high res version.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 11:14 PM
  #7
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
That is so epic.

I'd kill for a high res version.
Well, the purpose of this thread is to tell you that you can actually purchase one.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 11:32 PM
  #8
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,493
vCash: 156
who wants a guerin picture?

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:08 AM
  #9
PhilaFlyers
Registered User
 
PhilaFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,188
vCash: 300
Pretty sweet Bob pic

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 10:46 AM
  #10
infidelappel*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
Well, the purpose of this thread is to tell you that you can actually purchase one.
C'mon, who has money for that? I require free source materials for my photochopping.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 10:48 AM
  #11
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
Nice
We need Simon Gagne as a ghost photoshopped into this picture.

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 11:02 AM
  #12
infidelappel*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
We need Simon Gagne as a ghost photoshopped into this picture.
All too easy...when I get home from work and onto a computer that isn't turrible.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.