HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#3: Avalanche @ Flyers - Monday, Oct. 11, 2010 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
No one really. Zherdev still didn't do anything offensively, Hartnell was crappy overall again (caused a goal against), and our PP still sucked. That's about all the bad I can think of though.
See, I didn't think Hartnell had that bad a game... I guess you always have a different perspective when you're at the game......

Old
10-11-2010, 11:00 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
See, I didn't think Hartnell had that bad a game... I guess you always have a different perspective when you're at the game......
It wasn't bad really. Wasn't good either. He played a part in a goal against, had a tripping penalty, and didn't do much offensively. He definitely had the effort and he had some decent hits though.

Old
10-11-2010, 11:07 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
It wasn't bad really. Wasn't good either. He played a part in a goal against, had a tripping penalty, and didn't do much offensively. He definitely had the effort and he had some decent hits though.
Yeah, I'll go with that. I was actually laughing because every time I thought he did something good, he did something dumb. I guess I feel he had a "good" game because last year (regular season), it was just all dumb.

Old
10-11-2010, 11:17 PM
TheTaekster

Really hoping Zherdev is going through a readjustment period and feeling out the system right now, because the guy is just floating out there. I found myself yelling at the TV during half of his shifts...the guy seems flat out lazy. Too much coasting out there. Frustrating, because he might be the most naturally gifted offensive guy on the team outside of Giroux.

Old
10-11-2010, 11:19 PM
usahockey22flyers
Forza Roma

Full Bobrovsky interview, still no english! Maybe some day.
Not sure what he meant by "Since the team won, i feel like everyone won", apparently the translator didnt understand either lol

http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocen...id=DL|PHI|home

But his answers were very humble, and he definatly seems like a team guy. Awesome to hear

Old
10-11-2010, 11:39 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post
Full Bobrovsky interview, still no english! Maybe some day.
Not sure what he meant by "Since the team won, i feel like everyone won", apparently the translator didnt understand either lol

http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocen...id=DL|PHI|home

But his answers were very humble, and he definatly seems like a team guy. Awesome to hear
Damn Bob!

That translator is hot! I hope he hit that.

Old
10-12-2010, 12:26 AM
mypunkrock

An videos of the intro?

I want to see the ovation Lappy got.

Old
10-12-2010, 12:35 AM
Flyerfan4life

dam i love Prongers interviews..

those reporters must be nervous as hell knowing he'll throw their stupid questions right back at them..

Old
10-12-2010, 12:54 AM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

Strangely, the emotion wasn't as strong this opener compared to last year. Must have been the Western opponent.
Loved seeing the players watching the highlights on the big board. But so disappointed in the banner drop. I wanted to see that thing go up, up, up to the rafters.
Team looked like it played it's best game, though the Avs took over for a spell there. The Flyers had more puck possession than in the first two games, and a ton of shots in the first period.
Interesting with the mix on the top line, moving Carcillo out. JVR looked like a fit. Briere seemed like too much on one line. Teams have got to be watching him, and putting him with Richards and Carter takes away from the Leino-Hartnell-fill-in line.
D continues to come together. Other than Coburn having to be told during the action what side of the ice was his, he looked like last spring.
Overall, no failing grades from Monday's game. How can you give any bad grades? This team earned 5 points in its first three games, with a rookie goalie, and two games on the road. Yeah, last year was similar, but Pittsburgh-St. Louis is a tougher opening trip than Carolina-NJ.

Oh, and what was the BOB-BOB-BOB-BOB the arena folks tried to get started on the scoreboard? Wouldn't it work better to let the fans figure it out and then follow suit? The folks I was with were like ????

Last edited by Murphy7: 10-12-2010 at 01:15 AM.
Old
10-12-2010, 02:08 AM
CerpinTaxt

did i read correctly on OTF, we scored to shorthanded goals?

Old
10-12-2010, 03:20 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerpinTaxt View Post
Well, you may have read it correctly, but they were wrong. Giroux got a shortie, and then Carter scored on a breakaway right at the end of a PK. Also, Powe scored an empty netter in a 4 (5 with no goalie) on 4 situation, which is kind of a shortie even though it doesn't get scored as one (I don't think it does anyway).

Old
10-12-2010, 05:30 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
Yeah I think you're right with 87. I don't know where I got 91 lol.

I spent a lot of time in downtown and the North End and had dinner Saturday in the Back Bay at a good real good seafood place. Just took the T everywhere super easy to figure it out. However, I did walk from North End to the back bay...**** was that a hard walk.

Maybe it's just me, but do you think Bostonians like to stare at people? Everywhere I went I had at least one.
Yeah for sure. My junior year was such an adjustment, I did study abroad in France, where it's impolite to look someone in the eyes if you don't know them, to Boston where it seems like EVERYBODY does it.

Old
10-12-2010, 05:43 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

I love hockey interveiws.

How did you win today,

Enter Generic Response 1
"well um, we got the puck in deep, tried to get the puck to the net, and went from there".

Old
10-12-2010, 06:11 AM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChumpyG View Post
Well, you may have read it correctly, but they were wrong. Giroux got a shortie, and then Carter scored on a breakaway right at the end of a PK. Also, Powe scored an empty netter in a 4 (5 with no goalie) on 4 situation, which is kind of a shortie even though it doesn't get scored as one (I don't think it does anyway).
It doesn't, since the opposing team still has the same amount of players on the ice.

Old
10-12-2010, 06:20 AM
kicksave27

It is me or is hartnell not strong on his skates at all. He falls when anyone gets near him, or sometimes at center ice all by himself. If he could actually stay on his skates better he wouldn't have to shoot from his knees all the time.

Old
10-12-2010, 06:37 AM
chaosof99*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
An videos of the intro?

I want to see the ovation Lappy got.
The intro videos played on the jumbotron should be on Flyers.nhl.com. Don't think they'll include the crowd reactions from when they were shown last night though.

Old
10-12-2010, 06:54 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA Fan View Post
I'm sorry, but I can't stand listening to this Flyers announcer. Compared to Canadian play-by-play commenters, they seem to be lacking in hockey knowledge.

/rant
Most ignorant post I've seen in a while. The Flyers announcers are among the best I've heard. Can't stand VS. Can't stand NBC.

So glad to hear Jimmy Jackson's voice again

Old
10-12-2010, 07:17 AM
chaosof99*

Before the game started, somebody posted about the saturday game possibly being moved to make way for the start of the Phillies-Giants series. Any news on that? Would help me a lot since I have to work Saturdays during game time :X

Old
10-12-2010, 07:34 AM
mirimon

I'm late to the party... just a few observations. Giroux on the breakaway is awesome. Top players for me tonight though were Bobrovsky, Richards and Coburn.

Hartnell is dífficult to figure out. He does some things so good, he hustles and he creates space for his linemates, be they Brière, Leino, Carter or whoever... and then he can be so, so dumb.

And finally, how can you possibly have a celebration of last years playoffs and the comeback against Boston and not include Gagné. It's just ridiculous.

Old
10-12-2010, 08:18 AM
97FlyersKing18

Because Gagne is not on this year's team. They didn't show any of Asham's fancy stickwork or fights because he is not on the team anymore. I am sure the Flyers would be classy enough to to do a pregame ceremony or short video of "Simon's greatest plays".

Old
10-12-2010, 08:31 AM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97FlyersKing18 View Post
Because Gagne is not on this year's team. They didn't show any of Asham's fancy stickwork or fights because he is not on the team anymore. I am sure the Flyers would be classy enough to to do a pregame ceremony or short video of "Simon's greatest plays".
Would it be appropriate though? Simon didn't leave on the happiest of terms.

Old
10-12-2010, 08:46 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerpinTaxt View Post
Yes, we didn't score just won, we scored to!

Sorry, I had to.

Old
10-12-2010, 08:46 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

I don't think Simon is one to hold grudges. I could see him returning to finish his career in Philly.

Old
10-12-2010, 08:47 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
Would it be appropriate though? Simon didn't leave on the happiest of terms.
I don't think it would be professional, but I wouldn't mind the organization giving their proper respects for a long time Flyer. I do hope there will be a standing ovation for Simon on Thursday. He deserves it.

Old
10-12-2010, 08:52 AM
Cleary84

Wow! Bob's translator is a fox!

Closed Thread